Was Kiah Stokes ineffective today when she was in ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Was Kiah Stokes ineffective today when she was in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyPup

Dislikes Notur-Daim
Reaction Score
If she can get stronger, I think she will get in better scoring position down low. She should never get pushed off the block, but she does. Stef uses her body to get in great position. Hopefully, she will learn that. Yes, I am rooting for her too, big time.

I agree she should never get pushed off the block but at times she appears to post up with the intention of knowing she's not getting the ball. there have been numerous times this season where she posts up like she should ..defender is buried and yet the guards don't give it to her. I think we all want her to be a beast.....the key is does Kiah want to be one...? It's all about confidence and communication. She needs to let her guards know that she was /is open on occasion and to look for her. If she by chance gets the ball in the post she is actually pretty efficient.

Reaction Score
From what I see Kiah is just fine. Geno is working the other ladies in anticipation of the NC. He needs them to figure themselves out as well as Geno figuring out how to best use them. Kiah is no problem and a known quantity. He can count on her to perform, but the other players need to be better coordinated. Geno knew that Kiah could have cut off Louisville's mid range game, but he needed to see if anyone else could do it and what he has to do to help them along. Don't count Geno out when certain players play and others don't. It's not always about who is being punished. Count on LV's midrange game being non-existent next time we play them. IMO...

Reaction Score
From what I see Kiah is just fine. Geno is working the other ladies in anticipation of the NC. He needs them to figure themselves out as well as Geno figuring out how to best use them. Kiah is no problem and a known quantity. He can count on her to perform, but the other players need to be better coordinated. Geno knew that Kiah could have cut off Louisville's mid range game, but he needed to see if anyone else could do it and what he has to do to help them along. Don't count Geno out when certain players play and others don't. It's not always about who is being punished. Count on LV's midrange game being non-existent next time we play them. IMO...

Couldn't have said it any better.Geno always has his reasons for who plays when and against who and as you said it is not always a punishment but how certain players mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom