Vital | The Boneyard

Vital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Like him but he just cost us 5 points with a missed bunny...probably will be the difference in the game

Reaction Score
I'd like to see him become a better finisher, but he's a nice player. He's tough, and a good 3&D guy.

If Rodney continues to be passive and inconsistent, I'd like to see Vital eat into his minutes.

Reaction Score
Of course he missed that lay in. And of course LMU cans a three after that. That's just the way this season is going. All 20 LMU students in the student section are going crazy.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Twice he cost us 5 points. 2 missed layups resulting in 3's at the other end.

Reaction Score
Like his assertiveness.

His shot isn't golden yet, but when defense gives him something, he takes it.
Can't make a lay up to save his life. Both bricks on break aways led to three on the other end. That's ten points.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty excited about Vital. He isn't finishing layups he should make but the kid has dog in him. He plays hard all the time, isn't afraid to take what the D gives him, D's up hard and can shoot it some. There is more there than his ranking, this isn't Beverly or Austrie.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm pretty excited about Vital. He isn't finishing layups he should make but the kid has dog in him. He plays hard all the time, isn't afraid to take what the D gives him, D's up hard and can shoot it some. There is more there than his ranking, this isn't Beverly or Austrie.

I think Austrie is a good comparison for him, never was a star but provided solid offense and facilitation skills and worked well with players who were more explosive.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I think he'll be better than Austrie

I'd be over the moon if he is. I don't want to ratchet the expectations too high, especially because of the players of Vital's type we've recruited Austrie is probably the most successful.

It really goes to show what an inexact science recruiting is. No disrespect to Facey, but in him you have a guy who's Top 100 and NY Gatorade POY as a senior, and here we have a 3 star CG who was originally committed to UNLV who will probably have an infinitely greater impact on the program over his four years than Facey did. KO and his staff are facing a lot of deserved criticism, but props to them for isolating Vital once he decommitted and getting him into the program.

Reaction Score
I think Austrie is a good comparison for him, never was a star but provided solid offense and facilitation skills and worked well with players who were more explosive.
More upside than Craig.

Reaction Score
I'd be over the moon if he is. I don't want to ratchet the expectations too high, especially because of the players of Vital's type we've recruited Austrie is probably the most successful.

It really goes to show what an inexact science recruiting is. No disrespect to Facey, but in him you have a guy who's Top 100 and NY Gatorade POY as a senior, and here we have a 3 star CG who was originally committed to UNLV who will probably have an infinitely greater impact on the program over his four years than Facey did. KO and his staff are facing a lot of deserved criticism, but props to them for isolating Vital once he decommitted and getting him into the program.
Vital was first team all New England last year. If you are first team in the best high school basketball league in the country you can really play.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Vital was first team all New England last year. If you are first team in the best high school basketball league in the country you can really play.

For sure. I think that going forward, it will become even more important for our staff to identify top local talent and bring it to Storrs. The more solid contributors we can bring in from NEPSAC Class AAA and AA the better.

Reaction Score
Like this kid. Missed lay ups or not we will see what he's made of, he will get plenty of time now. He looks to being out there and I believe we will be very happy we caught him on the rebound from UNLV.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I'd like to see him not be so quick to put up 3's, but I do like his willingness to take them. Hope to see more driving and dishing as the season progresses. Good thing we have him. We could use another back up point guard as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom