Walker UConn Official Visit? | The Boneyard

Walker UConn Official Visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was posted yesterday that Walker will take all over official visits and make her decision at the end of September.
Do we know when she plans on visiting Storrs for her official?

Reaction Score
I know a lot of times UConn schedules official visits in coordination with First Night. I guess she will be coming in late August or September?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Where was that posted? Megan made that statement in early April. Has she reiterated it?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
JMO but I gotta think that with the transfers that it has to be very positive for Walker. UConn has some terrific players, and with Genos magic Walker could become a NC. I dont see that with her going to another team. UConn will be big, athletic, and deep with terrific guard play. Walker can to some very special things playing along side her team mates at UConn. I dont care what opponents think, UConn is UConn and they are built to win NCs and more importantly they have and do and will. No other team can say that. The big 3 just graduated and now we are back with another core of Big 3 and maybe Big 4. Hey Geno didnt recruit all these kids, they decided to transfer. That tells you something about Geno and UConn point on recruiting for kids who dont come to UConn that Geno recruits hard. Some dont come because they dont think they can make it at UConn. Well there are 2 types of people....Those who think they can and those who think they cant and theyre both right.

Reaction Score
Tonyc-I hope you are correct. I think if we added Walker, we would be in the mix to win a many more NC!

Reaction Score
JMO but I gotta think that with the transfers that it has to be very positive for Walker. UConn has some terrific players, and with Genos magic Walker could become a NC. I dont see that with her going to another team. UConn will be big, athletic, and deep with terrific guard play. Walker can to some very special things playing along side her team mates at UConn. I dont care what opponents think, UConn is UConn and they are built to win NCs and more importantly they have and do and will. No other team can say that. The big 3 just graduated and now we are back with another core of Big 3 and maybe Big 4. Hey Geno didnt recruit all these kids, they decided to transfer. That tells you something about Geno and UConn point on recruiting for kids who dont come to UConn that Geno recruits hard. Some dont come because they dont think they can make it at UConn. Well there are 2 types of people....Those who think they can and those who think they cant and theyre both right.

I agree with this, those who think UConn is going to fall off the map after the loss of Stewart/Tuck/Mo are wishful thinkers. The returning core of Nurse, Gabby, KLS, Collier is a group I would go into battle with any day of the week. They have never lost a post-season game, if Geno can get Walker he have another NC run.

Reaction Score
Yeah....what he said!:cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
May 25th "No changes with top 2017 prospect Megan Walker; she's still planning on taking all her visits before making choice."

LINK
Thanks. It's hard to say if that is update info or refers back to early April, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Media and others have a tendency to pick up old stories. Megan's last public announcement was in early April.

It would be clearer if someone said, "I talked to Megan on May 25 and she reiterated that she plans 4 visits in the fall before deciding." No one has been anywhere near that specific.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks. It's hard to say if that is update info or refers back to early April, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Media and others have a tendency to pick up old stories. Megan's last public announcement was in early April.

It would be clearer if someone said, "I talked to Megan on May 25 and she reiterated that she plans 4 visits in the fall before deciding." No one has been anywhere near that specific.
How about this one from May 25th: "Just to spoke to @MonacanGBB Megan Walker @iball_crzy and she told me that she will choose the college she will go to at the end of Sept."

LINK

Reaction Score

MW retweeted those quotes from the other day so I would say they are recent and legit

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I agree with this, those who think UConn is going to fall off the map after the loss of Stewart/Tuck/Mo are wishful thinkers. The returning core of Nurse, Gabby, KLS, Collier is a group I would go into battle with any day of the week. They have never lost a post-season game, if Geno can get Walker he have another NC run.
Even without Walker. Four more in a row would not be a big surprise.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Shes a winner and this season may have alot to say with UConn and ND competing for the NC. JMO folks but with the 2 new transfers I have a feeling that Walker who is a winner is going to choose UConn because UConn is gonna win a few more NCs over the next 4 years and as UConn has proven they can do it with their star players or without like they did this season with Katie Lou sitting in the NC game or when Bria KML and I forgot who else a couple of years ago when UConn rolled over 5 top ranked teams on the road. Its about playing as a team and when you depend on one star and that star has an off night or wont share the ball then the team in most cases will loose. UConn depends on unselfishness, team execution and alot on defense and thats why they are so dominate.

Reaction Score
Shes a winner and this season may have alot to say with UConn and ND competing for the NC. JMO folks but with the 2 new transfers I have a feeling that Walker who is a winner is going to choose UConn because UConn is gonna win a few more NCs over the next 4 years and as UConn has proven they can do it with their star players or without like they did this season with Katie Lou sitting in the NC game or when Bria KML and I forgot who else a couple of years ago when UConn rolled over 5 top ranked teams on the road. Its about playing as a team and when you depend on one star and that star has an off night or wont share the ball then the team in most cases will loose. UConn depends on unselfishness, team execution and alot on defense and thats why they are so dominate.

Goodness; I love your enthusiasm, Tony. Recent posts have been full of good news, recruits acquired and those likely to be. Frankly, my head is swimming. Aside from raising the expectations bar for UConn, I am now challenged to live long enough to see these young ladies hoist many more NC trophies overhead. It's almost too much to absorb. Hope Coach is as excited about what's coming as we seem to be. Bring it on!

Reaction Score
Is the bar now so high that expectations will be dashed with anything less than consecutive championships? Surely that's a recipe for mere satisfaction at best, and disappointment at worst. Didn't most of us sign on to this team out a love for great basketball, regardless of outcome? Winning is fun, but it's the way the team meshes, plays crushing defense and opportunistic offense with elan and confidence, but never arrogance, that floats our boats. So long as Geno coaches, I think we'll get that. Sometimes it will be a national championship and sometimes not. But he will never give his university less than his very best and his team's very best. No one player is going to change that fundamentally--not even Dee, Maya, or Stewie--and no player who has yet to commit, much less play a minute for UConn, has done anything that deserves putting such terrible burdens of expectations on her. Just my opinion.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Is the bar now so high that expectations will be dashed with anything less than consecutive championships? Surely that's a recipe for mere satisfaction at best, and disappointment at worst. Didn't most of us sign on to this team out a love for great basketball, regardless of outcome? Winning is fun, but it's the way the team meshes, plays crushing defense and opportunistic offense with elan and confidence, but never arrogance, that floats our boats. So long as Geno coaches, I think we'll get that. Sometimes it will be a national championship and sometimes not. But he will never give his university less than his very best and his team's very best. No one player is going to change that fundamentally--not even Dee, Maya, or Stewie--and no player who has yet to commit, much less play a minute for UConn, has done anything that deserves putting such terrible burdens of expectations on her. Just my opinion.
I signed up for undefeated seasons and DOMINATION! Second place is for losers! :cool:

The agony of defeat is very real for me with this team, but I agree, the joy of watching these young women develop and compete is the real pleasure. I can handle (just barely) a week of depression when the team is not victorious in it's last appearance of the season - when it is to TN (a long distant memory) or to ND (to damn recent!) it sometime stretches into ten days and we need to call in the professionals for resuscitation.:(

Reaction Score

Well written and thoughtful, Bags. You're exactly right in suggesting that the joy of watching Husky basketball is NOT realized only with winning NCs. As Geno would say, "if we're fortunate enough to win one" (or more), etc. BUT because Coach is confident as well as humble, he also says that if the players and coaches do their jobs and do them well, he expects success (ie, to win). The bar is set at UConn when the subject of the search for perfection is raised. As great as the last team was, it didn't play perfectly. So, the point is about aspiration not realization. As I have quoted before: "A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a Heaven for?" (Robert Browning) Your description of what goes into this is elegant. Well done.

Reaction Score
I signed up for undefeated seasons and DOMINATION! Second place is for losers! :cool:

The agony of defeat is very real for me with this team, but I agree, the joy of watching these young women develop and compete is the real pleasure. I can handle (just barely) a week of depression when the team is not victorious in it's last appearance of the season - when it is to TN (a long distant memory) or to ND (to damn recent!) it sometime stretches into ten days and we need to call in the professionals for resuscitation.:(
Your inner LOMBARDI coming out?:D

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Anywhere but Texas. Walker and Holmes would be a terror to deal with.

If Walker were to choose Texas, Baylor better land Collier, if we want to compete with Texas on a long-term basis.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She (Walker) is hoping to take her official visit to UConn in August and it would likely be in late August since UConn coach Geno Auriemma will be in Brazil coaching the U.S. Olympic team until Aug. 20.

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville: UConn is next stop after U18 trials for Crystal Dangerfield
I was hoping that Megan would have committed after her April visit, but we're still in the running. We have the best coaches and several of her friends either on the team or as verbals. Needless to say, I hope she sees her future in Storrs. She can become an icon.

Reaction Score
I hope I'm not wrong but I see her at UConn. Sometimes kids, mainly Superstar players normally know where they want to play and go to school and it's evidence that the Huskies as the advantage on getting Megan Walker. For instance she already visit Storrs 2 times already and the second she got a chance to see Stewie Mojeff and Tuck go 1,2,3. Remember she was behind the bench of Uconn at the Garden for the Maryland game. She's good friends with Crystal Dangerfield and just start following Lexi Gordon on Twitter so I have a feeling her and Geno has a secretive/special type of relationship. It's Makayla Coombs I'm worried about slipping.
Azura Stevens
Batouly Camara
Lexi Gordon
Andrea Espinoza Hunter
And if Megan and Mikayla commit is just another Dynasty once you add on Nurse KLS Pheese Butler Gabby Ekmark Crystal Irwin Bent. Doris Burke voice LOOK OUT FOLKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom