Villanova | The Boneyard

Villanova

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I have read every piece on tournament teams I could find and have noticed there is very little convo about Villanova. I have them going “all the way” to quote Howard. St Peter’s, Creighton and Gonzaga are all my favs now our good guys are busy working on next year.

Reaction Score
They're boring insofar as they're a perennially good team, but this isn't their best team in the last few years. They won their conference tournament, but not regular season. They got a 2 seed, which is inherently boring compared to being a 1, but also their predictive numbers are closer to a 3 seed, so nobody wants to think of them as a sleeping giant. Tennessee was egregiously underseeded as a 3 seed in their region, so they soaked up a lot of airtime in discussion of the sub-region Nova is in.

They also played a style this season that can be prone to upsets (slow paced, reliant on 3's, good but not great defense). Zona and Tennessee are both formidable and they'll likely have to go through both (Zona has a pretty easy draw so they will be very likely to be in E8).

On the other hand, they can definitely win it all. They've got the elite guard play and coaching necessary to go far in March. They are within striking range of being in the 20/20 KenPom club, they just have to turn up their D.

Reaction Score
they can easily get to final 4. there's a weekend morning villanova basketball show here in philly that makes me want to vomit. i guess hotford has the same for the huskies

edit: penn state football here is absolute torture

MJ1

Reaction Score
Nova beat Tennessee early in the year at Mohegan Sun.

Reaction Score
Sorry watched them get away with murder again on D versus the Blue Hens today. Holds, knees, chest and bumps all over the place that is somehow allowed for them on D. Can’t lose fast enough for me.

Reaction Score
Sorry watched them get away with murder again on D versus the Blue Hens today. Holds, knees, chest and bumps all over the place that is somehow allowed for them on D. Can’t lose fast enough for me.
Have to root for this league… not before us, but now in place of us. The further they all go, the better for us.

Reaction Score
Have to root for this league… not before us, but now in place of us. The further they all go, the better for us.

I get it 68 but I don’t have to and won’t. But certainly the Big East needs wins.

Reaction Score
No way does any Husky fan want Nova to win #4 and Jay to get #3
If it was dook or uncheat I’d agree. I respect the game Villanova plays. Don’t always like it, but do respect it. We’ll get #5 before they do.

Reaction Score
Used to root conference all the time in the OBE and I saw where that ended up getting us. Villanova can lose every day of the week and twice on Friday.

Reaction Score
Used to root conference all the time in the OBE and I saw where that ended up getting us. Villanova can lose every day of the week and twice on Friday.
If you changed Villanova to BC, I’m with you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom