Walkers father asks the hard questions. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Walkers father asks the hard questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My question is how was the ND Hoops poster made privy to the questions he claims Mr Walker asked of the top three schools on his daughter's list. Count me as skeptical.
I posted where i got it from when i posted it. N.D. Hoops Recruits,com. Its also on her twitter and other places as well. Someone from U Conn posted it as well but i missed it because there were 30 pages of comments. I dont post anything that isn't legit.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As a father I would go over the strengths and weaknesses. And then let the kid decide based on the kids desire and comfort level. My kids weren't athletes, but excellent students with great college choices. Ultimately only one went to the school I personally favored. But when the kid has nothing but good options, at the decision point get out of the way. My boys were very happy with their choices and flourished.
Good for you dad.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Of course, the Dad could be asking Geno that question to test him, to confirm what he's heard Geno would say.
That's pretty cynical.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Frankly the answer from Texas would be fair to middlin'. The answer from ND was IF WE GET THE #2 (and can you help us in that), working together would be no problem since Muffet plays her frosh a lot early. As for Geno's answer, MilfordHusky sounds like he has the best of it. As a dad, who would you push for?
Are you suggesting the Texas's 2018 recruiting class is fair to middling? Did you know they picked up a commitment from Sedona Prince last week?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Are you suggesting the Texas's 2018 recruiting class is fair to middling? Did you know they picked up a commitment from Sedona Prince last week?
Frankly, fair to middlin' as I've always known in understated southern and southwest speak is pretty darn good. Also I've always thought Karen Aston to be a better coach than Mulkey.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
I dont like this for UConn's sake... but maybe MKW is a lot smarter than the ones that verbal then tansfer once on campus
Clearly if it were just kinesiology, championships, and becoming the best forward she can be that were the only considerations she'd of signed on to the The UConn yesterday. Obviously there is more to her thought processes such as playing time, chemistry, campus, travel for her parents, expectations and I'd assume many other factors. No, it doesn't look so good, I'd honestly be surprised if Storrs was her final choice. This feels more and more to me like Texas. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
To be honest I'm over all of this. It's not like the uconn basketball program will fall to pieces if we don't land her!! I say let her go to Texas or Notre Dame and focus on the 2018 class which is loaded. I believe we will score a awesome recruiting class the following year!! Everyone thinks that Megan Walker is the next maya Moore... It's going to be a very very long time till we see a player like maya or Stewie. Megan is good but I don't see us losing her going to make or break our program. In my opinion she won't win at Texas I don't care what anyone says!! Notre Dame has a better shot in my opinion. Muffet has proven that. Texas is overrated and haven't proven they can even get by Baylor. To me it seems like Megan isn't really uconn material not that she isn't a lovely young women. I just think she's about being the star and being the one to start right away. Kids now comming up are more about themselves then the typical team player. GENO has said many times recruiting and the kids are completely different now and more difficult. Not to mention the parents. If Megan hasnt committed yet uconn has no chance. Kids who want to come to uconn committ right away... She's not coming I say GENO move on and look towards the next class. This is nothing more then social media game. Megan and her family know the decision and I'm sure GENO does to. She's not coming to uconn and Its time to move on!!! Uconn will be fine... We are already fine... There is no coaching staff in the country that comes close to uconn's enough said!!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
To be honest I'm over all of this. It's not like the uconn basketball program will fall to pieces if we land her!! I say let her go to Texas or Notre Dame and focus on the 2018 class which is loaded. I believe we will score a awesome recruiting class the following year!! Everyone thinks that Megan Walker is the next maya Moore... It's going to be a very very long time till we see a player like maya or Stewie. Megan is good but I don't see us losing her going to make or break our program. In my opinion she won't win at Texas I don't care what anyone says!! Notre Dame has a better shot in my opinion. Muffet has proven that. Texas is overrated and haven't proven they can even get by Baylor. To me it seems like Megan isn't really uconn material not that she isn't a lovely young women. I just think she's about being the star and being the one to start right away. Kids now comming up are more about themselves then the typical team player. GENO has said many times recruiting and the kids are completely different now and more difficult. Not to mention the parents. If Megan hasnt committed yet uconn has no chance. Kids who want to come to uconn committ right away... She's not coming I say GENO move on and look towards the next class. This is nothing more then social media game. Megan and her family know the decision and I'm sure GENO does to. She's not coming to uconn and Its time to move on!!! Uconn will be fine... We are already fine... There is no coaching staff in the country that comes close to uconn's enough said!!!
first, Id like to say thanks for the lengthy post... "Im over all of this" should have been your only sentence but you just couldn't resist.

and I'll pass this on to Mr Auriemma, enjoy the rest of your night

Reaction Score
first, Id like to say thanks for the lengthy post... "Im over all of this" should have been your only sentence but you just couldn't resist.

and I'll pass this on to Mr Auriemma, enjoy the rest of your night
Please do!!! And don't worry I will enjoy my night!!! Truth hurts!!!

Reaction Score
The last time I remember papa driving the bus Brittany Hunter was involved. Head bang
I thought that was her Uncle who pushed her to Duke and cut UConn to ribbons in the process.

I met him (the Uncle) at Ted's on Senior Night; Dressed to the 9's, looking down his nose at everyone (well, it WAS Ted's) tried to swipe my table when I turned to greet someone and acted like it was an honest mistake (my hat, coat, food, and drink were at the table). By all reports, and unpleasant person.

Regardless, point taken. Overly-involved Family/Posse/Cadre have turned UConn away from recruits in the past (per Geno in an interview).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Please do!!! And don't worry I will enjoy my night!!! Truth hurts!!!
Truth???

55652903.jpg

Reaction Score
I thought that was her Uncle who pushed her to Duke and cut UConn to ribbons in the process.

I met him (the Uncle) at Ted's on Senior Night; Dressed to the 9's, looking down his nose at everyone (well, it WAS Ted's) tried to swipe my table when I turned to greet someone and acted like it was an honest mistake (my hat, coat, food, and drink were at the table). By all reports, and unpleasant person.

Regardless, point taken. Overly-involved Family/Posse/Cadre have turned UConn away from recruits in the past (per Geno in an interview).

LOL this is soooo funny. one of those kinda guys. i dont know why but i cant stop laughing at this. i think its your wording. cut uconn to ribbons, turned to greet someone, honest mistake, dressed to the 9's, looking down his nose at everyone, and by all reports an unpleasant person. i havent laughed like that in at least 5 to 10 years. i guess im a little younger so those words make it more funny. perfectly worded just funny.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To be honest I'm over all of this. It's not like the uconn basketball program will fall to pieces if we don't land her!! I say let her go to Texas or Notre Dame and focus on the 2018 class which is loaded. I believe we will score a awesome recruiting class the following year!! Everyone thinks that Megan Walker is the next maya Moore... It's going to be a very very long time till we see a player like maya or Stewie. Megan is good but I don't see us losing her going to make or break our program. In my opinion she won't win at Texas I don't care what anyone says!! Notre Dame has a better shot in my opinion. Muffet has proven that. Texas is overrated and haven't proven they can even get by Baylor. To me it seems like Megan isn't really uconn material not that she isn't a lovely young women. I just think she's about being the star and being the one to start right away. Kids now comming up are more about themselves then the typical team player. GENO has said many times recruiting and the kids are completely different now and more difficult. Not to mention the parents. If Megan hasnt committed yet uconn has no chance. Kids who want to come to uconn committ right away... She's not coming I say GENO move on and look towards the next class. This is nothing more then social media game. Megan and her family know the decision and I'm sure GENO does to. She's not coming to uconn and Its time to move on!!! Uconn will be fine... We are already fine... There is no coaching staff in the country that comes close to uconn's enough said!!!
Paragraphs would be your friend if you'd like to get your points across.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Megan's father sounds like a good guy who is trying to help Megan make a good decision. Hopefully, he is not pushy. I think his questions are legit, at least if there is no sense of entitlement behind them. I'm sure that Geno said nothing would be given to Megan, but if she works at it, she could get major minutes, win championships, be a NPOY candidate, be a possible #1 pick, and play in the Olympics. It is no stretch to see her following the path of several Huskies before her. She can have her number hung alongside some of the best who have ever played.
I agree. These questions, in my experience, are pretty routine. There is always a discussion of depth because that helps to answer the question, why is this school recruiting me? There is always a question about who else are you looking at that plays my position? There is always a question about "style" of play and how that match up to my skill set. If you go back and look at the article from Kyla's visit you will see some of the same questions except it was Kyla asking the questions if I remember right. Of course "tone" is everything & pushy would not cut it with Geno but Megan's father would be irresponsible not to ask these question.

Reaction Score

I have read all your posts since the beginning. Are you a Notre Dame fan in disguise by any chance? It is ridiculous from your first post to now, you always pointed Megan to ND and said UConn has no chance.

Other posters have notice that and had called you out. You disappeared for a while thinking people have forgotten, but here you are again, all of your posts are about Megan and ND. Very easy to spot your particular interest and ND is the favorite. Please!

Reaction Score
I think that is fairly accurate. Megan says that UConn was the only school she visited until recently. Obviously, there are other programs and campuses that have appeal. That appeal seems to have her conflicted--surprisingly. In some ways, she doesn't seem close to making a decision. She needs to sit down and think about what is important to her. Hopefully, the confusion will dissipate.

If she is conflicted/confused at this point--she really isn't a Uconn type kid--Uconn is the kind of place you need to really really want to play the game--because, Geno rarely lies to players (doubt he ever has) about the work they'll have to do to play lots of PT. He'll tell them he'll assist them in being the best they can be but it they who must put in the effort. I doubt she has much confusion about what Geno expect from her.
I would like to have a player of Walkers caliber at Uconn but she has to know Uconn won't (at least initially) be the meghan Walker show.

Reaction Score
Paragraphs would be your friend if you'd like to get your points across.
Paragraphs are needed if you have a change in subject---the subject here appears to be Uconn does not stand a chance and Meghan will go to ND. Who needs paragraphs to make that come across?

Reaction Score
I don't appreciate the attack. Just because I have a opinion doesn't mean I need to be corrected or comented about. I'm a human being who doesn't derserve it. I have never come on this board and said anything negetive about a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom