Warde Manuel sign Lock Up Ollie now!!!! | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel sign Lock Up Ollie now!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great great win!!! Great character win and gutsy, scrappy performance. I loved how Ollie was even directing players to move to certain spots on the floor to get better spacing for dribble penetration. Manuel needs to end this charade and just sign him to a 3 year contract. You can tell Ollie is going to be a great character coach who is going to get the most from his players.

PS Sorry about messing up with the title. I don't see on the site were I can edit it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
KO was just lucky. He has no coaching experience. No way anyone can say he out coached one of the best coaches in college basket ball. Had to be luck. JUST HAD TO SAY THIS TO ALL THOSE WHO LOOK AT RESUME AND NOT CHARACTER!!!!!!! Nice win KO. First of many UConn wins under your leadership!!

Reaction Score
KO was just lucky. He has no coaching experience. No way anyone can say he out coached one of the best coaches in college basket ball. Had to be luck. JUST HAD TO SAY THIS TO ALL THOSE WHO LOOK AT RESUME AND NOT CHARACTER!!!!!!! Nice win KO. First of many UConn wins under your leadership!!
I can also hear from the critics that UCONN beat a Michigan State team that always struggles at the beginning of the season.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Obviously MSU lost because they flew really far, it was a hard to shoot in there, and they were trying to work new players into the rotation.
And Izzo and Bilas want KO to get a contract extension cause he's a great guy!

Reaction Score
I was all for KO getting the job from the start. Now i really hope this can convince Warde Manuel that Ollie is more than capable of being a head coach and running a program. This was not an easy win tonight. First game as head coach with a young and mostly inexperienced team vs Michigan St and they come out with a win. Loved how hard this team played and cant wait to watch them Tuesday

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie is ****ing trending on Twitter... Big ****ing Deal.

NOT SportsCenter@NOTSportsCenter
#DidYouKnow #UConn coach Kevin Ollie is the first coach to have played for 273 different basketball teams & win his first game as head coach

Dan@HoboWriterDK
Kevin Ollie is on pace to win 100% of his games as a head coach. Might win 1500 before he's done. UConn should probably sign him long-term.

TheUConnBlog@theuconnblog
Kevin Ollie has won a trophy every time he's coached a basketball game. Pretty good.

Troy Tutt@Troy_Tutt
The way the Uconn players huddled around Kevin Ollie after game was something I've never seen before in sports. #huskynation #runthruawall

Chris Webber@realchriswebber
Congrats to my friend Kevin Ollie on his first win at U CONN

Reaction Score
I guess when you play for that many NBA organizations, you're bound to cross paths with Chris Webber at some point.

Reaction Score
Yeah the players really love KO as you can tell by the way they huddled up behind him when he was doing the interview. They are playing their hearts out for KO.

Reaction Score
Please don't post this negative crap after every win. It was a great win and a big step toward that contract extension. Just leave it at that. We need to see how the team responds to a loss and we need to see how the team progresses over about a dozen games or so. This games does check a couple of things off:

1. Can win a big game - check
2. Can win a close game - check
3. Can get his team to play with high energy from start to finish - check
4. Can squeeze every ounce of ability out of his team - check
5. Can get his team to play great defense - check

If this young team improves as the season goes on and shows that they can bounce back from a tough deflating loss, he will get the contract extension. For all you guys know, Manuel could be anxious to get this done and is just waiting for enough games to go by so he has something to support extending Ollie. He has to sell this to the BOD and has to be able to defend it should things go south in the future.

Reaction Score
to add from Dave Telep

Dave Telep@DaveTelep

Kids like Kevin Ollie. They would like him more if UConn would remove the handcuffs and allow him to work on a level playing field.

NOT SportsCenter@NOTSportsCenter
#DidYouKnow #UConn coach Kevin Ollie is the first coach to have played for 273 different basketball teams & win his first game as head coach

Dan@HoboWriterDK
Kevin Ollie is on pace to win 100% of his games as a head coach. Might win 1500 before he's done. UConn should probably sign him long-term.

TheUConnBlog@theuconnblog
Kevin Ollie has won a trophy every time he's coached a basketball game. Pretty good.

Troy Tutt@Troy_Tutt
The way the Uconn players huddled around Kevin Ollie after game was something I've never seen before in sports. #huskynation #runthruawall

Chris Webber@realchriswebber
Congrats to my friend Kevin Ollie on his first win at U CONN

Reaction Score
Telep is not an AD for a reason. Why would I care what he says?

Think people, THINK! The contract extension will happen before the late signing period, well before. Relax and keep the dissention inciting crap to yourselves. It can't possibly help and can actually hurt.

Reaction Score
Bilas commented during the end of the game that he thought WM will have KO wrapped up to a long term deal in short time. I hope he is right as he deserves to run a program without being handicapped.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Telep is not an AD for a reason. Why would I care what he says?

Think people, THINK! The contract extension will happen before the late signing period, well before. Relax and keep the dissention inciting crap to yourselves. It can't possibly help and can actually hurt.
Funny, you're not an AD either.

People have heard what you have said. Many times. Many of us disagree with you, and those numbers are growing every day. The more you try to shove your nonsense down people's throats, the more I want to restate every reason from every thinking person who knows anything about the game. You are not among those people.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Bilas commented during the end of the game that he thought WM will have KO wrapped up to a long term deal in short time. I hope he is right as he deserves to run a program without being handicapped.
He said WM should wrap things up quickly because things will only get more expensive for him the longer he waits.

Reaction Score
He said WM should wrap things up quickly because things will only get more expensive for him the longer he waits.
Yes, but he also said later that he thought it wouldn't last that long before KO gets signed.

Reaction Score
WA-HOO!!! Hope that fat duck*k signs him before someone else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom