Wally Szczerbiak picks us as a Final Four Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wally Szczerbiak picks us as a Final Four Team

Reaction Score
And Bilas said the team is the most likely 7 to lose to a 10.
That remark from Bilas, made with no backup, ruined Bracketology for me. After five years in the wilderness, I am fragile.

Reaction Score
Trying to be as objective as possible, I feel like it could be feast or famine with us. I mean would any of us be that surprised if we make a run to the Elite 8 or Final Four while knocking off Alabama, FSU, Texas, or Michigan to get there? At the same time, would anybody be that surprised if we lost a tough one to MD? But, that's the NCAA Tournament. Everybody is there for a reason. Every team is good, and you have to worry about everybody.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
It’s weird behind Ryan Holland’s saying UConn like that. He’s one of the most annoying characters on TV
When he said "UConn" I suddenly thought Jim Mora saying "Playoffs?"

Reaction Score
Bilas is simply wrong about UConn being the most likely 7 to lose.

Clemson & Florida seem more likely 7's to lose than UConn. I think Rutgers beats Clemson & Va Tech beats Fla.

MD can beat UConn of course but less likely than Clemson / Fla losing imo.
rutgers is ranked ahead of clemson in kenpom. wouldnt even consider it an upset. bilas is dead to me.

Reaction Score
Trying to be as objective as possible, I feel like it could be feast or famine with us. I mean would any of us be that surprised if we make a run to the Elite 8 or Final Four while knocking off Alabama, FSU, Texas, or Michigan to get there? At the same time, would anybody be that surprised if we lost a tough one to MD? But, that's the NCAA Tournament. Everybody is there for a reason. Every team is good, and you have to worry about everybody.
Amen. Hopefully the team learned the win over DePaul was fool's gold and just because you easily beat one team doesn't guarantee the outcome of the next game.
I thought it was telling when one of the Creighton players said they were keyed up because of all the sentiment about how UConn was going to win the Big East.

Reaction Score
That's cool that someone in the media would pick UConn to get to the Final Four.

I'll tell my Wally Szczerbiak story here since I love telling this. So I'm at a Red Sox game in 2006 and there's a guy sitting next to me so we start talking. He asked me what it was like when the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004. Said he was a Pirates fan but lived on Long Island and had to deal with all the Mets fans. He asked me if I ever went to Celtics games and I said I did even though they stink. He says, "My son is on the team," and points 2 seats to the right of him. It was Wally's father and he was with his 2 sons. What a jerk I felt like and my family was merciless on me during the ride home. I said what do I care, I'll never see them again in my life.

Fast forward 2 years later and I'm at a Celtics playoff game, the 2nd round opener against the Cavs. All of a sudden Wally's father, mother and brother come into my row and sit right next to me. Wally was on the Cavs that season (think he got traded there mid-season). Wally's father looks at me and remembers that we met at the Red Sox game. I'm thinking to myself, "You've got to be kidding me." Neither of us brought up my comment and hopefully he just forgot about it.
LOLOLOLOL. I am sorry this way too funny

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I learned over the years not to pay attention. Just let it unfold if it is to be. Not getting hyped over predictions. Let the players decide. Like Vince Vaughn said in Dodgeball. " I don't have any goals, that way I am never disappointed, and it feels great !!" Something like that.

Reaction Score
Bilas loves the ACC .Wouldn't be the first time a UConn Tournament team has made him eat his words.

Based on past history it will probably take a few more March Ws for him to come around.

Reaction Score
Bilas hates the ACC and especially FSU...and FSU boards hate him...

Headline on Warchant thread..

Did FSU steal Bilas’ girlfriend?​

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That's cool that someone in the media would pick UConn to get to the Final Four.

I'll tell my Wally Szczerbiak story here since I love telling this. So I'm at a Red Sox game in 2006 and there's a guy sitting next to me so we start talking. He asked me what it was like when the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004. Said he was a Pirates fan but lived on Long Island and had to deal with all the Mets fans. He asked me if I ever went to Celtics games and I said I did even though they stink. He says, "My son is on the team," and points 2 seats to the right of him. It was Wally's father and he was with his 2 sons. What a jerk I felt like and my family was merciless on me during the ride home. I said what do I care, I'll never see them again in my life.

Fast forward 2 years later and I'm at a Celtics playoff game, the 2nd round opener against the Cavs. All of a sudden Wally's father, mother and brother come into my row and sit right next to me. Wally was on the Cavs that season (think he got traded there mid-season). Wally's father looks at me and remembers that we met at the Red Sox game. I'm thinking to myself, "You've got to be kidding me." Neither of us brought up my comment and hopefully he just forgot about it.

They did stink

Reaction Score
Good lord, Ryan Holland is the absolute worst

Ryan Hollins: WhAt?

Everyone when they hear Ryan Hollins name:
Who Is This GIF

Reaction Score
As an avid Knicks fan (Wally is the studio guy on MSG Network and the backup color guy for Clyde) I can tell you Wally is an idiot. He has some really terrible takes and observations but hopefully he's correct here!

Reaction Score
UConn is a great choice if you want to be a contrarian. We have everything needed to get to the FF except consistency. We are playing well and becoming more consistent day by day. This pick also coincides with the brand making a comeback. The subconscious mind of all basketball fans knows UConn is a lot like Duke in March. We are there at the end an awful lot. The name on the jersey still scares people.

Reaction Score
I don't have extreme confidence in this team because we can look very dominant in spurts yet have shooters go cold for long stretches. Off nights can happen and just did vs Creighton.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't have extreme confidence in this team because we can look very dominant in spurts yet have shooters go cold for long stretches. Off nights can happen and just did vs Creighton.
Turn that frown upside down, jibsey! Yes, our shooting can go cold but our D makes up for it. We won't 40% from the lay-up line again.

Reaction Score
Turn that frown upside down, jibsey! Yes, our shooting can go cold but our D makes up for it. We won't 40% from the lay-up line again.
Agree on the D. We defended them well. If we hit shots we can be great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom