Vote for Ines! | The Boneyard

Vote for Ines!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we think that INES' Top Ranking in the voting at 41% will hold up?? ( As of
10:00AM on Thursday, est )?? Of Course!!
Boneyard keep on voting.. Vote daily, vote often!! Ines, do you thinkg!! Go Husky

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Do we think that INES' Top Ranking in the voting at 41% will hold up?? ( As of
10:00AM on Thursday, est )?? Of Course!!
Boneyard keep on voting.. Vote daily, vote often!! Ines, do you thinkg!! Go Husky
Agreed. Support our Ines.....vote. It takes less than 15 seconds. :cool:

Reaction Score
Question that I do not know the answer to. While I am sure she loves the support, are her numbers in the tournament worthy of the award, or would she be embarrassed to win it? I assume her numbers are good, or they would not have put her forth as one of the nominees, but is there someone whose numbers are significantly better. Before I get the answer, I did vote for her. Hope she will forgive me if it does embarrass her.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
FIBA makes a place where fans vote. I'm voting for our players :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Question that I do not know the answer to. While I am sure she loves the support, are her numbers in the tournament worthy of the award, or would she be embarrassed to win it? I assume her numbers are good, or they would not have put her forth as one of the nominees, but is there someone whose numbers are significantly better. Before I get the answer, I did vote for her. Hope she will forgive me if it does embarrass her.
Statistics are only part of the story and not every player’s value is reflected in them. Look at these numbers and tell me if they’re “embarrassing“.

6D82ED27-12CC-462A-808B-260D0D14448C.jpeg

Those are Kelly Faris’s numbers and they do a poor job of showing how valuable she was to the team. Ines is the best player on Portugal’s team and she is playing the way Geno wants, with consistent effort throughout. And don’t forget, she’s an 18 year old playing in the U20 (under age 20) so she’s doing well against teams that may have older players

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
I confess. Voted for Inês. Cleared cookies. Voted for Inês again.
Elapsed time? About 20 seconds.

ê Ê Feel free to copy and paste. ê Ê ê

Reaction Score
I see this as like JANA EL A and the other FIBA tournament earlier this summer. JANA got on
the second all tournament team ( because she earned it ) but also because ( to my understanding )
a single vote for MVP ( and I assume the all tournament team ) is determined by the public
voting. Which to my understanding Jana won. So ... if Ines has a successful next three games she could easily be in the running for
one of these other " honorary" positions, beyond that of the MVP ( which usually goes to the "best"
player on the winning team- but actually went to a Spanish Player at the other tournament.. not to a USA team player ).
These are my impressions, but they seemed to have panned out with Jana's experience at the U 19 tournament ( or was the U 18?) .
Also I believe Ines was selected due to the wish of the committee to nominate at least one player from
each of the remaining 8 top teams ( some teams got more of course). I hope this was helpful.

Reaction Score
Does just clicking next to her name cast the vote? I don't see any way to submit it.
i have the same thought - selected the radio button (at 39% now) but did not see any "next step"

Reaction Score
Fan vote does not solely determine anything with the actual award. FIBA's media team just runs these to increase engagement. As seen by Ines and Jana, there are dedicated UConn fans voting for their players. At the European pro level, Fenerbahce, which is estimated to have 30 to 35 million supporters of the club as a whole around the world, is known for completely stuffing the ballot box for their players in these polls.

Reaction Score
My Bettencourt vote "counted" this AM. I just hit the circle for voting and the Percentage of
votes for her came up = still at 39%. So far I vote once a day. Game with Latvia at 13:30 today.
Note France beat Italy this morning, in the opposite bracket, in OT !!! It was 75 - 75 at the
end of regulation with France needing to hit a 3 pointer to tie. Final score 83 - 83. Italy missing
a shot at the end. Latvia has a Rebound advantage over Portugal for the tournament, 40.8 RPG
vs 34.3 RPG for Portugal. Box out and hit the boards.... Defend #12, Ms. Jasa. She averages
about 20 PPG. Go INES, time for another quality game!! GO HUSKY!

Reaction Score
Another vote for Ines. Let’s Go Husky Fanatics! She dropped from 40% to 39% last night. That’s unacceptable. :rolleyes::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom