Was I alone ? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Was I alone ?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm a woman, but ok. LOL
Oops, my sincere apologies. I'll remember. I won't make that mistake in the future. :confused: I know there are a lot of ladies here in the yard, but I honestly don't know who all of them are. Unless they mention it, I/we have no way of knowing. Thanks for the correction. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You just made me feel good about bailing out. Make me feel even better... did the word "dynasty" come up, or snapping Geno's Finals record?
Uconn fans must deal with this disappointing loss in their own way. As I've said before. I take what comes. I have learned to accept the things in life I have no control over. THIS is one of those things. I'm a fan from afar. I didn't mention it in open forum, but I did not think UConn was going to win. I tried to be as positive as I could. I didn't post a score or outcome in the prognosticator's thread because I don't like to pick against UConn.

A tip o' the turban to those that had the guts to do so. I commented several times this season that I thought this championship was SC's to lose, and the road to the championship went through Columbia. THEY were the elephant in the room all season, and they played like it, wire to wire. The books in Las Vegas agreed with me.

That loss to Kentucky in their conference final was the wake up call they needed to refocus and get their priorities back in order. IMO NO TEAM was going to deny them this year. That observation was low hanging fruit. It was an easy call. They beat every ranked opponent (13) they played this year. Missouri and Kentucky WERE NOT ranked when they lost to them. Kentucky was ranked #21 when SC defeated them 74-54 on Jan 9.

I watched most of the programing afterwards because I wanted to hear what was said by the analysts, the players and coaches that were interviewed afterwards. I thought UConn reached their ceiling this year. They did as well as they could and had NOTHING to be ashamed of. They made it all the way to the championship game. They won 5 tournament games. They knocked off 2 number 1 seeds in the process.

Something only one other team of the field of 68 did. This was not their year. SC was the better team, and executed their game plan better than we did. I'm a UConn fan first!!, but I'm also a realist. I have to call a spade a spade regardless how unpopular it may be. There's no shame in not winning it all when it's not YOUR year. 67 other teams lost too, but we were the last one to lose. We lost to the champion in the championship game, not to a team that was later eliminated.

When you do THE BEST you can do, that's all you can do. You win AS A TEAM, you lose AS A TEAM. Over the summer you regroup, identify what you did wrong that can be corrected and do what SC did, come back the next year and take what's yours. Put WCBB on notice. You are going to "take" what's yours and you're not going to be denied. Then go about working your plan one game at a time. You've got to want it more than any other team. SC WAS NOT the only team that planned on winning the championship. The difference is THEY were the only team that played like it.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I recorded it and kept checking twitter for updates to see if I should start watching it.
That did not happen.
I deleted the recording and have not seen it.
Yea, I haven't deleted it yet, but I'll probably never get to watch it. I've never seen any of the semi losses either.

Had the mojo working.....until the last game. :(

Kinda makes me question existence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom