Villanova line | The Boneyard

Villanova line

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Think Vegas has caught up with us, no more freebies

I understood the large line vs Georgetown, they've been getting blown away. But 14.5 to Nova is steep. If you want to play this game, maybe you should wait, would surprise me if this line dropped 1-3 points.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
wow. Dont know what to think about that.

Reaction Score
That is an insane seeming line. Are we an NBA team? People have gotten carried away. Now if all shots are falling OK but that’s just crazy, I saw Nova’s last game.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Think Vegas has caught up with us, no more freebies

I understood the large line vs Georgetown, they've been getting blown away. But 14.5 to Nova is steep. If you want to play this game, maybe you should wait, would surprise me if this line dropped 1-3 points.

would NOT surprise me

FWIW; When you go 13-2 ATS with all double digit blowouts, including games vs some very good teams and a couple of legitimate road win blowouts, this is what happens

And the college basketball world knows Jay Wright is not walking through that door

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd love to have the energy to research when was the last time UConn was favored by that much over Nova. Or, when was the last time Nova was favored by that much over UConn.

But I don't have that kind of energy, so I'll just say, wow it's probably been a hot minute since either team was favored by that much.

Reaction Score
Very interesting. That's actually a fair line considering UCONN has won every game by double digits and are home. Nova has been better of late, I can see this going either way.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry guys I hammered Nova +14.5.

Yes, Nova is 7-5. Yes, we're at home. Yes, we've blown out a lot of teams.

But we're also coming off of Christmas break, having just played a close conference game at home against a far worse opponent, and Villanova (even without Wright) is much more familiar with us and better coached than a lot of those teams we beat by 20.

I see this game played in a 6-10 point margin throughout and they're too disciplined to let us go on that big run to expand the lead to 18.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised see this line bet down to 12.5 or so. If you want to bet UConn, sit tight and you may get a better line tomorrow.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’m not touching that either way. Novas not very deep so it could also be a very close game that we stretch at the very end.

Reaction Score
wow. Dont know what to think about that.
I don't know what to think about that in terms of betting (I never bet UConn games), but I know what to feel about it generally: AWESOME.

The players, coaching staff and everyone else involved with the team has earned this. Yes, it's only December, but still, it feels AWESOME for this team to be playing as well as they have.

The only line I care about are the lines Cocaine Bear are cutting tomorrow.

1672151074894.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't know what to think about that in terms of betting (I never bet UConn games), but I know what to feel about it generally: AWESOME.

The players, coaching staff and everyone else involved with the team has earned this. Yes, it's only December, but still, it feels AWESOME for this team to be playing as well as they have.

The only line I care about are the lines Cocaine Bear are cutting tomorrow.

View attachment 82379
That's crazy high. Wtf?

Well played @Mr. Wonderful

Reaction Score
I’m not touching that either way. Novas not very deep so it could also be a very close game that we stretch at the very end.
That's possible, but you could mitigate that by live-betting UConn -7.5 or whatever when it's a 5 point margin in the second half and give you a pretty good landing strip to jackpot (albeit with a modest loss outside of that range).

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s that crazy. Villanova isn’t better than Alabama. Their defense is mediocre and they have very little quality depth coming off the bench. It’s not disrespect to Nova…we’re just that good.

Nova is going to have to have an insane shooting night (like Georgetown) if they want to keep this game close

Reaction Score
Nova is going to have to have an insane shooting night (like Georgetown) if they want to keep this game close
Agreed, which will be a tall task for Villanova as UConn's perimeter D is currently elite:

3rd in 3PA/FGA (25.3%)
12th in 3p% (27.0%)

A major reason for that is our overall length (43rd tallest team in the nation) and Sanogo's massive development in the high hedge.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s that crazy. Villanova isn’t better than Alabama. Their defense is mediocre and they have very little quality depth coming off the bench. It’s not disrespect to Nova…we’re just that good.

I agree with this. Not only did Gtown shoot lights out, they also outrebounded us by 12 and we only managed 5 offensive boards. That’s very unlikely to happen against Nova with their size.

I actually think this is one of those trap lines for the public and wouldn’t be surprised to see 85%+ of the public be on Nova.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agreed, which will be a tall task for Villanova as UConn's perimeter D is currently elite:

3rd in 3PA/FGA (25.3%)
12th in 3p% (27.0%)

A major reason for that is our overall length (43rd tallest team in the nation) and Sanogo's massive development in the high hedge.

Gotta be more subtle in your troll game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom