Vital | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So far I like him. Pleasant surprise with no expectations coming into the season. Plays with confidence and not afraid to make a mistake. Need to see more but so far so good. Much rather see him out there than Purvis. Now we just need Adams to be that player he was expected to be coming out of school.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He's got a shooters mentality and for someone that young to screw up and come right back with confidence is HUGE
I like his game so far
I just don't understand the layup issue, however, in watching many CBB games in past 2 weeks - I've seen so many missed layups and chippies - and not just UConn

Reaction Score
I'd like to see him become a better finisher, but he's a nice player. He's tough, and a good 3&D guy.

If Rodney continues to be passive and inconsistent, I'd like to see Vital eat into his minutes.
I think Christian needs to take Rodney's 3's and Rodney needs to take his layups... not that Purv has been consistent with his layups either

Reaction Score
So far Vital has been the biggest positive surprise for me on this year's team. He plays fearlessly, both ways, on a team blanketed in timidity. He makes mistakes but doesn't get down on himself and stays aggressive. We are getting a tremendous number of open looks from the arc - after all the bad shooting everyone else is afraid to pull the trigger, but not this kid. If he's set and open and the ball comes to him he's gonna knock it down - at least that's his attitude. After watching Jackson, Larrier and Purvis get open looks and then turn them down with pump fakes before passing the ball to someone else, it 's nice to see a player with the onions to let 'em loose.

H

huskymagic

I like what I have seen from Vital. He should be playing in crunch time for us along with Adams, larrier, Brimah, and either Purvis or Vance. I feel bad for Alterique but I think him going down with a shoulder injury again might be a blessing in disguise as Vital plays much better with Adams then Gilbert or Purvis and fits better in the team concept. He understands his role, his limitations, and doesn't turn the ball over with erratic dribbling. I think we will come together as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom