Was Boykin on the bench tonight? | The Boneyard

Was Boykin on the bench tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I did not see her. Natalie and Saniya were in street clothes, but I did not see Boykin anywhere. Did I miss her?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I did not see her. Natalie and Saniya were in street clothes, but I did not see Boykin anywhere. Did I miss her?

A couple of days ago I think there was something in the Courant about her having academic problems as exams get closer. Said her being missing is "tough love" from the coaching staff.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't remember anything that said academic problems, I saw rehab and doing class work.
I don't recall academic problems either - the only time I recall a player not being on the bench was when Geno felt she was not a part of the team at that time. Walker was not there just before she transferred and the team went on a road trip.

There was another player who was in deep doo-doo with the coach and we got a quote from Geno that went something like "Player X is not currently part of the UCONN basketball team". I honestly forget who the player was (I want to say Crockett but I am not sure) and am not saying that De'Janae is not part of the team, but it's ominous that she isn't on the bench for basically a home game in Uncasville...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I don't recall academic problems either - the only time I recall a player not being on the bench was when Geno felt she was not a part of the team at that time. Walker was not there just before she transferred and the team went on a road trip.

There was another player who was in deep doo-doo with the coach and we got a quote from Geno that went something like "Player X is not currently part of the UCONN basketball team". I honestly forget who the player was (I want to say Crockett but I am not sure) and am not saying that De'Janae is not part of the team, but it's ominous that she isn't on the bench for basically a home game in Uncasville...

Well I was paraphrasing. Perhaps "problems" isn't the right word. They said "distress". Maybe it's just somewhat overwhelming and stressful rather than problematic. The article did however use the phrase "Tough Love" though. That usually indicates some correction of habits is in order.

Reaction Score
I hate to complain, but why do they have to be so secretive regarding Boykin and especially Butler who was cleared a couple weeks ago? I guess there must be a good reason.

Reaction Score
I hate to complain, but why do they have to be so secretive regarding Boykin and especially Butler who was cleared a couple weeks ago? I guess there must be a good reason.
Was thinking the same thing, Sonny. Why can't they be more specific?

Reaction Score

I was thinking Walker too. I hope not. But by both the Courant and Jim Fuller she has academic issues that she is "struggling" with..
If she doesn't suit up and get a minute here or there soon---I wonder, I wonder, can't help it if I wonder (old song)???
Crockett had some issues, minor issues, but she made it to the end and played her best game as her last game, against Duke's Bales!!

Reaction Score

Poor DJB. She was supposedly the best of friends with KLS, but if you look at social media postings, Collier seems to be the one bonding the most w/KLS.

Reaction Score

It is not secretive ---it's called: Some things are none of our business. Some things belong to the kid, their family, and the Team.
Do you want your health issues or (when a kid) wanted to have your (bad) grades plastered across all media's? I'd sue the S.O.B. that did that to my kid and I'd win because of the "Privacy Laws" and these kids, while, on a big time team have the right to presume they have Privacy.

Reaction Score
It is not secretive ---it's called: Some things are none of our business. Some things belong to the kid, their family, and the Team.
Do you want your health issues or (when a kid) wanted to have your (bad) grades plastered across all media's? I'd sue the S.O.B. that did that to my kid and I'd win because of the "Privacy Laws" and these kids, while, on a big time team have the right to presume they have Privacy.
They are not kids. Once you reach your 18th birthday you are legally considered an adult in the U.S.A. I believe every UConn WCBB player is considered an adult. As far as "privacy laws" are concerned, it would get a little murky with respect to FERPA, but good luck in court on that one.

Reaction Score

Watching Butler...she is either regressing or never was ready. Watch how she claps on the bench...doesn't use her left hand. I wouldn't expect her anytime soon.

Reaction Score
Watching Butler...she is either regressing or never was ready. Watch how she claps on the bench...doesn't use her left hand. I wouldn't expect her anytime soon.
I noticed that as well. I do wonder what she looks like in practice assuming she is actually participating. If you can't even clap... well that's not a great sign.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I noticed that as well. I do wonder what she looks like in practice assuming she is actually participating. If you can't even clap... well that's not a great sign.
I agree with both of you. How can you get on the court and play needing both hands to grab the ball, play defense, etc? I forget who said it (it was a BY'er), but I thought it was a GREAT comment - "Butler needs to stay on the bench until she can clap with both hands"... Great stuff!!!

Reaction Score
They are not kids. Once you reach your 18th birthday you are legally considered an adult in the U.S.A. I believe every UConn WCBB player is considered an adult. As far as "privacy laws" are concerned, it would get a little murky with respect to FERPA, but good luck in court on that one.

Why do you need to know? all the little details of her life off the basketball court?
UConn has done a great job of keeping private matters private. When Butler and DJ are ready to play, we'll know and it will be announced.

Reaction Score
I was thinking Walker too. I hope not. But by both the Courant and Jim Fuller she has academic issues that she is "struggling" with..
If she doesn't suit up and get a minute here or there soon---I wonder, I wonder, can't help it if I wonder (old song)???
Crockett had some issues, minor issues, but she made it to the end and played her best game as her last game, against Duke's Bales!!

NEVER a good sign when you're not even on the bench at a home game. I'm a big fan of tough love, btw.

Reaction Score
Can Butler apply for a medical red shirt? Would she want to? Her playing in games just seems to keep slipping deeper and deeper into the season, and I'm beginning to think that we won't see her on the court for at least another month.

Reaction Score
Why do you need to know? all the little details of her life off the basketball court?
UConn has done a great job of keeping private matters private. When Butler and DJ are ready to play, we'll know and it will be announced.
I don't need to know, and quite frankly don't care all that much (other than curiosity) because as long as we have Stewie, and Mo, and Tuck, we have a pretty decent shot at an 11th title. We have the triumvirate and no one else does!!!!

Reaction Score
Can Butler apply for a medical red shirt? Would she want to? Her playing in games just seems to keep slipping deeper and deeper into the season, and I'm beginning to think that we won't see her on the court for at least another month.

Yup...she can apply.

Reaction Score
IF her injury keeps her out for the entire year - not just another month- she could apply. But the odds would be against her being successful. The NCAA rarely grants a 6th year when one of the "lost" years was due to a player's own voluntary decision to transfer. It has happened occasionally, however, but I've never tried to figure out what led to the rare exception.

Reaction Score
Even if she's been medically cleared? That seems strange.

Just out of curiosity, who said she was medically cleared? Maybe to walk upright and skip around, but she sure doesn't look medically ready to hold a pen, much less a basketball.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Why? Heather Buck was medically cleared to play her first year and she redshirted.
I think she never played in a game, so she was able to "voluntarily" redshirt. At the point that decision was made, her illness became moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom