Vultures, Vultures Everywhere | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vultures, Vultures Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Good to see people think of me as passionate. I really appreciate that.

Also, zy good post. However, I think the state of the program and athletic department is in a lot worse situation than you describe.

It would really benefit you to not use homophobic slurs about opposing players who have just beaten us. (E.g., Tyus Jones and Nic Moore.) Just a friendly piece of advice. It's not "passionate," it's a nasty habit that you should quit immediately.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Nomar, I don't mind complaining or controversy. I do like thoughtful discussions. I offer the current thread on Amida as an example of what I really enjoy; thoughtful analysis of players/strategies. I just wish there were more threads like that.

I hear you.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I don't disagree with anything said here, but I hate it when people begin posts on a message board looking down their noses at message board posters.

I really hate when commenters start their comment looking down on posters

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Warde Manuel needs to do whatever it takes to get us out of this conference- if that means we sign an agreement to play only road Football games for the first five years with only 10 players on each side so be it.
Warde Manual is going to the nearest lunch counter for another bacon cheeseburger.

Reaction Score
The real reason I am so frustrated is that UConn BB is my one and only hope. But main reason we are where we are is FOOTBALL. Pasqualoni and Diaco killed any chance we can get an invite to the power 5 conference. Now the UConn crown jewell BB recruiting is being impacted. We lost yesterday because we cannot score, dugged a 17 points deficit, RB got hurt and had his worse shooting game ever and so on. AAC only has 2 teams in the dance. Enough said!!

Reaction Score
Maybe we should sit in a circle with smiles on our faces, hold hands and chant.

Reaction Score
I really hate when commenters start their comment looking down on posters

There is a difference between looking down your nose at internet posters and calling people's comments stupid for the stupidity that they are.

You fall on the stupidity side of things. But I never look down my nose at you.

Reaction Score
boba said:
Vultures? Are they Turkey Vultures? Were they outside the window looking in? Does CTO know about this?

A like to Zy for the Casablanca reference - not a fan off post that look down on people who look down on posters who look down on fan frustration.

Reaction Score
I used to come to The Boneyard as much for a good laugh as I did for basketball information. Ah the good ole days when disagreements were comedic versus acerbic. We used to have friendly golf get-togethers, maybe we need a steel cage purge match.

Reaction Score
I'd like to think that most of the folks here are pretty sports savvy on all sides of the issues. The acerbic nature is a reflection of the fact that good meaning folks can see a confluence of bad things that have occurred and will likely occur to programs that have been built through blood, sweat and tears. In any crisis it is shown that the vast majority just shutdown and their brains refuse to accept the reality of what is happening and just die. A small percentage will over react, and another small percentage will react with purpose and tend to survive. UConn sports is in a crisis situation called the AAC and our leaders need to react with a purpose. Pretending everything is fine is the surest way all our programs blow-up...hint, hint Susan and Warde. Governor and legislature.

Reaction Score
I'd like to think that most of the folks here are pretty sports savvy on all sides of the issues. The acerbic nature is a reflection of the fact that good meaning folks can see a confluence of bad things that have occurred and will likely occur to programs that have been built through blood, sweat and tears. In any crisis it is shown that the vast majority just shutdown and their brains refuse to accept the reality of what is happening and just die. A small percentage will over react, and another small percentage will react with purpose and tend to survive. UConn sports is in a crisis situation called the AAC and our leaders need to react with a purpose. Pretending everything is fine is the surest way all our programs blow-up...hint, hint Susan and Warde. Governor and legislature.

You're trying to link it to a single issue, that of conference affiliation which is unquestionably a major threat to future success. I think myself, Zy and others are looking further back than that. Something changed or started to change long before we found ourselves in the AAC.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
You're trying to link it to a single issue, that of conference affiliation which is unquestionably a major threat to future success. I think myself, Zy and others are looking further back than that. Something changed or started to change long before we found ourselves in the AAC.

IMO, the treatment of Taliek Brown led to the schism. As a group, we went from a group of posters who loved rooting for the Huskies to something more insidious.

Reaction Score
We are not in a crisis, yet. Bad spot maybe. If we don't get recruits then it's crisis.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We are not in a crisis, yet. Bad spot maybe. If we don't get recruits then it's crisis.
If you don't think we're in a crisis, then this bad spot must be miles across in diameter.

Reaction Score
We have lost quite a few good posters from the early days as the Boneyard became more toxic especially after a loss.

Reaction Score
We have lost quite a few good posters from the early days as the Boneyard became more toxic especially after a loss.
and after they blew up our conference .......

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
ElGuapo said:
My favorite band. YouTube Video

That's a rare cut. Ive only seen that a couple times and my first Phish show was in 88. I remember them doing it at the Meadows in Hartford in 2000 , best part of the show.

Reaction Score
Warde Manuel needs to do whatever it takes to get us out of this conference- if that means we sign an agreement to play only road Football games for the first five years with only 10 players on each side so be it.

I'd actually sign up for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky