Walker out | The Boneyard

Walker out

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“Well, it’s an H3N2 … and we’re seeing now that the vast majority of the strains that are early-circulating now right now in the United States, about 83 percent of them are influenza A and, of those, about 78 percent of them are this H3N2, which historically is always the worse influenza, for example, than an H1N1,” Fauci explained.

“It’s the one that tends to make people more severely ill.”

Hope she has a lesser strain. Of course it has been widely reported that this year's vaccine is expected to be largely ineffective. Flu-pocalypse? 2017 flu season could be worse, vaccine not as effective, expert warns

Reaction Score
Right now Uconn has six special ops troops,one special ops lite troop,(Walker),and the rest are in a special category called F-troop.By March,Uconn will have seven special ops troopers and six special ops lite troops and most of them will become special ops troops some time later.It will be exhilarating to watch.I just hope significant time can be doled out in the blowouts.Missing Ms. Walker for just one game won't change the outcome of game #9 and might give one or more of the future special ops people some valuable playing time. I will miss Megatron though.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hope to see more of Batouly with the starters. This could be a good opportunity for her to get some prime time minutes.
I realize it will take Batouly a few months to get up to 100% (like it's taken Stevens), but given that Batouly will likely be asked to excel as a defender, rebounder, screen setter, and offensive put-backer, I'm hopeful she will get more time. I'd also like to see AEH get some scratch, and hope that Coombs gets the chance to do some good things as well...

Reaction Score
Reported that Megan Walker will miss the OK game. Not to worry though, not an injury - flu. Im sure she is miserable, but she should be back soon!

My heart and stomach sank to my toes--not for me but for the year she is on track to have. Thanks. Flu is bad, and will leave her weaker.
No thanks and Thanks.

Reaction Score
I realize it will take Batouly a few months to get up to 100% (like it's taken Stevens), but given that Batouly will likely be asked to excel as a defender, rebounder, screen setter, and offensive put-backer, I'm hopeful she will get more time. I'd also like to see AEH get some scratch, and hope that Coombs gets the chance to do some good things as well...

Megan isn't getting PT because she is Geno's favorite, you know that. So all these others will get as much PT as they earn. Batouly isn't exactly like Azura in development--injury, sitting (for whatever reason) isn't something AZura has endured, this year. I keep hearing the great potential of Mykala even from Geno, haven't seen it. AEH on the other side of the coin, has had moments of much more than I could have expected. She has defended well, didn't look lost, and sunk a couple of needed 3's.
I'm usually the fron't moaner about why this one or that one isn't getting time--I believe that nothing teaches game like game (with prep of course)
I'll be thrilled when the 4 frosh and Molly are in --in the last 4 minutes, no turnovers and the score increases--

Reaction Score
How so? Everyone else is ready to go.

Camara is still less than 100%. Gabby is still suffering from migraines which won't disappear. Walker is sick. KLS is less than 100%, with multiple hits to the same foot.

Not a solid medical report.

Reaction Score
“Well, it’s an H3N2 … and we’re seeing now that the vast majority of the strains that are early-circulating now right now in the United States, about 83 percent of them are influenza A and, of those, about 78 percent of them are this H3N2, which historically is always the worse influenza, for example, than an H1N1,” Fauci explained.

“It’s the one that tends to make people more severely ill.”

Hope she has a lesser strain. Of course it has been widely reported that this year's vaccine is expected to be largely ineffective. Flu-pocalypse? 2017 flu season could be worse, vaccine not as effective, expert warns
Whether it is typical or the exception some Flu seasons modifications to the vaccine is accomplished to adjust for it being ineffective--my wife waits for the later version--and has never had the flu with or without the shot. And I bring it home in bucket.

Reaction Score
Camara is still less than 100%. Gabby is still suffering from migraines which won't disappear. Walker is sick. KLS is less than 100%, with multiple hits to the same foot.

DANG---D-A-N-G--WE ARE DOOMED. The whole team is sick or the walking wounded---DANG. Hope Sherri dosen't read this --she'll have the bench fouled out--then what's left?? DANG---DOOMED..

Reaction Score
Maybe One of the other freshmen will get some PT.
If it's the same bug that's been going around in my neck of the woods, there is no playing with that bug. You're lucky to be able to get out of bed for 18-24 hrs.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

The only thing we know is that there is some type of report Walker is out with the flu. Lou, Gabby & Camara all played and looked healthy in UConn’s last game vs DePaul, and they will have had 10 days off before the game tomorrow night.

I’m not particularly worried.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Courant article that just went up says they hope to have Meg for the next game, so I guess she's worked her way through the brunt of it. Lots of us forget the huge difference between a young body and what we are dragging around in.

Reaction Score

You have no evidence of either of these statements. Williams very well could be past her migraine troubles and the time off is exactly what Samuelson needed to heal up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom