Warde Manuel destroyed our athletic program | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel destroyed our athletic program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is no way to quantify the amount of damage that Warde Manuel has done to our athletic program. He never took responsibility for letting a community college that is one of the dirtiest programs in college beat us for the last spot in the ACC when EVERYONE, including Louisville, acknowledged that we had already won the invitation.

He held onto pasqualoni too long, and then replaced him with a bozo that no school was even considering making a head coach. Diaco has finished off UConn football.

"Wrong" -Donald Trump

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1. This is just wrong. The caps are their to maintain teacher/student ratios and optimal learning environments. The difference between 18 and 20 is nothing (but the instructor's time). The difference between 18 and 22 is huge. Each head counts in terms of money. There are 85 football players.

2. Advising in every budget is academic, not athletic.

The caps are 100% completely arbitrary.

If the state cuts support what happens to them?

The caps go up - maybe the quality of instruction falls but the costs don't rise.

If schools cared about optimal learning experiences the NCAA wouldn't even exist.

Reaction Score
This is a stupid thread Manuel left UCONN in a better shape than he found it Diaco is his only blemish

Reaction Score
The caps are 100% completely arbitrary.

If the state cuts support what happens to them?

The caps go up - maybe the quality of instruction falls but the costs don't rise.

If schools cared about optimal learning experiences the NCAA wouldn't even exist.

No they aren't arbitrary. The caps relate to workload and type of class. Each class is staffed by different types of instructors depending on type of class and number of people. This is basic stuff. If funding is cut, either tuition is raised or else you get rid of departments, especially the expensive ones. There are no engineering department at community colleges precisely because those schools know the business end won't support them.

Reaction Score
As long as you don't count the AAC

We are always going to agree to disagree on whether it was Warde's fault, specifically, that we are still in the AAC. Neither side is going to convince the other without a smoking gun.

But, since the most important decision that was made under his tenure was the football coach, and it doesn't look like he got that right (and he really needed to get that right) - I can now personally conclude he didn't do a good job.

Reaction Score
I've said before and will say again Manuel was brought in for a single reason. We wanted someone who would be seen as a fix it guy for the APR. There was even hope in some quarters on the BOT that the NCAA would allow us back into the tourney on the basis that we hired the guy they had given an award to for fixing Buffalo's APR issues. Nothing else mattered. They would have hired The Penguin if there was a chance he could fix the APR thing.

Reaction Score
PP knew how to run a football program? Really?

Into the ground maybe.
Say what you will about p, and he was horrible here. But he recruited Cochran, Lagow, Newsome, and Noel Thomas. Show me the comparable diaco recruits? Diaco has been here longer than P, where are his recruits lighting it up?

So yeah he was a disaster and diaco may have increased vitamin D but in some ways he has been even worse.

Some posters whose opinion I respect kept defending Diaco's failures with clock management, saying it's easiest area for a coach to improve in. I was highly skeptical as this has been a problem with this coach since day 1. The premise was that it looked like Diaco looked like could build a program even if he still needed to up in his in game coaching.

At this point, it looks like Diaco is good at neither.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
He held onto pasqualoni too long said:
Remember that time when Diaco told the media that he "had been contacted about other jobs in the offseason", but never siad where, or even if they were HC jobs. It was probably DC jobs...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Say what you will about p, and he was horrible here. But he recruited Cochran, Lagow, Newsome, and Noel Thomas. Show me the comparable diaco recruits? Diaco has been here longer than P, where are his recruits lighting it up?

So yeah he was a disaster and diaco may have increased vitamin D but in some ways he has been even worse.

Some posters whose opinion I respect kept defending Diaco's failures with clock management, saying it's easiest area for a coach to improve in. I was highly skeptical as this has been a problem with this coach since day 1. The premise was that it looked like Diaco looked like could build a program even if he still needed to up in his in game coaching.

No one... I think that Donovan Williams is Diaco's big landmark recruit and that's part of the reason why he activated him.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
My worry is that Diaco is such a lousu coach that we made be asked to leave the AAC.
As far as Wart goes, he was out of here before he was here. Just waiting for a B1g offer.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
No one... I think that Donovan Williams is Diaco's big landmark recruit and that's part of the reason why he activated him.
Well, he is big. Lets hope he is a landmark and not a headstone.

Reaction Score
This is sad. one kid, who looked unsteady at best.

Some of the red shirts on the OL better be the real deal .

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This is sad. one kid, who looked unsteady at best.

Some of the red shirts on the OL better be the real deal .
Agreed. OL has been our issue for years!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

It is amazing that Diaco and crew can't figure out timeouts nor the clock.

12 years olds with XBoxes know time management inside and out.

I guess I figured if one could pull off getting this job, one could figure out when to call time out - but no dice.

Reaction Score
Having to take the timeout on 3rd and short on our first drive against Temple was such a glaring example of why things are spiraling out of control for Diaco. When people are sifting through the ashes of his coaching stint here I think his choice of assistants will stick out as a big reason for his downfall. We are stuck showing no progress with problems that have been apparent for his entire tenure. His offensive staff struggles with the pace of the game and now the defense is unable to stop the pass in a passing conference. Bob can't do it all, isn't qualified on the offensive side and he did not create a staff to upgrade the level of play when compared to our opponents.

Reaction Score
It is amazing that Diaco and crew can't figure out timeouts nor the clock.

12 years olds with XBoxes know time management inside and out.

I guess I figured if one could pull off getting this job, one could figure out when to call time out - but no dice.
There are clock issues, and then there is whatever the hell is going with this guy. The first year I really believed it was about teaching the kids in a throwaway season. By year 2, it was apparent it was a coaching deficiency, by the Maine game this year it just seemed he was lost and not learning. It defies logic. it's not just timeouts, it's every conceivable aspect of clock management. Not knowing when to spike the ball or getting off a quick snap before a play is reviewed.
It defies logic that someone could be bad in all areas of the clock but we managed to find the needle in the haystack of coaches who is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom