Walkers father asks the hard questions. | The Boneyard

Walkers father asks the hard questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I read a article on N.D. Hoops recruits posted yesterday that said he asked all 3 final schools a question. To Texas it was how was their recruiting for 2018 going.? For U Conn it was where would Megan be at on the depth chart? And for Notre Dame it was how they see the #1 and #2 players together on the same team? Sure would like to know the answers to his questions.

Reaction Score
Speculations that mods can delete:

1. Judging from the nature of the 3 questions, ND has the highest probability to land Walker.

2. Geno would not like to answer the question.

Reaction Score
The last time I remember papa driving the bus Brittany Hunter was involved. Head bang
I was gonna say Diamond DeShields. Geno generally doesn't recruit kids whose parents are going to be a pain. I wonder how Geno responded when asked about where Megan fit in on the depth chart. That's an indirect way of asking about playing time something Geno will never guarantee no matter who you are or what hype surrounds you as a recruit.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Megan's father sounds like a good guy who is trying to help Megan make a good decision. Hopefully, he is not pushy. I think his questions are legit, at least if there is no sense of entitlement behind them. I'm sure that Geno said nothing would be given to Megan, but if she works at it, she could get major minutes, win championships, be a NPOY candidate, be a possible #1 pick, and play in the Olympics. It is no stretch to see her following the path of several Huskies before her. She can have her number hung alongside some of the best who have ever played.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After all the contact he has had with the UConn coaching staff he would have learned the answer to that very early in the process.
The earlier contacts may have been between Megan and the staff. Her father might have gotten involved only more recently.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

1. Judging from the nature of the 3 questions, ND has the highest probability to land Walker.

Frankly the answer from Texas would be fair to middlin'. The answer from ND was IF WE GET THE #2 (and can you help us in that), working together would be no problem since Muffet plays her frosh a lot early. As for Geno's answer, MilfordHusky sounds like he has the best of it. As a dad, who would you push for?

Reaction Score

Im sorry i dont know how to post things on here but the article to me makes it sound like U Conn was really the only school she looked at for a long time then after seeing Texas and N.D. it opened up her mind a little more and she said she is really struggling to make a choice. But it did seem like she was all for U Conn until a few weeks ago and now its up in the air.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Frankly the answer from Texas would be fair to middlin'. The answer from ND was IF WE GET THE #2 (and can you help us in that), working together would be no problem since Muffet plays her frosh a lot early. As for Geno's answer, MilfordHusky sounds like he has the best of it. As a dad, who would you push for?
As a father I would go over the strengths and weaknesses. And then let the kid decide based on the kids desire and comfort level. My kids weren't athletes, but excellent students with great college choices. Ultimately only one went to the school I personally favored. But when the kid has nothing but good options, at the decision point get out of the way. My boys were very happy with their choices and flourished.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
ND is the best school academically, but UConn has the best kinesiology program, which appears to be what Megan wants to study. Geno and Chris will prepare her for success as well as any professors. UConn will be the hardest for Megan but the most rewarding in the long run. She has major basketball potential that should be realized. If she were my daughter, I'd want her to be coached by the very best. She could join a family that includes Kathy Auriemma, Sue Bird, Breanna Stewart, Maya Moore, et al.

Reaction Score

(1) Wasn't that the reason for the posting?? Geno's answer---in the depth--she is in over her head--when daddy asks 3 different questions

Reaction Score
I was gonna say Diamond DeShields. Geno generally doesn't recruit kids whose parents are going to be a pain. I wonder how Geno responded when asked about where Megan fit in on the depth chart. That's an indirect way of asking about playing time something Geno will never guarantee no matter who you are or what hype surrounds you as a recruit.

Definitely not the question to ask Geno.

That question even made me cringe.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Megan's father sounds like a good guy who is trying to help Megan make a good decision. Hopefully, he is not pushy. I think his questions are legit, at least if there is no sense of entitlement behind them. I'm sure that Geno said nothing would be given to Megan, but if she works at it, she could get major minutes, win championships, be a NPOY candidate, be a possible #1 pick, and play in the Olympics. It is no stretch to see her following the path of several Huskies before her. She can have her number hung alongside some of the best who have ever played.

As much as this is an appealing argument, I'm reminded of the old hackneyed line about the nifty boat, car or plain someone is riding in owned by an acquaintance and the someone asks: How much does something like this cost? Answer: " If you gotta ask, you can't afford it." I would think Meghan would like to crawl under the desk with that question laid out there. If I were Geno I would have looked Megan straight in the eye and said: "Is that a genuine concern of yours?" Then dad would have popped Geno on the nose and we wouldn't be having this discussion!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Im sorry i dont know how to post things on here but the article to me makes it sound like U Conn was really the only school she looked at for a long time then after seeing Texas and N.D. it opened up her mind a little more and she said she is really struggling to make a choice. But it did seem like she was all for U Conn until a few weeks ago and now its up in the air.
I think that is fairly accurate. Megan says that UConn was the only school she visited until recently. Obviously, there are other programs and campuses that have appeal. That appeal seems to have her conflicted--surprisingly. In some ways, she doesn't seem close to making a decision. She needs to sit down and think about what is important to her. Hopefully, the confusion will dissipate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom