Warde speaks in Code | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Warde speaks in Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
there was a kid on my dorm floor at UConn from Oregon - he was a cheerleader - who schooled me on the proper pronunciation. I never again uttered oregahn.

It's not Ore-gone? As in going going gone. And it isn't one of those stupid Missourah things where people from the state in question don't really say it that way?

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Dan had it. "Gone" sound is wrong. I pronounced everything wrong when I moved out here 20 years ago. I didn't know until then.

Reaction Score
Taken from the football board from Warde tonight speaking to the Alumni Dinner.

"A lot of emphasis on folks buying tickets and attending the games. It was stressed several times. We need you now--not sitting and waiting for better times--but right now--supporting the team.. Warde's next words were telling---(paraphrased)"especially if you want us to get where you want us to be--if you get my drift"."

Where's Conspiracy Kitty?

I agree with the support issue - it must be there. A few wins early will help a lot - the fans will come if you are 6-0, 5-1 or 4-2, but if they go in the tank it will be trouble. I must say, however, I resent being urged to do something different then what was required of the grand prize winners in CR. Please remind me again what the duck Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse, Pitt did that caused them to garner an invite before us? And Louisville? Don't get me going on that again! If Warde had said the rules for UConn are just different, then I would understand better. Frankly, so much of what has transpired in CR is inexplicable when it is allegedly based on performance and support.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I agree with the support issue - it must be there. A few wins early will help a lot - the fans will come if you are 6-0, 5-1 or 4-2, but if they go in the tank it will be trouble. I must say, however, I resent being urged to do something different then what was required of the grand prize winners in CR. Please remind me again what the duck Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse, Pitt did that caused them to garner an invite before us? And Louisville? Don't get me going on that again! If Warde had said the rules for UConn are just different, then I would understand better. Frankly, so much of what has transpired in CR is inexplicable when it is allegedly based on performance and support.
Not going to disagree with you... We've been hosed left and right while others less deserving have passed us. But it's all hands on deck time... Improve attendance, improve academics, improve research, improve football... Leave no reason for folks to tell us no.

Reaction Score
if attendance this coming year matters, then we obviously don't already have a non-public agreement with a new conference. i figured that anyway, but this statement seems to confirm it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I totally understand why you would feel this way, but your fan base can't worry about what has already transpired, but instead focus on what should and could still happen. Going to football games and donating money to the AD are about the only things the average person can do to show that the base is fully invested in the future of all UCONN Athletics.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
All we need to do is bring the same enthusiasm as we did in 05 and 06. Those teams weren't very good after Dan O left and before the first full BCS level roster, but the games were exciting because the atmosphere made them that way. Beating Pitt and UL then wasn't any bigger an accomplishment than beating SMU or UCF today. The fact that the crowd was into it, made it an event.

40,000 people participating is what makes CFB what it is. The well treaded quotes from RGIII say all you need to know what UCONN FB and its fans can be.

The stink of P really killed the last year and a half, but that's all gone now. Time to resume our ascent. It's not #Riseup, it's #Riseupagain.

Reaction Score
Not going to disagree with you... We've been hosed left and right while others less deserving have passed us. But it's all hands on deck time... Improve attendance, improve academics, improve research, improve football... Leave no reason for folks to tell us no.
Those schools had forward thinking administrators and athletic directors that were attuned to what was going on around them. This was lacking at UConn and thus the situation in which we find ourselves.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Those schools had forward thinking administrators and athletic directors that were attuned to what was going on around them. This was lacking at UConn and thus the situation in which we find ourselves.

Oh, shut up already.

Darryl Gross...forward thinking.

Okie dokie.

pj

Reaction Score
They had administrators who were well connected in the college athletics universe.

We had administrators who were well connected with the University of Connecticut Board of Trustees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom