Volnation all abuzz | The Boneyard

Volnation all abuzz

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
over rumor that Walz is moving to TU.

Reaction Score
I could see that possibly happening. Waltz is the kind of guy who would jump ship for a seemingly better gig.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Waltz played this game once before, shaking down Louisville for a $300 k annual raise. He just got another raise last year. His new contract pays him about $1.5 million, and it contains a buyout provision. Considering that TN is paying Holly around $800 k, and she also has a buyout, TN might be looking at something north of $4 million to get Walz. I really don’t think that’s going to happen, but sometimes universities do crazy things when it comes to coaches.

Reaction Score
The time for TN to get JW to be the TN coach was when Pat stepped down as the coach to deal with her illness, Since then he built at Louisville a top 5 team with great fan following at a great facility so why will he want to move to TN now???

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The time for TN to get JW to be the TN coach was when Pat stepped down as the coach to deal with her illness, Since then he built at Louisville a top 5 team with great fan following at a great facility so why will he want to move to TN now???
1) Louisville is graduating a great senior class
2) He’ll always be 2nd fiddle to MM in the ACC
3) He’s 1-16 vs Geno
4) $$$

Reaction Score
Waltz played this game once before, shaking down Louisville for a $300 k annual raise. He just got another raise last year. His new contract pays him about $1.5 million, and it contains a buyout provision. Considering that TN is paying Holly around $800 k, and she also has a buyout, TN might be looking at something north of $4 million to get Walz. I really don’t think that’s going to happen, but sometimes universities do crazy things when it comes to coaches.

Hey, only recently the Philadelphia Phillies owner SAID he was prepared to go "crazy." So he wound up with Bryce Harper at the craziest price ever paid to a player. That lasted five minutes until the next crazy contract. When Walz was here at MD, he was often cited as the Brains behind the Brenda. Well, she's done OK w/out him, and Jeff's record vs Geno hasn't been great (1-16). But in the case of TN, anyone would seem an upgrade after the Holly un-Jolly years.

Reaction Score
I’d get the heck out of Louisville. They are screwed in the Athletic Department for a hot minute. All the Pitino stuff. Their football program is down, men’s basketball is down. AD is cutting from every sport to save money. Heard Waltz recruiting budget got cut by 50% last year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
1) MM is pushing 70. how many more years will she be coaching?
2) Walz and Louisville weren't second fiddle last season in the ACC

That, plus Notre Dame is losing at least 4 and possibly 5 starters. Louisville will be doing some rebuilding next year but so will the Irish. At a casual glance of their rosters it sure looks like Louisville will have more significant contributors returning next season than ND does (and if Young declares for the draft they're almost starting from scratch).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In this digitally connected world we live in this "rumor" does not go this long without confirmation, denial, shame on you unless....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
1) MM is pushing 70. how many more years will she be coaching?
2) Walz and Louisville weren't second fiddle last season in the ACC
Let’s not put MM out to pasture just yet. She’s 63. As for last season, remind me again, who won the championship?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Let’s not put MM out to pasture just yet. She’s 63. As for last season, remind me again, who won the championship?
After she has won a championship seems like as very good time to put her out to pasture IMO.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Depends on how you want to define it. Louisville was 2-0 against ND last season including one absolute beat down and was the regular season and conference tournament champ. Hard to say Louisville was 2nd fiddle in the ACC. The National Championship is of course the most coveted prize.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Depends on how you want to define it. Louisville was 2-0 against ND last season including one absolute beat down and was the regular season and conference tournament champ. Hard to say Louisville was 2nd fiddle in the ACC. The National Championship is of course the most coveted prize.
That beat down happened at Louisville after ND lost their 4th player last season to a torn ACL.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

well I thought she was older than that...... but anyway.... battling with MM as opposed to battling with Schaefer and Staley........ he's better off staying in Louisville.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

And to think.... they were oh so close to getting that 3rd meeting in the National Title game.......

Reaction Score
Not unless Tennessee is willing to pay out upwards of $2 million a year. He has a great division I program already at a decent university. There is no attraction to his going there, or for that matter, no attraction for any top WCBB coach to go there. The name "Tennessee" means nothing to a coach already ranked in the Top 25.

Either this is a hoax, or a trial balloon launched by Tennessee. Even the language used in the tweet is strange: "prepared to lose"? What the heck does that mean?

Won't happen.

Reaction Score
I hear Walz is trading in his iPhone for an 8-track player. His Porsche for a unicycle and his red/white checkered shirt for a mastodon pelt suit. Why on this planet would a man who shows no signs of insanity leave Louisville for TENN?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom