Waiting to see the game replay | The Boneyard

Waiting to see the game replay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
@tcf15 - Thank you bro.

There are several questions that can get more definitive answers by watching again.

Why do our bigs collect fouls like they're going out of style?

Is Sterling Gibbs really as selfish as some on here claim?

Why so many wide open threes late in the game versus earlier?

Why do we give up so many offensive rebounds?

Film review will shed some light!

Reaction Score
@tcf15 - Thank you bro.

There are several questions that can get more definitive answers by watching again.

Why do our bigs collect fouls like they're going out of style?

Is Sterling Gibbs really as selfish as some on here claim?

Why so many wide open threes late in the game versus earlier?

Why do we give up so many offensive rebounds?

Film review will shed some light!

1) They don't move their feet very well or read the offense

2) I don't think he's selfish he just has the ball too late in the clock so often and he's not the guy that should have it. Not enough Jalen from what I can see (Omar was good yesterday though)

3) 3's happen during the game as you close in on people trying to attack, teams are going to get looks like it or not. But at the end of the game when 3's can kill you and you're allowing them it's a breakdown on D and DHam is the worst culprit often.

4) We give up offensive rebounds because our bigs are awful rebounders and get pushed around easily. Plus none of them read shots and aren't ready to rebound. Painful to watch

Good win, watched it at 5 this morning - but still many things which lead you to believe no shot vs SMU unless they tighten things up.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
1) They don't move their feet very well or read the offense

2) I don't think he's selfish he just has the ball too late in the clock so often and he's not the guy that should have it. Not enough Jalen from what I can see (Omar was good yesterday though)

3) 3's happen during the game as you close in on people trying to attack, teams are going to get looks like it or not. But at the end of the game when 3's can kill you and you're allowing them it's a breakdown on D and DHam is the worst culprit often.

4) We give up offensive rebounds because our bigs are awful rebounders and get pushed around easily. Plus none of them read shots and aren't ready to rebound. Painful to watch

Good win, watched it at 5 this morning - but still many things which lead you to believe no shot vs SMU unless they tighten things up.
I was hoping to cite specific examples from the game itself for each question.

Reaction Score
I was hoping to cite specific examples from the game itself for each question.

Oh sorry.

But this game brings those same stated facts (opinions) with it like the rest, it is a broken record of sorts.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Sterling absolutely can be selfish, but more on the break not in the half court. You will find at least 3 examples yesterday of him keeping the ball on the break instead of giving it up and each one had a negative outcome.

The half court issues of him not being able to do anything at the end of a shot clock is a coaching issue, not a sterling issue. After a season long sample size of failure in those situations it has to be learned that the ball should not be in his hands with under 10 seconds left in shot clock. The fact That it still ends up there boggles my mind.

Reaction Score
You will find at least 3 examples yesterday of him keeping the ball on the break instead of giving it up and each one had a negative outcome.
Yep. Definitely. I mentally noted with about 4.5 minutes to go that there was a break with SG on the right wing with the ball, Purvis on the L wing unguarded, SG goes to the bucket and choke it. KO is yelling after the play, presumably channeling his inner Raferty, what I assume to be "why didn't you pass the ball?"

Reaction Score
Yep. Definitely. I mentally noted with about 4.5 minutes to go that there was a break with SG on the right wing with the ball, Purvis on the L wing unguarded, SG goes to the bucket and choke it. KO is yelling after the play, presumably channeling his inner Raferty, what I assume to be "why didn't you pass the ball?"

Channeling his inner Rafferty would probably be singing "Stuck in the Middle with You," which could be plausibly said here, but he might want to go with Raftery for basketball :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom