Warde.manuel@uconn.edu | The Boneyard

Warde.manuel@uconn.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Same here... I must of sent the guy about 4 emails in one day... lol
What's up with that? I mean, when I emailed Susan Herbst last year when Pitt and Syracuse announced ACC, she responded. It was pro forma, but she responded. I wonder what's going on in WM's head. Probably not real happy.

Reaction Score
I emailed. Thus far...crickets. Warde better get in front of this and engage the fanbase or this could spiral and turn ugly on him in a hurry.

Reaction Score
sent my email today...... 4 lengthy persuasive paragraphs.......keep sending them guys.....This is something we have to do at the very least if we expect results...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sent another 1 a bit ago. will be sending 1 every hour this work week 8-5

Reaction Score
I think we should bump this thread incessantly in order to urge our fellow boneyarders to send copious amounts of emails.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think we should bump this thread incessantly in order to urge our fellow boneyarders to send copious amounts of emails.

I think we should find HFD a job that's at least challenging enough such that he can't send one lengthy email per hour for an entire work week....:eek:

Reaction Score
hey HFD, "Burton Was Right" tee shirts should be worn at every game......I'm taking a sharpie to a white tee for the temple game....get on the bandwagon......This makes a statement and supports our biggest donor and players through attendance........

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I think we should find HFD a job that's at least challenging enough such that he can't send one lengthy email per hour for an entire work week....:eek:

my job now sucks but it pays for skol. i do my work every mornging and then its sailing in the afternoon of the internet. u can actually prob tell that by the hours i post here. afternoon and then at nights around things lol

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
hey HFD, "Burton Was Right" tee shirts should be worn at every game......I'm taking a sharpie to a white tee for the temple game....get on the bandwagon......This makes a statement and supports our biggest donor and players through attendance........

I AM IN!!!!!

flags upside down, writing on ships etc. have to get things going if we want change!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
my job now sucks but it pays for skol. i do my work every mornging and then its sailing in the afternoon of the internet. u can actually prob tell that by the hours i post here. afternoon and then at nights around things lol

I'll sneak some in on my lunch break, but then it's mostly "night owl" for me...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Also... athleticdirector@uconn.edu. I posted this somewhere else but to reiterate - it's likely more effective to write a real letter and proofread as best you can, print it out on good quality paper with letterhead, sign it and send to :

Office of the Athletic Director
2095 Hillside Road Unit 1173,
Storrs, CT 06269

Some tips (feel free to add your own)... Make sure to spell Warde Manuel correctly, first of all... (heh). You might include "Dr." instead of Mr. if you address him in the body of the letter (I'm sure Dr. Gross wasn't the only AD with a PhD). If you are an alum, include your affiliation and graduating year... of course identify if you're a season ticket holder, how many years, etc., but also can mention if your friends / coworkers are less enthusiastic about the state of the program. If you have young kids, mention that you want them to be part of UConn culture at football games so they'll grow up being Husky fans and maybe tuition-paying students. I think it's good to include personal anecdotes to demonstrate what the program means to you, and what it does for UConn. That makes it more meaningful when you're saying that you're disappointed and are asking for a change in the coach. It's up to you if you want to make a demand (if _____ is still coaching I'll cancel my season tickets) or just express your disappointment. I think these folks know when teams lose, the fans are less enthusiastic and buy less tickets, less merchandise, and the brand name diminishes.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

How about an Etch a Sketch? Or Legos? Or just something shiny?

My letter...

Dear Warde,

If you don't replace Coach P, I'm gonna have my friend Dan write you two letters an hour from now on.

Hugs and Kisses,

Fishy

PS - A big man like you can't buy off the rack. Email me -I got a guy.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
sent another 1 a bit ago. will be sending 1 every hour this work week 8-5

I could well be wrong here but I personally belive that one well designed letter will be far more effective than what may be interpreted as an attempt to spam his inbox.

Reaction Score
I sent an e-mail titled, "Buyout PP at $750K after January 1, 2013".

Reaction Score
I sent an e-mail titled, "Buyout PP at $750K after January 1, 2013".

If he needs to go, he needs to go in December after the season is over. It can't be about saving $250K in the buyout. We need time to find his replacement, if that's the way we are going to go.

Reaction Score
If he needs to go, he needs to go in December after the season is over. It can't be about saving $250K in the buyout. We need time to find his replacement, if that's the way we are going to go.

I think its a little easier to say when you're not managing the books that 250,000 doesn't matter. What's the real difference in that extra month? Hopefully, they can still bring someone in within the month of January and hold on to the recruiting class. But then again I highly doubt there are too many recruits that would not want to come to UCONN because we fired these PP and GD. At this point they are coming to UCONN for all the other reasons.....not for the coaches..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom