Ward | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Look what other programs are doing we are the big time compared to them, Rutgers upgraded their facilities and look at them same with Louisville.

I love our practice facility no doubt one of the best but at the same time look where our hockey team plays, then you got to look at Gampel being outdated. Two birds one stone

Spend three seconds not being stupid.

If you'd been paying any sort of attention, you'd know where we stand regarding a facility for our (nearly brand-new) hockey program and the plans for Gampel. If you want a new hoop/hockey building, please advise the state that you're no longer interested in playing games in Hartford and also that you'd like $100,000,000 for a new project you've been pondering.

Also, Rutgers' hoop facility sucks ass and is not being replaced and the Yum Center is a rolling bankruptcy waiting to happen.

And for f---'s sake, learn how to spell the man's name.

Reaction Score
From what I recall, the AAU thing is a PITA. The B1G requires it, supposedly, and UConn is unlikely to meet the requirements for entrance any time soon due to the research budget of the Medical Center not being included with the main campus. If all of that is still true, the fastest way to a solution is to lobby the AAU folks to count the med center research funding.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have to believe that building a top flight 4,500-5000 seat hockey facility is more cost effective than building that a big multi-purpose facility. I also have to believe that right sized hockey area would produce a better vibe than playing in a multi-purpose facility with 8,000 empty seats. We always have XL if there are high demand games.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
From what I recall, the AAU thing is a PITA.

From what I can tell, the AAU and the Big Ten are both equally high hurdles for us.

I don't think an invite to the AAU is on the horizon.

Reaction Score
From what I can tell, the AAU and the Big Ten are both equally high hurdles for us.

I don't think an invite to the AAU is on the horizon.
But is the main hurdle still the size of the research budget? If so, it would be damn near impossible to increase the research budget of the main campus enough to get above their minimum. A very difficult but not impossible approach would be to get them to modify their methodology so we can count the med center.

Reaction Score
So why hasn't he knocked it down and built a better one? Get with the program!

I'm with you all the way. Warde is sitting on billions of Dollars, he should really get going on building these arenas. And, there will be a ton left over. Ok, I know you were just being silly! Right!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Compared to you I guess he doesn't care my guess you think he's doing a superb job. I can bring some ice if you want seeing as you are butt hurt...

Whenever someone uses the phrase "butt hurt" in an internet fight, it means they've lost the dispute.

Reaction Score
Since we are wishful thinking, I would like to see the Huskies play North Dakota in Hockey and Minnesota in Basketball. It would be nice to travel less than 500 miles to see a game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
But is the main hurdle still the size of the research budget? If so, it would be damn near impossible to increase the research budget of the main campus enough to get above their minimum. A very difficult but not impossible approach would be to get them to modify their methodology so we can count the med center.

It goes beyond that - there are a number of criteria which might lead to an invitation and we lag in nearly all of them.

It's far outside any area of expertise that I might have, but I read through the qualifications some time back and came away with a hopeless feeling. It's like football and realignment - we got serious about it 20 years too late.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm an unabashed Big 10 optimist but admit we still have a TON of work to do. The $1.5B from the state to expand research was a great start. Partnering up with AAU juggernauts like Wisconsin and Yale is another step. Hiring more faculty to increase the student body (to increase the alumni base...err..donations) is another. We obviously won't be able to reap the benefits of all of this research expansion until the building are actually up and operational...like the Death Star.

We're moving in the right direction and with football back in an upward cycle, we need to support it to show how united (and strong) our fanbase is. There is nothing more Warde can do now from an athletic standpoint - we need to support all sports and the school. The rest of this stuff will sort out down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom