Voepel on the Summitt book | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Voepel on the Summitt book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I second.

With Cam's $10,000 contribution, the regular posters can dine at the Aqua Turf or travel with the team to their next preseason trip to Europe or the Caribbean. And when we return, our hardworking mods will have a new WCBB premium board up and ready for us to refuse to pay for based on their new subscriber metrics.

I'm frankly disappointed that this thread grew to 3 pages debating the professional integrity of Mechelle Voepel without noting that "journalist"/co-author/shill Sally Jenkins subtitled Pat's book, Sum It Up: 1,098 Victories, a Couple of Irrelevant Losses, and a Life in Perspective.

Sort of leaves 0-4 hanging out like a big matzo ball there.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Was one of Pat's rumored accusations that Geno was homophobic in recruiting, or that he was accusing Pat of being homophobic?

Reaction Score
Geno once said, and I am not quoting exactly ,that he only cared about them as players and did not care who they dated.

Reaction Score
Was one of Pat's rumored accusations that Geno was homophobic in recruiting, or that he was accusing Pat of being homophobic?

I'm going to assume that geno isn't so dumb as to accuse a lesbian of being homophobic.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I'm going to assume that geno isn't so dumb as to accuse a lesbian of being homophobic.

Stop the PRESSES... what?! When did Pat come out?! And how did I miss it?!

Reaction Score
Stop the PRESSES... what?! When did Pat come out?! And how did I miss it?!

I don't believe she "came out" in a formal way. But her orientation is well known.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I don't believe she "came out" in a formal way. But her orientation is well known.

I've thought this for years, but never thought I'd ever actually know.. I wish she would then

Reaction Score
Why? I see no need.

I dont think Tara has ever formally announced either, but everyone knows too. There's a difference between being in the closet and merely living openly without holding a press conference.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Why? I see no need.

I dont think Tara has ever formally announced either, but everyone knows too. There's a difference between being in the closet and merely living openly without holding a press conference.

Because I think, especially in a place like Knoxville, TN, that it would open many close-minded people's eyes.

Reaction Score
I imagine that Knoxville is fairly liberal place, particularly compared to the rest of TN.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
That's like saying I'm the best Kentuckian hockey player you ever met. Both statements may be true, but, it's not a demanding standard.

Reaction Score
Wait.....refresh my memory. Why do we care what the sexual orientation of women's basketball coaches is?? Does that mean we should also care about a players.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I don't believe we do about either. What we do care about is hypocrisy, especially when exhibited repeatedly. When you have a coach, fan base, and school that complain to the NCAA about your alledged violations when they themselves are committing far more, that's hypocritical. When the same fan base cast repeated aspersions on the "Christian purity" (my choice of phrase) about your coachs' and your players /ethics/language/ lady-like demeanor/nationality/honesty, when their head coach was living a lie for decades, well, that's hypocritical too. Having been "brought up" in Kentucky, in my experience, when confronted with an "unpleasant truth" such as their beloved coach not being what she portrayed, the good, southern folk simply...ignore it. It's uncomfortable, it shakes their belief system, so, they simply pretend it's not there.

Speaking for myself, I don't give a damn about a coach's orientation, a player's, nor a fans'. What I object too - strenuously - is folks' claiming the moral high ground as justification for their actions & attitudes, and then, suddenly, getting very quiet when these same "failings" come home to roost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom