Warde Manuel sign Lock Up Ollie now!!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel sign Lock Up Ollie now!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Bingo willie......he'll get it done. Now I do expect sooner rather than later but I doubt he does it on 1 game, that would look rather silly!!! Maybe after the trip to the islands? We'll see........

I agree. This would be a good time. NC St game will be big.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There was a bind whichever way Manuel chose. Take the extreme outcomes that were hypothetically possible in September:

If he gave the three year contract and KO was lousy, WM's career as an AD would be seriously impacted, the program would be set back at least two years and UConn fans and alumni would be screaming about his decision including those who wanted Ollie.

If he gave the 7 month contract and KO proved to be an excellent coach, the men's bb program would be set back one or two years because of the impact on recruiting and UConn fans and alumni would be screaming including those who did not want Ollie.

I get the impression WM bears no animosity about the KO development that unfolded prior to the start of this season. And I don't get the impression he has an adversarial relationship with JC from what I've observed watching the interaction of the two men in the exhibition games and the MSU game. Having a disagreement about the KO contract does not indicate the relationship is rocky like it was between JC and Hathaway. Personally I advocated the position JC advocated. I felt and still do there were more positives than negatives with giving KO a three year contract from the start. But I'm not going to throw WM under the bus because his decision differed from mine.

My impression is that the MSU game really helps WM have a consensus of support with fans and alumni and if KO can continue to show the same type of results, he will offer an extended contract pretty quickly. So those of us who want KO long term, let's hope the success continues over the next two weeks allowing WM to pull the trigger.

Reaction Score
True, but the 1 year contract is stupid. Manuel seems lost, another terrible hire after PP. at least give KO 2 years and fire him after 1 if ur so disappointed and eat the $$. It hurts the program.

KO was just lucky. He has no coaching experience. No way anyone can say he out coached one of the best coaches in college basket ball. Had to be luck. JUST HAD TO SAY THIS TO ALL THOSE WHO LOOK AT RESUME AND NOT CHARACTER!!!!!!! Nice win KO. First of many UConn wins under your leadership!!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
True, but the 1 year contract is stupid. Manuel seems lost, another terrible hire after PP. at least give KO 2 years and fire him after 1 if ur so disappointed and eat the $$. It hurts the program.
I was being sarcastic. I wanted KO for the head coaching job the moment he stepped onto the UConn campus. It was partly a gut feeling but also based on what I read about his role in the NBA and what people in this forum discussed about his relationship with the kids and parents at his bb camps.

I was for the three year offer and felt as you do. BTW, Hathaway hired PP and not Manuel. It was as much to p*ss off a major contributor to athletics (The donor was Burton and I think the donor gave 5 mil for the football practice facility). The donor hated PP and wanted a say in the hire. Hathaway probably hired PP just to spite this donor as much as he wanted a easygoing compliant coach to avoid butting heads.

Reaction Score
Did you hear the stat where they said the winner of this rivalry each time has gone on to the NC. Too bad we cant keep that stat alive!!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Did you hear the stat where they said the winner of this rivalry each time has gone on to the NC. Too bad we cant keep that stat alive!!
There is alway a carry over effect for the following season. New paradigm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom