Wally Szczerbiak picks us as a Final Four Team | The Boneyard

Wally Szczerbiak picks us as a Final Four Team

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yeah during halftime last weekend vs Gtown, he said that if UConn plays like that they are a lock for the second weekend. He was impressed with beat down of Gtown.

Reaction Score
Gamestop Gme GIF by GIPHY News

Reaction Score
That's cool that someone in the media would pick UConn to get to the Final Four.

I'll tell my Wally Szczerbiak story here since I love telling this. So I'm at a Red Sox game in 2006 and there's a guy sitting next to me so we start talking. He asked me what it was like when the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004. Said he was a Pirates fan but lived on Long Island and had to deal with all the Mets fans. He asked me if I ever went to Celtics games and I said I did even though they stink. He says, "My son is on the team," and points 2 seats to the right of him. It was Wally's father and he was with his 2 sons. What a jerk I felt like and my family was merciless on me during the ride home. I said what do I care, I'll never see them again in my life.

Fast forward 2 years later and I'm at a Celtics playoff game, the 2nd round opener against the Cavs. All of a sudden Wally's father, mother and brother come into my row and sit right next to me. Wally was on the Cavs that season (think he got traded there mid-season). Wally's father looks at me and remembers that we met at the Red Sox game. I'm thinking to myself, "You've got to be kidding me." Neither of us brought up my comment and hopefully he just forgot about it.

Reaction Score
Someone on reddit has been simulating every bracketology prediction from Lunardi. For the most part the champion has been relatively predictable- Zags, Illinois, Baylor, sometimes a lower seed like Arkansas gets picked to win it..

Dude simmed the final bracket today- UConn. The hype is real

Reaction Score
Wally, I love your enthusiasm my friend. Thank you for the shout out and confidence. I hope we can prove you worthy of your musings. Maryland first, next game second.

Reaction Score
Szczerbiak was part of one of the best AAU teams I ever watched, Riverside Church with Elton Brand, Ron Artest, Bootsy Thorton, and Vasco Evtimov who was actually the star of that team and never made a ncaa impact at North Carolina. Evtimov rivals Ajou Deng as greatest shortfall from my expectations. A couple other St Johns players from the Artest years were also part of that team. Eric Barkley I think as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wally been watching us alot on FS1. I think if we play good D and hit our 3s, we got as good a chance to get to final 4 as any team. I don't think there is any team that can overwhelm us in this tournament.

Reaction Score
Wally also said before he picked UConn to the Final 4 that Alabama was the biggest threat to Gonzaga winning it all.

I like Wally picking UConn but wonder if he realized Bama would be our 2nd game if beat MD.

Reaction Score
And Bilas said the team is the most likely 7 to lose to a 10.
Bilas is simply wrong about UConn being the most likely 7 to lose.

Clemson & Florida seem more likely 7's to lose than UConn. I think Rutgers beats Clemson & Va Tech beats Fla.

MD can beat UConn of course but less likely than Clemson / Fla losing imo.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom