Villanova Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Villanova Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Villanova game:
  • Once again UConn’s defense was suffocating, holding Nova to only 39 pts on 15/61 shooting. Add in some beautiful offensive execution by the Huskies to start the game, and this one was over early.
  • For the second day in a row, Christyn gets the toughest defensive assignment, this time holding the BE's leading scorer to 3 pts on 1/10 shooting. At the same time Christyn looks really good on offense, whether she's attacking the basket or knocking down 3's, going 11/17 with 26 pts.
  • Aaliyah may have set the single game record for floor burns today. You know Geno loves that kind of hustle from his BIGs.
  • At least once or more a game, Paige comes up with one of those “Pick 6” steals and layups. She reminds me of an NFL cornerback sitting on a pass route.
  • UConn was only 9th in the BE in FT percentage. Today they were 20/23.
  • The Huskies looked absolutely fantastic today. Everyone had fun. More importantly, everyone is healthy. Really looking forward to tomorrow night’s game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Villanova game:
  • Once again UConn’s defense was suffocating, holding Nova to only 39 pts on 15/60 shooting. Add in some beautiful offensive execution by the Huskies to start the game, and this one was over early.
  • For the second day in a row, Christyn gets the toughest defensive assignment, this time holding the BE's leading scorer to 3 pts on 1/10 shooting. At the same time Christyn looks really good on offense, whether she's attacking the basket or knocking down 3's, going 11/17 with 26 pts.
  • Aaliyah may have set the single game record for floor burns today. You know Geno loves that kind of hustle from his BIGs.
  • At least once or more a game, Paige comes up with one of those “Pick 6” steals and layups. She reminds me of an NFL cornerback sitting on a pass route.
  • UConn was only 9th in the BE on FT percentage. Today they were 20/23.
  • The Huskies looked absolutely fantastic today. Everyone had fun. More importantly, everyone is healthy. Really looking forward to tomorrow night’s game.
Also there's the Nika surprise appearance, looking like her "hey no problem!" self. Too much!

Reaction Score
Great game, glad to see Nika back, CW was great, Ono proves she’s first team BE, Evina was Evina, Aubrey was Aubrey, Paige was Paige, Anna didn’t shoot but played solid defense and grabbed four boards and actually got to shoot free throws—when does that happen?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Defense - Defense - Defense. Completely took Nova out of their game. Christyn did a great job defending Siegrist. The turn around from the Arkansas game has been impressive.

Nika starting and her smile made the game.

Bring on the Golden Eagles. Time to pluck some feathers.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Defense - Defense - Defense. Completely took Nova out of their game. Christyn did a great job defending Siegrist. The turn around from the Arkansas game has been impressive.

Nika starting and her smile made the game.

Bring on the Golden Eagles. Time to pluck some feathers.
Nika has a lovely smile, but I don't think I like the idea of her smiling right before the game. It sends the wrong message....... :cool:

Reaction Score
I like this game so much, that I fell asleep and missed the 4th quarter. They looked good to me. Most important to me was the defense was well done by UConn. Lucky that they, V, could not get any 3's, because UConn defense stopped them from going inside. Thought everyone played well. Could not get over Nika running up and down and everywhere like nothing happened yesterday.

Reaction Score
One of the most dominate defenses seen this or past years. In addition to the many, well deserved, positives for the entire team:
-We faced two of the worst sets of guards the past two games I remember. Against St. Johns, they couldn't drive by anyone and Villanova looked like they had recruited at the local Jr. High.
-While the Villanova coach seems to have done a good job to get this far, she made absolutely no adjustments today. Her offense started far from the basket the entire game, few screens, few isolations for her top players. Since you were dominated the first half, you would think a few adjustments were in order the 2nd.
-When ONO reviews the game and sees how Williams and Edwards use their strength to make layups, hope she recommits to weight training. I love ONO and feel we are lucky to have her but cringe at some of her weak takes to the basket.
-Concerned if the refs continue to call it close, as likely they will. Nika has made a career the last few games running through her player to steal passes. Was obvious early on this would not work.

Reaction Score
Very impressive game by the huskies. I couldn’t be happier with the way they are so tough now on defense and the movement defensively was a thing of beauty today. Kudos to the team amd their development. I want to also give a shout out to Nika on playing today. Shes tough and helps bring that toughness out of her teammates as well.
  • CWill - great game. All of her shots were good today. Even though she couldn’t finish a couple of drives you gotta love her aggressiveness and her defense has gotten much better this year. So happy for her. I hope that she keeps playing PEAK CWill throughout march madness
  • Liv- I think Liv is really found her role and is excelling at it. Her offensive flow and shot/playmaking is making this offense so hard to stop. Her high low with AE is a thing of beauty and her out of bounds play with Paige was perfectly executed. Loving her confidence right now.
  • Paige - solid game. Missed a few gimmees today but overall very solid game. She’s not at top form but I expect to see her game get there soon
  • Nika - kudos to her in playing and seems to be playing without significant hindrance. I couldn’t believe that she was in the starting lineup but this kid is tough tough tough. Played great defense and is a solid free throw shooter.
  • Evina - played within herself. No complaints here
  • AE - played tough as usual and love that she’s making that 15 footer now with ease
  • AG - wonderful game by her. Aggressive on offense and suffocating on defense. That ball she caught in the air from E was highligh reel stuff and she finished as well
  • Glad to see Anna get minutes I thought she moved better today and I hope once she gets into better shape she will take more shots because I think you can see that she can run the offense and passes well. Just the right time now for her to get back in the action
  • Mir - liked her energy and played good defense. She needs to work on a midrange and not look to go up for contested layups. But she looks better than a few weeks ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom