Vital on Multiple Blowouts | The Boneyard

Vital on Multiple Blowouts

Reaction Score

He gets it

Ya, well you know what else is disrespectful to Uconn? These young adults (who continue to) run their mouths about Ollie on twitter. These boosters who are too blind to see how bad of shape this program is in. This clown running the ncaa who almost seems more keen to hurt Uconn rather than go after sex offenders at msu or sex offenses at lville or paying players at zona or auburn, etc....

Reaction Score
Vital is my favorite player on the team and its not cause of his play (obviously.) Hes not afraid of well, anything. He picks up all the stuff that doesnt show up on the stat line and seems to get the most hype/dissappointed when things go good/bad. Yeah hes a runaway train but at least hes putting in effort.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Nice quote, but it'd be even better if he didn't take so many awful shots himself.
That is true. However, it seems to me he and Adams force shots up to try and get back in the game. other teammates seem to have a difficult time. Ever notice Vital either getting the rebounds or fighting for one on both ends? He is a fighter. Never mind a 7th man with a good coach, I would like to see him start with a good coach.

Reaction Score
Vital is my favorite player on the team and its not cause of his play (obviously.) Hes not afraid of well, anything. He picks up all the stuff that doesnt show up on the stat line and seems to get the most hype/dissappointed when things go good/bad. Yeah hes a runaway train but at least hes putting in effort.
He certainly has the biggest pair no doubt. Captain material for sure. Just needs to be smarter. But I sometimes get why he does what he does as I feel that they need to gamble every game for points at some point and he being the most cold blooded guy may as well go get em. He’s not afraid of the consequences. If we lost a bunch of 3 point games it would be a different story.

Reaction Score
I like the fact that he "Gets It!" The play of the current Huskies is not up to the UConn Way that we would like for them to be playing. Something has to click for our players. Hopefully this is the spark. A player calling them out. We will see.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He’s brave and he plays hard.

I can’t fault his effort, but he’s being asked to do more than he is capable of doing.

Reaction Score

I can’t fault his effort, but he’s being asked to do more than he is
capable of doing.

I agree, he should be coming off the bench. Shot the 3 play some D. Bad shot selection to the bench.

Though he needs to hold himself accountable for better shot selection.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This can't be what we are celebrating that someone on the team "gets it" They play major D1 basketball this is to be expected. We has fans have fallen with the program, we no longer hold these teams to the standard of past UConn teams. So, great Vital "gets it" hope his play on the court reflects that next time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Ya, well you know what else is disrespectful to Uconn? These young adults (who continue to) run their mouths about Ollie on twitter. These boosters who are too blind to see how bad of shape this program is in. This clown running the ncaa who almost seems more keen to hurt Uconn rather than go after sex offenders at msu or sex offenses at lville or paying players at zona or auburn, etc....
I actually have to agree with you on that first part. I hate when there are people who flood anything the school does on social media with “blah blah Ollie has to go blah back in my day blah.” I am by no means pro Ollie at this point and voice my opinions here but that is way different the idiots on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter who attack any post by the school with “fire Ollie” or “the men suck.” The poor people running these accounts can’t even post an adorable picture of Jonathon XIV without seeing this crap. Worst part is these people think they’re some geniuses for noticing the team has gone to crap. Poopyheads.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This kid gets it.

Meanwhile our head coaches response to the sharp criticism: "It's all good vibes". LMAO.

Reaction Score

I can’t fault his effort, but he’s being asked to do more than he is capable of doing.

Can't really give an honest assessment like that with the coaching situation being what it is.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Really, really too bad Vital wasn't/isn't around for the good times of UConn basketball.
He is the perfect mold of a guy who could be a huge spark off the bench on a very good UConn team of old, and could step up if someone went down.
Unfortunately he is number 2/3 in our pecking order in the current UConn basketball reality.
Should be a number 6/7 guy on a great UConn team.

Reaction Score
Really, really too bad Vital wasn't/isn't around for the good times of UConn basketball.
He is the perfect mold of a guy who could be a huge spark off the bench on a very good UConn team of old, and could step up if someone went down.
Unfortunately he is number 2/3 in our pecking order in the current UConn basketball reality.
Should be a number 6/7 guy on a great UConn team.

My thoughts exactly. Love Vital, by far my favorite player on the team. However, he’s really been thrown into his role. He’s been either a second or third scoring option both years when really he would be an ideal first guard off the bench.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This kid gets it.

Meanwhile our head coaches response to the sharp criticism: "It's all good vibes". LMAO.
Unless I'm wrong about the word "meanwhile," or, "It's all good vibes" was said tonight, you DON'T get it.
You are a master at dropping bad comments into a good thread.
Don't laugh your ass off while your head is still in it. It compounds the problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom