Wade Trophy Finalist - WBCA Player of the Year. | The Boneyard

Wade Trophy Finalist - WBCA Player of the Year.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
With Four Guards being the Finalist for the Wade Trophy, doesn't look good for Crystal to make the WBCA All American Team. I believe the four Wade Finalists will make the WBCA All American team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
With Four Guards being the Finalist for the Wade Trophy, doesn't look good for Crystal to make the WBCA All American Team. I believe the four Wade Finalists will make the WBCA All American team.
Yeah, interesting that it's 4 guards!

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Yeah, interesting that it's 4 guards!
I am kinda surprised that Lauren Cox was left off of Finalists. Wasn't she the main competition for Sabrina in most of the preseason POY polls? Even though she was hurt part of the season, she certainly played well enough to be considered as a finalist.
Disclaimer: I am not a Lady Bears or Lauren Cox fan, just seems odd to me.

Reaction Score
I am kinda surprised that Lauren Cox was left off of Finalists. Wasn't she the main competition for Sabrina in most of the preseason POY polls? Even though she was hurt part of the season, she certainly played well enough to be considered as a finalist.
Not surprised. Cox missed too many games and compiled insufficient stats to be a serious contender for this honor. Surprised that Harris made the final four list with her numbers.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Not surprised. Cox missed too many games and compiled insufficient stats to be a serious contender for this honor. Surprised that Harris made the final four list with her numbers.
And you are correct in your thinking/opinion. But I also believe that sometimes these award lists and the actual awards are based on opinion and not stats.

Reaction Score
Should've written, "national championship". (I was making a joke!) :)
Yep. Understood. Just giving equal props to the two players who helped their respective teams win the top team title available to them this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's an unusual list in many ways but I would say the other three finalists in addition to Sabrina has superb years based on what I read. However we all know this was her award to lose from the tip off this year.

Truthfully she deserve(d)(s) all honors that come her way. There will always be the debate if she could have "finished" the business she came back for but clearly players like her don't come along every day. Oregon loses a lot of weapons and I will be interested to see how Graves responds next season.

Reaction Score
Center, I believe her floor time was monitored. Perhaps the lack of playing time was the reason.

Reaction Score
It's an unusual list in many ways but I would say the other three finalists in addition to Sabrina has superb years based on what I read. However we all know this was her award to lose from the tip off this year.

Truthfully she deserve(d)(s) all honors that come her way. There will always be the debate if she could have "finished" the business she came back for but clearly players like her don't come along every day. Oregon loses a lot of weapons and I will be interested to see how Graves responds next season.
MS, they have five of the top thirty three players listed on the HoopGurlz site coming into the program. I think the University of Nike will be well set for years to come.

Reaction Score
MS, they have five of the top thirty three players listed on the HoopGurlz site coming into the program. I think the University of Nike will be well set for years to come.
Thanks for the info. Graves has demonstrated he can coach and recruit. I just think there will be a year or two of "post Sabrina" hangover for the program but I could be wrong. Still, It's a great school who has built a terrific program.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. Graves has demonstrated he can coach and recruit. I just think there will be a year or two of "post Sabrina" hangover for the program but I could be wrong. Still, It's a great school who has built a terrific program.

"Hangover" would not be word I'd choose, but, you're right, the team will be very different and certainly not as successful for the next season at least. For one thing, given the availability of two bigs who have been sitting on the bench this year (as well as Ionescu's absence) the pick and roll that has been a staple of the Oregon offense for some time now may take a back seat to what Graves calls "power" basketball featuring Sedona Prince (6'7") and Nyara Sablly (6'5"), both of whom he predicts will be high first round draft picks once their college careers are over. (Prince had been practicing full speed since January and in a recent interview he attributed Hebard's surge toward the end of last season to having to go up against her on a daily basis; he's also said that he planned to use NS, finally healed, in this year's tournament.) What this will actually mean remains to be seen of course. But it's possible the team this coming season will be closer to what we've seen from Baylor than to the Oregon teams of the past several years.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You could be right. After Diana Taurasi graduated, UConn brought in the highly sought-after Charde Houston, Mel Thomas, and Ketia Swanier, a well regarded recruiting class. Yet, that was the beginning of The Dark Years where UConn struggled to find its identity after the loss of a great player. Oregon is losing 4 great player and will need to “find itself” without them. It could be a kind of rebuilding year. Other teams would love Oregon’s problems but UConn fans can relate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom