Wackey NFL East | The Boneyard

Wackey NFL East

Reaction Score
Changes weekly. Washington could have clinched it with a win and couldn't pull it off. Eagles are out, WFT has to beat the packers which I doubt, so would it be the winner of the Giant- cowboy game? So a 6 win team could win the division. Not sure if that's correct but will be rooting hard for the Giants. Dallas can score but there defence is terrible. Giants can pull this off.

Reaction Score
WFT plays the Eagles and if they win they win the division at 7-9. If they lose the NYG/Dallas winner wins it at 6-10 and most likely hosts Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks got it. Thought WFT was playing the Packers. Makes it easier for them. Eagles will try to be spoiler and could do it. Hope it happens setting up the giants and cowboys for a very interesting game. Don't care how many wins it takes as long as you win and get in the playoffs. Would be a great experience for a young and upcoming giant team.

Reaction Score
Well the Giants and Cowboys will play their game at 1pm and the the winner will have to wait until the after the 8:20 Washington game to see if they’re in.

And just an FYI it couldn’t have been the Packers as the last 10 years or so the last week of the season you always play a divisional opponent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well the Giants and Cowboys will play their game at 1pm and the the winner will have to wait until the after the 8:20 Washington game to see if they’re in.

And just an FYI it couldn’t have been the Packers as the last 10 years or so the last week of the season you always play a divisional opponent.
NFL has option of changing game times will be interesting to see if they do anything like have both games at 4

Reaction Score
NFL has option of changing game times will be interesting to see if they do anything like have both games at 4
NFL already changed It to 1:00/8:20. Originally both were scheduled for 1:00. They want the Giants/Cowboys game to still have meaning and then the winner of that games whole fan base tuning in as huge Eagles fans for the night.

Reaction Score
Going to be a fun Sunday. All football, all day , drinking and eating. Gotta luv it if your a fan .

Reaction Score
The Giants can win the division or pick #3 going into Week 17. Weird season
If they get pick#3, who should they draft?

A WR, an OL, or a QB? Or, some other position?

They could use all the help they can get.

Reaction Score
If they get pick#3, who should they draft?

A WR, an OL, or a QB? Or, some other position?

They could use all the help they can get.
I'd personally take a QB, but they seem commited to Jones so I think they'd take a tackle. There's some good tackles and WRs that will be available for them in the 1st if they do somehow lose next week

Reaction Score
I'd personally take a QB, but they seem commited to Jones so I think they'd take a tackle. There's some good tackles and WRs that will be available for them in the 1st if they do somehow lose next week
The Giants need a quality defensive end that can rush the passer. Their pass rush has been garbage for many years. JPP was the last competent pass rush on the roster. None of the DEs on the roster seem to be able to set the edge. A quality DE will help against the run and the pass. Fix that first.

Reaction Score
If the Giants make the playoffs, Gettleman will be on for another season in which case, they should trade down and try to get multiple picks to draft OL/WR or a pass rusher. If they don't, they should be think about a QB. Even so, drafting 3rd may not net them Lawrence or Fields. There is a drop off at QB after those two so it would still make sense to drop down to get multiple picks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If the Giants make the playoffs, Gettleman will be on for another season in which case, they should trade down and try to get multiple picks to draft OL/WR or a pass rusher. If they don't, they should be think about a QB. Even so, drafting 3rd may not net them Lawrence or Fields. There is a drop off at QB after those two so it would still make sense to drop down to get multiple picks.
Two things I can almost guarantee will not happen this draft are the Giants trading down or drafting a QB.

Reaction Score
Two things I can almost guarantee will not happen this draft are the Giants trading down or drafting a QB.

It's less likely they will draft a QB. They should be trading down as they still need multiple players. They are still a sub par team even if they do make the playoffs.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's less likely they will draft a QB. They should be trading down as they still need multiple players. They are still a sub par team even if they do make the playoffs.
I don’t disagree. But the Giants are somewhat notorious for never trading picks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don’t disagree. But the Giants are somewhat notorious for never trading picks.

Jones is good enough that taking a 1st round QB would be absolutely dumb. But trading down would be ideal for a team that obviously isn't far from the rest of the division. I don't understand the reluctance. There are teams that will pay to move up for a QB, 4 or 5 of them will go early.

As a Patriots fan, I'm sure hoping a few 5 and 6 win teams win and move down the draft board.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
NFL already changed It to 1:00/8:20. Originally both were scheduled for 1:00. They want the Giants/Cowboys game to still have meaning and then the winner of that games whole fan base tuning in as huge Eagles fans for the night.
This time change is absolutely perfect for the dormant-but-never-extinguished, DNA hard-wired, loss aversion-driven Giant fan within.

If the weather is supportive, I go out hiking on Sunday afternoon, and don't have to risk any disappointment.

If the Giants lose, I'm happy that I didn't have to endure seeing it happen while missing an outdoor adventure (my number 1 pandemic survival tool).

If the Giants win, I root like crazy for the Eagles, and either get my full package of joy from a victory, or turn off the game early if it's not what I want. Again, I limit disappointment or upset, including that of the Giants winning for naught if WFT later wins.

Bonus: two super dear people who are huge Eagle fans to join forces with in the evening game, and who will have been rooting earlier for the Giants (read: anybody) to beat the Cowboys - my afternoon proxy fans.

Double Bonus if the Giants yet again end a Tom Brady season with a loss by beating the Bucs the following weekend, if it comes to that. But I need to keep that in its proper place and do one week at a time.

And if the Giants emerge with better draft picks, OK on that too, more for my longest continuous friend who is a true blue faithful and tortures away many Sundays without fail.

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
Hopefully the BIrds play backups against WFT and lose, then fire the entire coaching staff and Howie and get a top 5 draft pick. On to next year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This time change is absolutely perfect for the dormant-but-never-extinguished, DNA hard-wired, loss aversion-driven Giant fan within.

If the weather is supportive, I go out hiking on Sunday afternoon, and don't have to risk any disappointment.

If the Giants lose, I'm happy that I didn't have to endure seeing it happen while missing an outdoor adventure (my number 1 pandemic survival tool).

If the Giants win, I root like crazy for the Eagles, and either get my full package of joy from a victory, or turn off the game early if it's not what I want. Again, I limit disappointment or upset, including that of the Giants winning for naught if WFT later wins.

Bonus: two super dear people who are huge Eagle fans to join forces with in the evening game, and who will have been rooting earlier for the Giants (read: anybody) to beat the Cowboys - my afternoon proxy fans.

Double Bonus if the Giants yet again end a Tom Brady season with a loss by beating the Bucs the following weekend, if it comes to that. But I need to keep that in its proper place and do one week at a time.

And if the Giants emerge with better draft picks, OK on that too, more for my longest continuous friend who is a true blue faithful and tortures away many Sundays without fail.
Co-sign this. Exactly the way I feel about all of it.

I had to replace the propane tank for our gas grill yesterday and I was initially dismayed when I learned that the hardware store was only open until 3:00 because I had planned to watch the Giants game, which also boxed me out of the hike I was considering. I had the game on the radio in the shower, and by the time I was dressed they were down 14-0, so I declared that I was not wasting my afternoon on them again.

I went to hardware store...and then to package store, after which I decided to scrap the hike and experiment with some craft cocktails instead.

Reaction Score
it's not wacky it just sucks. the 5th seed might as well have a bye week in first round. but that's to be expected when the best QB in the division went to duke, one is actually a running back, one has a gimpy leg, and the other should've retired 3 years ago.

the cowboys should also switch divisions with the panthers. they are the worst geographic fit in any division of any of the 4 major sports, but that's neither here nor there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Changes weekly. Washington could have clinched it with a win and couldn't pull it off. Eagles are out, WFT has to beat the packers which I doubt, so would it be the winner of the Giant- cowboy game? So a 6 win team could win the division. Not sure if that's correct but will be rooting hard for the Giants. Dallas can score but there defence is terrible. Giants can pull this off.
As a giants fan I could care less. They stink. Danny Doinks is so bad it’s painful to watch. It’s not all his fault but he is still terrible. Only thing I like about the Giants is the head coach. Burn it all down. Get rid of Gettleman. Dump Jones just like the skins dumped Haskins and build a new foundation. Even if they beat the Cowboys, they certainly are not beating anyone in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
it's not wacky it just sucks. the 5th seed might as well have a bye week in first round. but that's to be expected when the best QB in the division went to duke, one is actually a running back, one has a gimpy leg, and the other should've retired 3 years ago.

the cowboys should also switch divisions with the panthers. they are the worst geographic fit in any division of any of the 4 major sports, but that's neither here nor there.
Jones is terrible. I don’t like Dalton but he is far better than Jones. I’m a Giants fan and I’m predicting a Dallas blowout this weekend. Giants offense is a disaster.

Reaction Score
Co-sign this. Exactly the way I feel about all of it.

I had to replace the propane tank for our gas grill yesterday and I was initially dismayed when I learned that the hardware store was only open until 3:00 because I had planned to watch the Giants game, which also boxed me out of the hike I was considering. I had the game on the radio in the shower, and by the time I was dressed they were down 14-0, so I declared that I was not wasting my afternoon on them again.

I went to hardware store...and then to package store, after which I decided to scrap the hike and experiment with some craft cocktails instead.

VERY well played @8893 Top notch. I did similar, only my shower took place during the fg exchange that made it 17-3. Also went to the packie and hardware stores. Here in RI, the Giants actually haven't been on that much...so, I haven't had to make a lot of excuses not to watch. But still...in it til the last week of the season...gotta love it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom