Was I alone ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Was I alone ?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My Bad. Turned the game off 8 minutes in first quarter. Knew it was all over. My brag on Destiny went to SC. It was their Destiny. OK, on to next year, where I predict they will be the UConn of old. 30-40 point victors. GO HUSKIES!!! NEXT YEAR.
Since you have not described your TV, I completely discount your post.

Reaction Score
I watched the postgame. While Boston was dominant as usual, I was disappointed but not surprised she received the MVP over Henderson. Regardless of the evidence, once ESPN has identified their star not much will alter their fawning. Rowe's error was excusable but Elle Duncan's effort to indulge her "destiny" quip was so overdone it was beyond cringeworthy.

Reaction Score
Went to Netflix for relief. Couldn't watch SC celebration.

Reaction Score
All you who turned of the tv at the end of playing time missed Dawn's proclamation that SC's victory was "divinely ordained" (!!!!). Which I thought was a bit over the top.

Reaction Score
All you who turned of the tv at the end of playing time missed Dawn's proclamation that SC's victory was "divinely ordained" (!!!!). Which I thought was a bit over the top.
She doubled down on it also. Said it more than once. Baffling.

Reaction Score
Geno is 68. The era was always going to end some time because people don't live forever, and after the Stewie years there was only one direction to go.
There will never be another 4 years like Stewie's. Not even Dawn will be able to do that. And if South Carolina players besides A'ja don't start being stars in the WNBA, that will cut back on recruiting.
The reason Uconn, has stayed at the top is the continuing number of players who play well at the next level.

Reaction Score
I watched the postgame. While Boston was dominant as usual, I was disappointed but not surprised she received the MVP over Henderson. Regardless of the evidence, once ESPN has identified their star not much will alter their fawning. Rowe's error was excusable but Elle Duncan's effort to indulge her "destiny" quip was so overdone it was beyond cringeworthy.
The MOP is for the 2 games and not just the championship game.

Reaction Score
Had John Oliver queued on the DVR, ready to go, finger poised on the remote. The moment Muhl crossed midcourt with seconds left, escaped unharmed! :D
UCONN vs S. C. and then John Oliver. I call that a very bad evening. :eek:

Reaction Score
They gritted their way to the finals. Azzi being sick and Dorka being hurt was hard to overcome. Turned it off as soon as the buzzer sounded and deleted the recording from my DVR.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
You just made me feel good about bailing out. Make me feel even better... did the word "dynasty" come up, or snapping Geno's Finals record?

Reaction Score
If the game had been a bit closer I would have stuck with the post game. Turned it off and went to sleep.
Even though we dug a hole for ourselves early AGAIN, it was less of a shock than last year.
Wasn’t expecting Arizona to be that good.
Knew SC was a tall order to beat

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had the video on with the sound down low. Good for Dawn and her players. I thought their 2017 championship was lucky, because Miss State knocked us out. This year, they were the best team. But when Boston leaves, they lose the advantage.

The worst part of the celebration last night was that Candace Parker was involved. Ugh!

Reaction Score
Agree Bill. Dorka was a key piece in our being able to compete with South Carolina’s front court. Minimally, she’s five more fouls, but if she’s hitting from deep she could also help to draw them out of the paint. once she went down, our margin for error against South Carolina was very very slim.

Azzi being sick was a huge loss. Without Dorka our best game plan was to stretch the court by using our three point shooters. Without Fudd we lose her ability to score, but more importantly her ability to stretch the floor in draw defenders. With Azzi on the court some of the attention that Paige saw gets drawn away, making her more effective. With the threat of both Paige and Azzi, the paint gets opened up for Christyn to do what she does best, drive to the hoop.

Add to all of that the fact that Olivia was hampered by a groin injury and you could see we had a tremendous hill to climb. Still, but for the abysmal first quarter, we played them pretty much even. I’m going to say some thing like 40 to 41 points or 41 to 42 points in the other 3 quarters. So the possibility was there. But once we dug that huge hole, the amount of energy it took to climb out of it was going to be problematic.

In time, I will remember this season for the team’s incredible resilience. Seldom has any team, anywhere had to overcome the adversity that we saw. In retrospect, it’s impressive. But, for today, I’m still frustrated and disappointed over a devastating loss. I am disappointed that our seniors went out with a whimper and not a bang. As I noted above, the odds were really stacked against them, still, I hoped for more of a fairytale ending for them.

In the weeks to come I will remember the incredible core of enormously talented players that we have left. Paige, Azzi, Ducharme, and Aaliyah are a great core 4. The future is bright in Storrs Connecticut, even if it’s a little tough to see it this morning.
It was obvious South Carolina only had to guard 1 or 2 players and packed it in on everyone else. That is why rebounding was so difficult.

Reaction Score
I turned it off with 2:30 left in the 4th. All respect to SC, but it's hard to watch. Knowing this team wasn't going to pull it out, after the year they had and all the obstacles they've overcome was hard enough. To watch it till the end...I would've been crying right along with our girls. As hard as it is to swallow an ending like that, it is what makes sports so beautiful and inspiring. I've never met a single person on that team, and yet like another poster said here, I cry with them like they're my blood. Just have to say especially with Evina, she will be on my UConn Mount Rushmore, I am so grateful we got to call her a Husky the last couple years.

Reaction Score
You just made me feel good about bailing out. Make me feel even better... did the word "dynasty" come up, or snapping Geno's Finals record?
Dont recall "dynasty" from Coach Staley, and I am sure that she didnt mention snapping the winning streak.

Reaction Score
One reason most of us turned off the ESPN channel and went else where was exactly what you stated, we just foresaw what was coming. ;)

Reaction Score
...in tuning out immediately at the final buzzer. I was too thin skinned to watch the celebration of hear the comments.
exactly
...in tuning out immediately at the final buzzer. I was too thin skinned to watch the celebration of hear the comments.
EXACTLY ,I turn off immediately ! Was not a UCONN BB night !

Reaction Score
I recorded it and kept checking twitter for updates to see if I should start watching it.
That did not happen.
I deleted the recording and have not seen it.
Did that with the Arizona game last year

Reaction Score
As soon as Nika crossed mid-court and put the ball down and walked away with 3 or 4 seconds ticking away on the clock, I powered down my super futuristic 99" next-OLED TV and went to bed.

Reaction Score
Since you have not described your TV, I completely discount your post.
I have a 54" LG TV. What does the size of my TV have to do with my post? The reason I turned it off was I did not want to see the team lose. The only thing I missed was Caroline's 9 points as I believe she is going to be a huge star next year. GO HUSKIES!!! NEXT YEAR

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I recorded it and kept checking twitter for updates to see if I should start watching it.
That did not happen.
I deleted the recording and have not seen it.
Smart man. You didn't miss anything. It was a very hard game to watch. I recorded it too, I always do. I erased it immediately after. I watched it once. I don't want/need to see it again. :oops:

Reaction Score
I just let it roll. You can't win them all and I certainly wasn't feeling what the ladies felt.
Same here. I let it roll. Listened to the post-game interviews and the presser.

Reaction Score
Turned off my 77" Sony OLED the minute the buzzer went off!!! Guess I am not alone.
Whoa! 77" Sony? I need to get out more. I was watching the game on a 32" Panasonic TV!

Reaction Score
Smart man. You didn't miss anything. It was a very hard game to watch. I recorded it too, I always do. I erased it immediately after. I watched it once. I don't want/need to see it again. :oops:
I'm a woman, but ok. LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom