Warde is conspicuously quiet | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Warde is conspicuously quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yeah, and each of those fifteen is a better football mind than the ten professional coaches who have combined decades of experience (and a couple who put some time in on NFL teams).

The boneyard can be amazing at times. Someone wins a game on Madden and thinks he's Vince Lombardi.

Did I ever say I'd rather have Boneyarders coach football?

Just pointing out the notion that a university president and basketball coach giving their vote of confidence for a football coach doesn't mean a thing to me.

Reaction Score
I think Michigan is thinking bigger than Warde Manuel. They'll probably get some lawyer from Chicago or Indianapolis a la Notre Dame.
Bigger than Warde? You mean like Vince Wilfork big?

Reaction Score
Yeah, and each of those fifteen is a better football mind than the ten professional coaches who have combined decades of experience (and a couple who put some time in on NFL teams).

The boneyard can be amazing at times. Someone wins a game on Madden and thinks he's Vince Lombardi.

No he said they were better than Calhoun and Herbst. Relax, might be one of them.

Reaction Score
Ms.Herbst asked HCBD to stop by her office (during the bye week) to give him a pep talk. She also spoke recently to Jim Calhoun who advised her that it will take time to turn the tide and to be patient with the program and coach. As long as the Prez has BD's back (and she does) he isn't going anywhere.

That's so loving and novel! Maybe we can start the team on estrogen in addition to the Vitamin d.

Reaction Score
This is a true story?

Yes, and Geno also stooped by Bob's office. They'd been talking about exchanging shrimp scampi recipes for ages. Geno chided Bob and said that our offense probably couldn't even score if they lined up against Geno's girls.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Holy crap.

I guess Nassib should be taking 5-10 snaps a game because he's the next guy if Eli goes down.

All these years, it's been done wrong. Who'd a thunk it?

Lmao. I've had the same thought all season.

I can't tell if it's more ridiculous that he does the QB swap to "prepare" the back up in the first place or the fact that he leaves the backup in for one series and that's supposed to be enough?

Reaction Score
No win situation by commenting one way or the other. Best move is to stay silent and keep about your business. Coming out will get media all worked up again about the time of his voice, the look in his eyes etc. Everything will be over analyzed by fans and of course this board alike.

Smart move by warde to keep his mouth shut. I am sure herbst is perfectly happy with that too. Get fundraising and allow diaco time to do what he is gonna do. I will be shocked if he says anything between now and end of SMU game

Reaction Score
I agree with whaler in that it all adds up fine if you consider the possibility that Boyle isn't the future.

Boyle is more the future than Whitmer is. If he isn't the starter then he will be the backup. I would rather go into next season with an experienced back up than invest this time into a dead end (sorry Chandler).

Reaction Score

I'm not trying to be a wiseass (ok maybe I am a little), but was this your policy the last 3 years under the P regime? That Boneyarders can't question the coach because we're not coaching professionals?

Or does this policy only apply to coaches whom you personally support?

Reaction Score
All due respect to Herbst and Calhoun as a university president and a hall of fame basketball coach, but when it comes to UConn football there's 15 guys on here I'd rather give input then either of them.

I'm not going to suggest that JC knows anything about football Xs and Os, but I would imagine from where he sits he would have a pretty good idea if Diaco and his staff have their snow together.

Reaction Score
Wonder where his head's at with his signature hire.

I get that you're basking in the glow of calling P correctly after three games, but there's nothing conspicuous about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom