Vitale "Says Huskies Bounce Back" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vitale "Says Huskies Bounce Back"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love Vitale -- I really do, I think he's done a lot for the sport -- but his written work is so free of substance it literally makes me laugh. I was actually chuckling as I read that, from the attention-grabbing opener ("I was recently having dinner out with a couple of buddies. The conversation turned to college basketball" -- no kidding, you discuss college basketball with your friends?) to the lack of a single statistic, to the 4-line write-up for each team.

It's like when Larry King would free-associate for USA Today once a week. (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/96/96rlarryking1.phtml)

I really hope Vitale doesn't get paid for this; I hope their agreement just says that Vitale gets paid for his TV work but ESPN.com will publish anything he writes.
Don't be so hard on the old man. He is old and senile but he always throws UConn a bone!!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The guy is so old his hands probably hurt from typing too much, so he keeps his written insights to a minimum.
Still managed to get his "diaper dandy" comment in there though.
Um, squirt, some of us are Vitale vintage and manage a little typing like a novel here or there or nonsense posts on the internet:cool:

Reaction Score
diaper dandy continues to be the creepiest term in sports

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'll take the positive talk any day of the week. How many young people read this online? It is good for UConn basketball with continued name recognition

Reaction Score
he's really going out on a limb with that prediction, I mean even Gary Parrish thinks we're a top 25 team.

Reaction Score
Vitale is fine and is what he is. Positive UConn stuff welcome and anything that's too much hype is not necessary nor is it good for a team looking to find chemistry. Patience my friends, patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom