Wait Till Next Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wait Till Next Year

Reaction Score
I think Yormark is being overly optimistic about future basketball revenue, unless the basketball tournament payouts are completely revised. But that being said I believe he values UConn over Arizona because he wants an in to the NYC market. If I had my way the Big 12 would add Arizona and UConn and stop at 14. Both fan bases actually want to be in the Big 12, and both bring a national brand. I doubt I get my wish though.

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 goes to 14, it's Colorado/UConn. 16 teams Arizona/Arizona State. Yormark wants UConn, so let's see what happens. I'm not sure what the hold up is with Colorado.
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Reaction Score
I think Yormark is being overly optimistic about future basketball revenue, unless the basketball tournament payouts are completely revised. But that being said I believe he values UConn over Arizona because he wants an in to the NYC market. If I had my way the Big 12 would add Arizona and UConn and stop at 14. Both fan bases actually want to be in the Big 12, and both bring a national brand. I doubt I get my wish though.
Or UCONN with Colorado. TV markets still matter. It would not help the B12 much by taking 2 schools from Arizona for example. UCONN and Arizona to the B12 would be great. B12 entering the ultra important NYC market for both basketball and football would take the conference to another level.

Reaction Score
And how can anyone who seen this kind of football facilities think UCONN does not take football seriously? This is easily high P5 level stuff.

And without fat network revenues or T. Boone Pickens subsidies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
And how can anyone who seen this kind of football facilities think UCONN does not take football seriously? This is easily high P5 level stuff.

Nicely done.

Reaction Score
UConn + Arizona would be the best play for basketball. But from reading what Arizona has been saying they are definitely not leaving the Pac 12 first.

Reaction Score
Nicely done.
UConn just needs the right coach, and we have one right now.

Mora said when he was an ESPN analyst for years he toured many football facilities around the country, and he said he always remembered UConn having one of the nicest facilities since he just worked for ESPN in CT. He went on record and started UConn has better facilities than UCLA where he coached for years.

UConn just needs the right coach, and I truly believe UConn can be the #2 football program in the East Coast right behind Penn State. It has the whole state, and it has a huge upside. With P5 tag, UConn can get the talent it needs to compete at the national level with someone like Jim Mora are the helm.

Reaction Score
UConn + Arizona would be the best play for basketball. But from reading what Arizona has been saying they are definitely not leaving the Pac 12 first.
As someone who lives around many UC Berkeley and Stanford grads, it is hard to imagine those guys would accept schools in the B12. Not sure about Arizona, but there is definitely a sense of elitism in the PAC-12 when it comes to academics.

I believe if the PAC-12 gets a media deal close to the B12, those PAC schools will stick together.

B12 should add UConn now regardless what happens with the PAC-12 because it is simply the best move to improve the conference now, and getting a brand new whole state in addition to access to the NYC media market.

Reaction Score
Yormark knows they are not going to out football sec and big 10. Big 12 has best BB teams and they are going to double down. Thinking Fox good with this. PAC has good programs but nobody sees them because of the late time slots.

Reaction Score
UConn just needs the right coach, and we have one right now.

Mora said when he was an ESPN analyst for years he toured many football facilities around the country, and he said he always remembered UConn having one of the nicest facilities since he just worked for ESPN in CT. He went on record and started UConn has better facilities than UCLA where he coached for years.

UConn just needs the right coach, and I truly believe UConn can be the #2 football program in the East Coast right behind Penn State. It has the whole state, and it has a huge upside. With P5 tag, UConn can get the talent it needs to compete at the national level with someone like Jim Mora are the helm.
Looks like we are out of Big 12 contention. Not sure where we can go from here. Not getting into big 10, ACC doesn’t look good.

Reaction Score
Looks like we are out of Big 12 contention. Not sure where we can go from here. Not getting into big 10, ACC doesn’t look good.
Lol. I know this was a joke. Pretty funny.

Reaction Score
If Yormark was the commissioner when UT/OU left, you would have UC/UConn/UCF and BYU joining today. Houston would be the PAC add instead of SMU. But I still expect UConn in the Big 12 by 2025 season.

Reaction Score
If Yormark was the commissioner when UT/OU left, you would have UC/UConn/UCF and BYU joining today. Houston would be the PAC add instead of SMU. But I still expect UConn in the Big 12 by 2025 season.
We like your enthusiasm. Playing KU twice every year in BB would be awesome. Not to mention other B12 members.

Reaction Score
I agree 100%. Houston was by far the least valuable new addition despite their really strong basketball program (right now.)

Reaction Score
Since that is September 30, I guess they have 3 more months.
Not sure what the federal fiscal year has to do with anything. If anything the CA state massive bleeding deficit has more relevance.

Reaction Score
Or UCONN with Colorado. TV markets still matter. It would not help the B12 much by taking 2 schools from Arizona for example. UCONN and Arizona to the B12 would be great. B12 entering the ultra important NYC market for both basketball and football would take the conference to another level.

WOW. That video is truth!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Not sure what the federal fiscal year has to do with anything. If anything the CA state massive bleeding deficit has more relevance.
Or Kansas' debt, which is one quarter of California's, despite having one eighth the population.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom