Vote to disband the Big East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vote to disband the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guarantee vote to disband the big east was one of the options on the agenda last night so probably not as crazy as you obviously think it is. I am confident in UConn's ability to be picked up by either the ACC or Big 10 should we no longer be in a conference. We have too much to offer particularly to the ACC.

Reaction Score
I guarantee vote to disband the big east was one of the options on the agenda last night so probably not as crazy as you obviously think it is. I am confident in UConn's ability to be picked up by either the ACC or Big 10 should we no longer be in a conference. We have too much to offer particularly to the ACC.
Oh you were at the meeting?

How did the vote to disband turn out? What was the result?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we are a basketball school, and I love the BEAST

if a better offer comes along, take it

until then, I'm looking forward to playing in the BEAST and I think that if we stay there, we'll be just fine in a few years.

back in 2003 we had the same doomsday prophecies. The result was the BEAST became better than ever

history can repeat itself, I know we'll land on our feet

Reaction Score
We are a basketball school, which is why we should be in the ACC.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

well, it takes two to tangle

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Awfully closed minded. We are a basketball, football, baseball, soccer... you name it school. Maybe 15 years ago we were "just" a basketball school, but not anymore, and that's not the direction we are heading in.

That said I do agree that I'd love to be in the ACC. But we can ask all we want, they are the ones that have to let us in.

Reaction Score
At this point we mind as well stay put and actually try and leverage being the top basketball conference in the country which would include the non-football schools like Georgetown. A split with 6 teams and the addition of UCF, Houston, etc would not be an upgrade by any means and a huge downgrade in hoops. Not to mention a lose of BCS status. So for thre time being lets hang our hat on being the best basketball conference and hope for an invite to a premier conference.

Reaction Score
The Big East is not really still the best hoops conf when the ACC has Duke, UNC, Pitt, and Cuse. While we are not "just" a basketball school to the rest of the country that is pretty much the value we add. ACC loves the olympic sport success we've had but in terms of $ we are a basketball school first and foremost. Now there is word the Big 12 might be targeting Louisville, WVU, and even Rutgers so we might not even have to disband.

Reaction Score
It's time for the football playing members of the Big East to walk and offer ourselves to the Big 12. I really have no desire to see us playing Army, Navy, and Air Force every year for in conference games or UCF, Houston, and ECU for that matter though I'd prefer it to the service academies because they can actually recruit and do things that our peer institutions should be doing. The Football Big East is dead. We need to face that reality and move forward. As a block we would have more power in our new home and the rivalries are already there so let's make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom