Villanova Postgame Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Villanova Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
CW.."We needed that loss".
Whatever it took.
She was out there with Mir, Piath, Saylor and Aubrey. Autumn is hurt. Anna likely hit her minutes restriction (15 after 10 yesterday). There’s nobody left among bench players other than AE and trying to run plays without a guard.

What those minutes did do was give her some possessions running the offense without a point guard, so it’s helpful moving forward.
That, well explained, plus Christyn is a stopper to keep the opponent from dominating the final few minutes, keeping them from running off 10-15 quick points, demoralizing our subs.

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Villanova game:
  • Once again UConn’s defense was suffocating, holding Nova to only 39 pts on 15/61 shooting. Add in some beautiful offensive execution by the Huskies to start the game, and this one was over early.
  • For the second day in a row, Christyn gets the toughest defensive assignment, this time holding the BE's leading scorer to 3 pts on 1/10 shooting. At the same time Christyn looks really good on offense, whether she's attacking the basket or knocking down 3's, going 11/17 with 26 pts.
  • Aaliyah may have set the single game record for floor burns today. You know Geno loves that kind of hustle from his BIGs.
  • At least once or more a game, Paige comes up with one of those “Pick 6” steals and layups. She reminds me of an NFL cornerback sitting on a pass route.
  • UConn was only 9th in the BE in FT percentage. Today they were 20/23.
  • The Huskies looked absolutely fantastic today. Everyone had fun. More importantly, everyone is healthy. Really looking forward to tomorrow night’s game.
I didn't think that Saylor Poffenbarger particularly flashed but, otherwise, I agree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom