Wade Trophy finalists | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wade Trophy finalists

Reaction Score
I didn't say they weren't deserving, I said they weren't the best statistically.

Statistics are not everything. You also have to look at who those statistics were against. If Gustafson is putting up her best numbers against top 25 opponents and someone else had stinkers in their biggest games or maybe just performed worse than against easy competition, that is going to matter. I think Jackie Young should have been ahead of Arike on the other NPOY award. She is the better all around player while Arike can score and is flashy. She's getting better on defense but Jackie and Turner have been the best defenders all year. But like Collier, they play team basketball so it's harder to win awards like that. All 5 ND starters average double figures and though Arike loves to score herself and I think that is why ND looked average early in the year, she has started playing more team ball of late.

Reaction Score
Based on the advanced stats approach where more effort is made to take into account the complete player, Megan and Naphessa should be running 1-2 so it is a travesty she is not on any of the top 4 lists. This was pointed out in a previous thread.

View attachment 41512
Wow, maybe KLS is better than most think with her overall contributions and only 19PPG?

Reaction Score
Wow, maybe KLS is better than most think with her overall contributions and only 19PPG?
As I've stated before KLS is having her best all-around season but the people who don't understand the game have ignored that. Her 6.7 RPG is outstanding considering she plays all over the court. Of course, her great FT % is being ignored too. Oh and BTW, her 3pt % is not that good compared to HER past ones. She is still shooting 3s better than Durr & Arike in addition to both Collier (.280) & Gustafson (1 att) not being 3pt threats. As I've also stated before the intangibles and incomparable superstar team play that KLS consistently delivers is immeasurable. I just can't believe how her coaches have not realized that especially vs the few top teams that are capable of beating them that the offense has to run thru KLS which would further take advantage of her great & efficient passing. The fact that she can play with or without the ball & inside or outside all equally well means that no tactics should be able to take her out of the mainstream of the offense for most of any game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hmm...ya'll might have a point. Collier is looking like she's going to win this game by herself tonight.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Hmm...ya'll might have a point. Collier is looking she's going to win this game by herself tonight.
OMG QUIT JINXING YOU DEMON.

Reaction Score
No player has done what she’s done against top competition all year.

Reaction Score
I don't have the slightest problem with Ionescu and Gustafson being on the finalist lists, or even winning over Collier. What burns me is Collier being left off in favor of Durr and Ogunbowale, both grossly inferior players to Collier. Durr and Ogunbowale are scorers, and far less efficient than Collier, who also passes, rebounds, blocks shots, and plays defense better. I was leaning towards Ionescu most of the season, but Oregon's lack of
success without Hebard and Connecticut's continued success without Samuleson swung me in Collier's favor.
Not to mention that she's now had six straight 20-10 games in the postseason. (She also has way more double-doubles than Ionescu, which surprised me.)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Collier is averaging a double double. Why would this be a surprise?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Well she's averaging 8.3 assists and 7.5 rebounds. Collier is averaging 10.7 rebounds. It seems obvious that Collier would have more double doubles. Anigwe had a double double in every game except the loss to Baylor this year, FWIW. I'm guessing Gustafson had a double double in almost every game as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom