Vital gets... nothing. AAC Awards | The Boneyard

Vital gets... nothing. AAC Awards

Reaction Score
Send these articles to CV. It's the proper response.

TAMPA – Kevin Freeman got off the Connecticut team charter flight that stopped on the tarmac at Tampa International Airport Wednesday night and strode purposely toward the team bus. Inside the terminal, a small contingent of sign-carrying Huskie fans tried to get the player’s attention. Freeman didn’t notice.

There is an irony in this. For most of his three years with the Huskies, Freeman has gone relatively unnoticed. The final indignity came earlier this month when Freeman, who averaged 12.6 points and 7.3 rebounds for a team that was never ranked lower than fourth nationally, wasn’t voted to the All-Big East team.

Not the first team. Not the second team. Not even the third team.

“I called him into my office to talk about it because I knew how disappointed he was,” Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun said. “Kevin had worked so hard, I didn’t want that to throw him off.”

Instead of throwing Freeman off, the snub fired him up. He led the Huskies to the Big East Conference Tournament championship by averaging 17.3 points on 63.6 percent shooting and grabbing 14 rebounds in three games.

Afterward he jokingly questioned if the coaches wanted to re-vote.

Reaction Score
Ostrout is wrong! Even though First Team was announced yesterday for CV, it's still a big honor.

Screenshot_20200311-121415.png

This thread is all incorrect. CV got First Team and Bouk got Third Team and All Freshman Team.

Congrats to CV and Bouk!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just more motivation if we get the opportunity to play Cincinnati, I think this team is locked in right now, but any extra edge never hurt.

Reaction Score
I thought poy meant you helped your team win games Uconn 7-2 last 9 games Memphis 4-5 last nine games. AAC just a joke don’t want to give Uconn respect because they are out the door be ready for Thursday when vital takes it out on Tulane.

Reaction Score
Well he led the league in steals, so he could certainly have won defensive player of the year. He led the league in win shares, so he could easily have been POTY.

If I'm reading correctly he did get 1st team all conference and that's damn good and truly deserving. I hope he was a close 2nd in the POY award at least.

As far as defensive player he's not even the best on his team so that wasn't happening anyway but Scott winning all 3 of those is kinda ridiculous.

Congrats to CV on 1st team well done!

Reaction Score
Achiuwa prob the best nba talent in the league but he didn’t help his team win games down the stretch. Put up good numbers but look at their free fall. People think Memphis was the most disappointing team in the country but your going to give a guy on their team aac player of the year.

Reaction Score
We all knew Vital was going to get stiffed because we're leaving the AAC.

League gave it to Precious to get more 1 and done talent in the gyms. Ain't gonna work outside of Memphis--and who knows how long that'll last.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
he was first team all conference, what more do you want?
Yes and deserving so
He is also AAC PYO - he meant more to UConn than Precious did to Memphis - Precious was surrounded by better players
BTW - was Sott's mother, brother, sister, father on the award voting committee? Ridiculous the awards he received

Enjoy the AAC in all those years ahead!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom