Vol's press predicts UConn...Next Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vol's press predicts UConn...Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Love it bschwartz. Not sure how long that will last on the board since the mods frown on taking the looney-tunes posts from a rivals board, but I sure enjoyed it!

Reaction Score
You can't buy this kind of comedy on pay-per-view. My favorite post is the one that claims that the reason Maya was a Husky was because Pat was divorced (then again, who knows).

I respect Coach Auriemma's record at UCONN. However, he has been the recipient of some lucky breaks to win 7 NCs. Maya Moore played for him because Pat Summitt was a divorced woman. UCONN defeated Stanford 3 years ago for the NC because Stanford's best player, Janet Appel, was injured. If he wins tonight, and he probably will, it is because Kim Mulkey allowed Louisville to score 82 points on her defense. This should not have happen with Brittney Griner, Odyssey Sims and Brooklyn Pope on her team. Louisville will not score 82 points on UCONN and UCONN could not have defeated Baylor.
Ah, Janet Appel. One of the best centers in the country.

Reaction Score
You can't buy this kind of comedy on pay-per-view. My favorite post is the one that claims that the reason Maya was a Husky was because Pat was divorced (then again, who knows).

I respect Coach Auriemma's record at UCONN. However, he has been the recipient of some lucky breaks to win 7 NCs. Maya Moore played for him because Pat Summitt was a divorced woman. UCONN defeated Stanford 3 years ago for the NC because Stanford's best player, Janet Appel, was injured. If he wins tonight, and he probably will, it is because Kim Mulkey allowed Louisville to score 82 points on her defense. This should not have happen with Brittney Griner, Odyssey Sims and Brooklyn Pope on her team. Louisville will not score 82 points on UCONN and UCONN could not have defeated Baylor.
I'm one of those people who cringes whenever I see crapolla brought over here from that board-that-shall remain nameless, but I actually got a good laugh out of this one. As Eric says, I doubt this will stay here long, but this one is just too funny...Before it gets deleted, "thanks for sharing" :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think the rotation will depend on the opponent. Right now I'd say starting lineup would be Massengale, Simmons, Graves, Harrison, Russell. Russell maybe the best player for Tennessee since Parker.

I admit i didnt watch alot of TN wcbb this season, but are you saying Graves will be playing the Wing Forward ?? Or Harrison ?? Can either defend the position well ? Do either have the perimeter shot, ball handling, or driving ability to be the 3 ??

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I admit i didnt watch alot of TN wcbb this season, but are you saying Graves will be playing the Wing Forward ?? Or Harrison ?? Can either defend the position well ? Do either have the perimeter shot, ball handling, or driving ability to be the 3 ??
Don't break the little guys heart. He just wants the best players on his fantasy team out there at the same time.
With how the Lady Vols have performed over the last 6 years, they will have to prove they can do better before I believe it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Don't break the little guys heart. He just wants the best players on his fantasy team out there at the same time.
With how the Lady Vols have performed over the last 6 years, they will have to prove they can do better before I believe it.

Actually I thought stwainfan was a female, before your quote. Looked at the user profile for confirmation. Im just glad I didnt call him maam in my reply. :confused:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
That comment is on an article that is in the public domain, it's not on the pay site. Should stay up!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Actually I thought stwainfan was a female, before your quote. Looked at the user profile for confirmation. Im just glad I didnt call him maam in my reply. :confused:

He loves Shania Twain, based on his screen name. Not sure what that means.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yes I do love Shania Twain. ;)
I do think DD said Tennessee would lose 12 games this year. As for the lineup I said I should have said Burdick starting over Graves. The players will get a chance to have some good minutes if they start or not.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I originally did a ggogle search to find out who St. Wain was. Professional myopia.

Reaction Score
The final four in Nashville or music city. I plan on going to see a final four. I think Tennessee has a great shot at being there.

I think they have a great shot too. They have Massengale and Simmons returning as the backcourt. Not a terrible backcourt by any means. If Simmons can be more of an efficient rather than volume scorer, it would really help TN. They return Burdick, Harrison, and Graves in the front court and add Russell. Not to mention Tucker is coming and Carter is returning. They will have plenty of talent, they just need the coaching to get there. Having a home final four is a pretty huge incentive.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Yes I do love Shania Twain. ;)
I do think DD said Tennessee would lose 12 games this year. As for the lineup I said I should have said Burdick starting over Graves. The players will get a chance to have some good minutes if they start or not.
12 games? Let me tell you something, my fine orange loving friend, I was only 4 games off.

So now losing 8 games is something good for TN fans? Really?

Now, they were a little better than I thought they would be. But they won games against teams that were worse than I thought they would be early in the season like UNC, Miami, Texas, USC.

They might do around the same next year.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
12 games? Let me tell you something, my fine orange loving friend, I was only 4 games off.

So now losing 8 games is something good for TN fans? Really?

Now, they were a little better than I thought they would be. But they won games against teams that were worse than I thought they would be early in the season like UNC, Miami, Texas, USC.

They might do around the same next year.
That was also a new coaching staff, a young team. Also injuries Burdick and Harrison missed several games. Having Russell in will help the post. I think she will have a impact this year. Adding Carter will help the guards. She is very athletic with a big upside. Now as for the starting line up it looks probally better going into this next year. The is more experience lineup coming back.

Reaction Score
That was also a new coaching staff, a young team. Also injuries Burdick and Harrison missed several games. Having Russell in will help the post. I think she will have a impact this year. Adding Carter will help the guards. She is very athletic with a big upside. Now as for the starting line up it looks probally better going into this next year. The is more experience lineup coming back.
This is a good time to fantasize about next year. Right now the potential for success knows no bounds – and we don’t have to deal with the reality that will exist once next season starts.

Your summary of TN’s year is very similar to UConn’s. We have a young team, three freshmen getting lots of minutes and a couple sophs. Many injuries, including Banks for most of the season. A center hobbled. We too will be much more experienced next year. Regarding coaches, how long has Holly been at TN? I’d hardly call her new. I suspect that none of the teams you’ll have to play next year will be getting decent new players? That will make it easy for you.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think Tenn has a legit shot to make the final 4 next season. Then again, at this time last year, I thought the final 4 this year would be Baylor, UCONN, Duke, and either Stanford or Maryland. So what do I know :oops:

Reaction Score
Glad to see someone here on behalf of the orange nation. Also glad to see a reasonable conversation.

I of course think its reasonable to make fun of the angry dolts posting responses to that article. That article is entirely built on facts and common sense, not sure why it's so upsetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom