Vultures, Vultures Everywhere | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Vultures, Vultures Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A short note on the thread title: 1) it is a direct quote from Casablanca; 2) I chose it because it did reference a classic Boneyard thread started
by a poster who left long ago, and 3) vultures by their nature attack the dead and eat rotting flesh down to the bone.

I could have used other quotes: "I'm shocked, shocked to discover mean spirited controversy here..." or perhaps "the fundamental things apply as time goes by..." if I only knew what the fundamental things are in re the Boneyard. Still the "Vultures..." offered many levels of interpretation including the character who said the line was a pickpocket i.e. a vulture.

I guess it only remains to ask if "we still have Paris?"

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
A short note on the thread title: 1) it is a direct quote from Casablanca; 2) I chose it because it did reference a classic Boneyard thread started
by a poster who left long ago, and 3) vultures by their nature attack the dead and eat rotting flesh down to the bone.

I could have used other quotes: "I'm shocked, shocked to discover mean spirited controversy here..." or perhaps "the fundamental things apply as time goes by..." if I only knew what the fundamental things are in re the Boneyard. Still the "Vultures..." offered many levels of interpretation including the character who said the line was a pickpocket i.e. a vulture.

What??!!! Did Paris back out of his LOI too??! Damn!!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

I like vultures. They don't kill anything. They don't deprive any other creatures a food source other than maggots, ants and bacteria. They reduce the chance for disease. Besides they don't attack the dead. Never saw them in a Zombie film for instance.

And their flight patterns are absolutely the best. Get a thermal and glide to heaven. What's not to like about these creatures short of their appearance.

Reaction Score
I hate it when people look down their noses as people who look down their noses at messageboard posters... and someone else hates me for looking down my nose at people who look down their nose at people who look down their nose at posters, etc.

If anyone is qualified to pass judgement around these parts, it's an OG like zymurg.

I hate it when people look down their noses as people who look down their noses at messageboard posters... and someone else hates me for looking down my nose at people who look down their nose at people who look down their nose at posters and who look down their nose at people who look down their nose at posters and who look down their nose at people who look down their nose at posters and who look down their nose at people who look down their nose at posters and who look down their nose at people who look down their nose at posters and who look down their nose at people who look down their nose at posters.. well you get the point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom