Wackey NFL East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wackey NFL East

Reaction Score
If the Giants make the playoffs, Gettleman will be on for another season in which case, they should trade down and try to get multiple picks to draft OL/WR or a pass rusher. If they don't, they should be think about a QB. Even so, drafting 3rd may not net them Lawrence or Fields. There is a drop off at QB after those two so it would still make sense to drop down to get multiple picks.
If the Giants win on Sunday and go on to win the division in the event Washington loses, that would be the most false sense of security in the history of sports. Regardless of what happens, the Giants are not a good football team and they need to improve. If they win the division, Gettlemen adds a division title to his resume, Joe Judge will be a division winner in his first year as head coach, but Im sorry, the 6-10 record just doesn't do that any justice. Now, If they go on some miraculous run and make the Super Bowl, then maybe it was all worth it. I just can't see how you can call this season a success if they go 6-10 and win the division.

Reaction Score
If the Giants win on Sunday and go on to win the division in the event Washington loses, that would be the most false sense of security in the history of sports. Regardless of what happens, the Giants are not a good football team and they need to improve. If they win the division, Gettlemen adds a division title to his resume, Joe Judge will be a division winner in his first year as head coach, but Im sorry, the 6-10 record just doesn't do that any justice. Now, If they go on some miraculous run and make the Super Bowl, then maybe it was all worth it. I just can't see how you can call this season a success if they go 6-10 and win the division.
Yeah they aren't that good. I was just saying if they win the division with that horrible record, it may get Gettleman one more season. If not, I don't see him as the GM next year.

Reaction Score
I see a young and improving team with work to do. Regardless of there record or whether they win the east or not. It would be a great experience if they could get to a playoff game. I believe they should concentrate on the OL in the draft and build that wall for Jones and get Thomas performing like a high 1rd draft pick. It's a grind but they are moving forward.

Reaction Score
Anyone else see Dwayne Haskins going back to baseball now?
I think he'll try football for a few more years but I think baseball would be the way to go.

History isn't kind with Ohio State QB's either.

Reaction Score
the cowboys should also switch divisions with the panthers. they are the worst geographic fit in any division of any of the 4 major sports, but that's neither here nor there.
Neither here nor there but sometimes tradition should be a little more important than a little longer plane ride. While the NFC East is down right now those 4 teams belong in the same division and I guarantee all 4 franchises wouldn't want to change it.

Reaction Score
Neither here nor there but sometimes tradition should be a little more important than a little longer plane ride. While the NFC East is down right now those 4 teams belong in the same division and I guarantee all 4 franchises wouldn't want to change it.
it was a forced tradition that didnt make sense then and doesnt now. there are no other rivalries between the north atlantic states and texas. but texas, louisiana, georgia, and florida are all gulf/southeastern states that already hate each other due to rivalries in every other sport. start a new tradition that makes sense. and i disagree, flying half way across the country for divisional games is not an insignificant waste of resources.

Reaction Score
it was a forced tradition that didnt make sense then and doesnt now. there are no other rivalries between the north atlantic states and texas. but texas, louisiana, georgia, and florida are all gulf/southeastern states that already hate each other due to rivalries in every other sport. start a new tradition that makes sense. and i disagree, flying half way across the country for divisional games is not an insignificant waste of resources.
Thankfully no one will be listening to you. And what are you going to do with Kansas City in the AFC West?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Agreed. But right now, it's about the spectacle of a crappy NYG team going 6-10 and winning the division. Stay focused on the mission at hand.

Reaction Score

It’s fine the way it is.

Reaction Score
Thankfully no one will be listening to you. And what are you going to do with Kansas City in the AFC West?
by all means, thank god the cowboys v washington football team game twice a year is safe! what would we do without it?! chiefs dont fit well either but theyre much closer to denver than dallas is to any nfc east team. i guess you don't mind the insanity of conference realignment as it presently stands because it's the same exact common sense principle i'm advocating for.

Reaction Score
It's a bit unfortunate the Eagles are out. Would of been hysterical to see all 4 teams in the hunt to win the division in week 17. Especially considering their records.

As it stands it has to be some sort of record. Collectively it has to be the worst division in the history of the NFL. And some of the most parity ever in a division.

Reaction Score
I kind of hope the Eagles take out the Redskins and the Giants beat the Cowboys as it would be fun to see a 6-10 team make the playoffs. There have been a few 7-9 teams and a 7-8-1 team that make the playoffs but never a 6-10 team, as far as I recall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom