Warde mentioned UCONN n p5 | The Boneyard

Warde mentioned UCONN n p5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He said that perhaps soon, UCONN will be in a P5 conference, where we should be. Could he maybe know something?

Reaction Score
Better man will get us to the promise land.....

(Just playing )

Reaction Score
He said something along the lines of UConn deserves to be in a P5 conference and he hopes it happens soon.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He said that with our accomplishments, we deserve to be in a power 5 conference and that he hopes we would be in one soon.

Nothing cryptic and there's nothing to be deciphered.

Reaction Score
Starting at the 1:45 mark:

Thanks to... I forget who posted this over on the CR boards. Y'all should journey over there if you're interested in what people (some significant, most not) are saying about the possibilities.

But beware that you'll go both through the looking glass and down the rabbit hole.

Reaction Score
Starting at the 1:45 mark:

Thanks to... I forget who posted this over on the CR boards. Y'all should journey over there if you're interested in what people (some significant, most not) are saying about the possibilities.

But beware that you'll go both through the looking glass and down the rabbit hole.

I wish I never went over to the realignment board. I feel I get dumber and dumber by the day reading made up tweets by folks living in West Virginia. Seriously, West Virginia! The sad part is I go there daily and read it. I'm so ashamed of myself.

Reaction Score
He said that with our accomplishments, we deserve to be in a power 5 conference and that he hopes we would be in one soon.

I was attempting to be an assssshole. Thanks for pissing in my baby pool. :)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I was attempting to be an assssshole. Thanks for pissing in my baby pool. :)
A Fishy will piss anywhere so watch out
As far as Warde's comments - when you get out of a situation and into a dream - you'll say almost anything

Reaction Score
Remind me what Warde and Susan have actually done for UConn... With Luck Warde will be able to keep Michigan in the B1G. No idea if Susan can keep UConn in the the American...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You are normally a sensible poster, but this is terrible advice.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Remind me what Warde and Susan have actually done for UConn... With Luck Warde will be able to keep Michigan in the B1G. No idea if Susan can keep UConn in the the American...
If BC had not blocked us from the ACC, would you still have the same negative perception of Warde and Susan?

Reaction Score

Can't speak for Susan but Warde was a great AD. He came in when we were having APR trouble and helped us get a perfect score. Not to mention bringing 6 national championships. Warde will be missed.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth, I know someone who works for the Big 12 and the person told me that UConn is one of two schools seriously being considered. Interestingly, the person said that there is a movement by many in the P5 to redo the whole realignment thing - start over again from scratch and build super-regional mega conferences that make more sense. Thought it would be a long shot but it is being discussed. The person said that in an ideal world, UConn joining the Big 12 makes little sense, however, realignment has led many P5 conferences to do nonsensical things. The way things have shaken out, UConn is the next best thing for the Big12. This person is pretty high up - he apparently knows WM as he said that he sent a text to Warde congratulating him.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth, I know someone who works for the Big 12 and the person told me that UConn is one of two schools seriously being considered. Interestingly, the person said that there is a movement by many in the P5 to redo the whole realignment thing - start over again from scratch and build super-regional mega conferences that make more sense. Thought it would be a long shot but it is being discussed. The person said that in an ideal world, UConn joining the Big 12 makes little sense, however, realignment has led many P5 conferences to do nonsensical things. The way things have shaken out, UConn is the next best thing for the Big12. This person is pretty high up - he apparently knows WM as he said that he sent a text to Warde congratulating him.

Thanks for the info. UConn in the Big 12 is great for every sport except football. We'd get killed every game playing teams like Baylor, Oklahoma, and TCU. But for basketball, it'd be great. Imagine teams like Iowa State and Kansas coming to town? I actually wish you didn't say this cuz now my hopes are sky high to join a P5!

Reaction Score
Does this guy own a car wash, or is he just an attendant?

Reaction Score
If BC had not blocked us from the ACC, would you still have the same negative perception of Warde and Susan?
If KO and the program didnt win a title in 2o14, wouldn't you think differently on the state of this program and its staff?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If KO and the program didnt win a title in 2o14, wouldn't you think differently on the state of this program and its staff?

I'm disappointed in our on court performances, and I do believe Ollie is a work in progress, as were all the great coaches at this time in their careers so I still have long term confidence in him.

And what makes me most optimistic about "the state of the program" is the outstanding classes Ollie is landing, we're in good hands.

I have no opinion about the staff

We'll be fine

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If we were in a P5 conference, we'd compete, just like we competed with Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, Cuse and Maryland. We also competed with two other respected programs, Georgetown and Gonzaga. We competed so well we're actually 4-3 vs those programs.

What makes us so disappointed is that we're in the AAC and we're not dominating. I know I am, maybe that's an unrealistic expectation.

Our losses are so damn bad, but we're also so damn close

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If we were in a P5 conference, we'd compete, just like we competed with Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, Cuse and Maryland. We also competed with two other respected programs, Georgetown and Gonzaga. We competed so well we're actually 4-3 vs those programs.

What makes us so disappointed is that we're in the AAC and we're not dominating. I know I am, maybe that's an unrealistic expectation.

Our losses are so damn bad, but we're also so damn close
I hate the feeling that each loss moves us that much closer to staying in this purgatory forever. Our salvation shouldn't be riding on 19 year old kids. Of course, now that UConn has successfully spun its present situation as an Act of God, in which outside forces have placed us in the AAC, it doesn't really matter what the results are or who the next AD will be.

Reaction Score

Long way from "perhaps soon."

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Does this guy own a car wash, or is he just an attendant?

That high up? Has to own a statewide car wash chain. The car wash king. Adds even more credence to the poster's statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom