Voepel picks Stanford over UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Voepel picks Stanford over UConn

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Hogwash. If you watch the Baylor game carefully, you'll see that Paige was doing unto DiDi what she has done to others: got her screens and scored; ran around Richards and scored. The idea at the Bears lost because DiDi went out is pure, unmitigated bunk. It may have deflated Baylor to lose one of its key players, but what Slim wants to do she does.
Indeed. Because UConn went on a 19-0 run after Richards got hurt doesn't mean they wouldn't have if she were in the lineup. Paige was torching her throughout the game, despite the fact DiDi and Carrington were fouling her virtually every time down court. To say that Richards was the sole reason UConn went on that run is ludicrous. Is the Baylor defense so dependent on one player? By the way, when watching the game again, Carrington was one of the most egregious foulers in the game are rarely got called. As I said in the game chat, what goes around....

Reaction Score
All 3 of the other remaining teams are capable of beating UConn, and UConn is capable of beating each of the remaining 3 teams.

Reaction Score
It was not Didi's defensive impact on Paige that was missed (although Paige got and missed a lot of good shots in the last five minutes -- if she had made them, that might have been the case).

The big impact on Baylor is that Sarah Andrews (#24), who subbed in for Didi, was a freshman who was not ready for the moment, and who made a lot of mistakes. She did not maintain the pace that Kim Mulkey wanted to see, and she let Christyn have a layup near the end that Didi would probably not have allowed. That was why the momentum shifted.
maybe, but that is why it is a team game...the best team wins. so if you have an injury, like we have/had, if you have to play freshmen like we have/had, then you still have to get it done, like we continue to do.

i really don't think it would have mattered. We go on the 19-0 no matter what and essentially PB was counter-productive in the final 7 minutes. she was gassed and had nothing left after running all day, getting fouled, bumped, held, you name it.

Reaction Score
first things first............can UConn get past Arizona and Stanford get past South Carolina before we have this discussion? The way south Carolina is playing right now, there's no guarantee that Stanford is going to reach the finals and UConn still has to earn it's victory against what Geno says is the second best defense UConn will see this season.........
SC is playing well but Texas quit like no team I have ever seen. That was embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Indeed. Because UConn went on a 19-0 run after Richards got hurt doesn't mean they wouldn't have if she were in the lineup. Paige was torching her throughout the game, despite the fact DiDi and Carrington were fouling her virtually every time down court. To say that Richards was the sole reason UConn went on that run is ludicrous. Is the Baylor defense so dependent on one player? By the way, when watching the game again, Carrington was one of the most egregious foulers in the game are rarely got called. As I said in the game chat, what goes around....
I get the feeling the the so-called 'experts' were thinking DiDi would slow PB down. Nope. Nobody and I mean nobody, this year or any year, slows PB down!! I said she would go 25-30 on Baylor and she didn't disappoint, nor does she ever disappoint.

Reaction Score
Stanford relies heavily on the three. Texas was ahead until Stanford suddenly found the range after a lousy start. UConn has been vulnerable to the three all season.

Reaction Score
I'm personally glad that we aren't the unanimous pick. A unanimous pick when we have a junior and senior laden team that can handle the pressure that comes with that, sure.

Reaction Score
Frankly, if I was Dawn/South Carolina, I would be highly agitated with the "no respect" given to South Carolina...but I hear there's a banner planned win or lose.

Reaction Score
It is just as reasonable as the position many took by favoring Baylor in the elite 8 game against UCONN. If Didi Richards doesn't get injured...let's face it....UCONN was in trouble, and likely would have lost. Happily we'll never know for sure. We only know what happened and we won. Stanford is ranked number one for a reason. They have had amazing recruiting classes for several years in a row, and those players are delivering to their talent. They have great coaching. Selecting a winner is just a guessing game anyway. Stanford is a reasonable guess. And this is a UCONN team that can beat Baylor and South Carolina, but lose to Arkansas. I know who I want to win the next two games, but that has no bearing on the outcome either. So I cover my head, hide in the closet, and await the outcomes. Go UCONN !
And they lost to an unranked Colorado, and a suspect UCLA. Two in a row, by the way, something that hasn't happened to Uconn since what 1992??

Reaction Score
Some folks seem incensed that everyone is not constantly praising UConn. As far as
the rest of the country is concerned, the default position is usually "anybody but UConn".

Do you blame them? That's how I've always felt about the Yankees.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Voepel isn’t picking us?
Shocked Hot Tea GIF by Prodigal Son

Reaction Score
Who this recruit Voepel, how highly ranked is she, and why would she want to play for Stanford instead of UConn???

Reaction Score
I’m starting to get anxious Naturally the media are focusing on Dawn and Barnes and Gino and Paige.
Meanwhile I picture Tara in my head lurking quietly and methodically working on game plans and keeping everything close to her chest .
Im not underestimating AZ but I’m going to need a good shot of Tonyc optimism tomorrow and hopefully Sunday

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Geno >>>>>> Tara

She can't win

1992 was a lifetime ago

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Why rain on my daydreams? Just kidding. As for South Carolina absent a huge fitness regime Boston isn't all that much, though they have some stellar guards coming in next year. I see them as the biggest threat next year. If Azzi's knees hold up the combination Azzi, Kid Bueckers and Firing Fudd, Ducharme, Poff The Magic Dragon CW Nika and (hopefully) Evina provide an unheard of amount of fire power.
Poff the Magic Dragon . . .

lives by the three . . .

Reaction Score
I’m not a fan of MV. She is a talented writer, but seems to go out of her way to dislike UConn. Her problem, not ours! Geno and our gals are really just simply lovable! MV not so much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom