Voepel picks Stanford over UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Voepel picks Stanford over UConn

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Some folks seem incensed that everyone is not constantly praising UConn. As far as
the rest of the country is concerned, the default position is usually "anybody but UConn".

Do you blame them? That's how I've always felt about the Yankees.
And Alabama in football. And once upon a time, UT in WCBB. [note: I'm agreeing with you]

Reaction Score
Has she said anything good about the UConn program?? The hatred runs deep.
She has at some points over her career because she's had to but she grinds her fangs as she's doing it. UConn dominance and specifically Geno rubs her the wrong way. Nothing new here

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Since DiDi never scores--not ever--outside of her D what exactly does she contribute? A freshman "not ready for the moment," huh. Very sad to have such an inexperienced player on a team. Oh, wait: we have 2 (at least).
Didi's injury was the turning point because Baylor allowed it to be! they came apart at the seams. They got NOTHING out of their HOF coach and NPOY candidate N'alissa Smith. Their freshman was not ready for the moment but Geno's were that is why he is the best coach in the women's game by a country mile

Reaction Score
I’m not a fan of MV. She is a talented writer, but seems to go out of her way to dislike UConn. Her problem, not ours! Geno and our gals are really just simply lovable! MV not so much.
She's not that talented, she is one of the belief that UConn dominance has not been good for the women's game. Which is absurd for someone who has written and followed this sport for years!

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Did I unknowingly time travel to Saturday? I think Arizona and South Carolina may want to have something to say about this prediction! One game at a time, folks, one game at a time...

Reaction Score
Hogwash. If you watch the Baylor game carefully, you'll see that Paige was doing unto DiDi what she has done unto others: got her screens and scored; ran around Richards and scored. The idea that the Bears lost because DiDi went out is pure, unmitigated bunk. It may have deflated Baylor to lose one of its key players, but what Slim wants to do she does.
What irritates me is when you have a high profiled game like this and folks come out of the woodwork to voice their uninformed opinions.
Basketball is a game of runs especially when you have two good teams. UConn started the game on fire and was up by 12, which was the largest lead either team had all game. Baylor being the beast it is came back and led at half, aided by the foul trouble of Aaliyah Edwards. They came out in the 3rd and went on their run and went up by 10 halfway through the 3rd period. Still a ton of time left for UConn to go on run to get back in it which they did. Didi's injury shook everyone on Baylor's side most importantly Kim Mulkey because she knew there was NO WAY she had a shot at stopping Pistol Paige. Her lack of leadership as a coach (I'm a Mulkey fan) permeated her entire team. So much so that their STAR N'allisa Smith was an afterthought.
I re-watched this game and after UConn retook the lead in the 4th they missed 4 layups and 3 free throws with less then 5 min to go in the game. This game should have never come down to the last seconds, UConn could've and should've won this game going away.

Reaction Score
Come on AYusef MV has very good writing skills
Seriously.......she just dislikes UConn a lot.
Can you write like her? Nuff said. Who really cares if she doesn’t give UConn the credit they deserve. We know better.

Reaction Score
I’m starting to get anxious Naturally the media are focusing on Dawn and Barnes and Gino and Paige.
Meanwhile I picture Tara in my head lurking quietly and methodically working on game plans and keeping everything close to her chest .
Im not underestimating AZ but I’m going to need a good shot of Tonyc optimism tomorrow and hopefully Sunday

I confident that we all will be getting booster shots from Tonyc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom