Villanova beats 1Kansas | The Boneyard

Villanova beats 1Kansas

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Nova just pulled out a close win against the number one ranked team and Nova is still a few games ahead on schedule. I believe we can beat Them.

Reaction Score
Big day again so far for the Big East Conference.
Villanova over Kansas
Providence over Texas
Butler over Purdue
Georgetown over Samford

Three more tonight
Northwestern @ DePaul, 8:30, CBSSN -Ben Holden, Chris Walker & Jon Rothstein sidelines
Line: DePaul -6.5/136

Creighton @ Arizona State, 8:30, P12N/AZ - Daron Sutton, Eddie House
Line: Arizona State -3/149

St. John's vs. 16 Arizona (San Francisco), 10:00, ESPN2 - Dave Pasch, Bill Walton

Reaction Score
Good for our SoS either way.

That game is a gigantic signature win opportunity, and at this point I would almost consider it necessary for an at-large bid. Don't see too many paths to one with only notable wins in the AAC.

Reaction Score
That game is a gigantic signature win opportunity, and at this point I would almost consider it necessary for an at-large bid. Don't see too many paths to one with only notable wins in the AAC.
To be fair, a win at Memphis would be looked upon quite nicely by the committee.

Reaction Score
Big day again so far for the Big East Conference.
Villanova over Kansas
Providence over Texas
Butler over Purdue
Georgetown over Samford

Three more tonight
Northwestern @ DePaul, 8:30, CBSSN -Ben Holden, Chris Walker & Jon Rothstein sidelines
Line: DePaul -6.5/136

Creighton @ Arizona State, 8:30, P12N/AZ - Daron Sutton, Eddie House
Line: Arizona State -3/149

St. John's vs. 16 Arizona (San Francisco), 10:00, ESPN2 - Dave Pasch, Bill Walton
Clean sweep for the Big East yesterday 7-0! Pretty impressive!

Beating Kansas, Arizona, Texas, Purdue, Arizona State, Northwestern, & Samford all in one day, as Jimmy V once said, “that is a heck of a day!”.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s always a memorable victory to take down a #1

Reaction Score
Clean sweep for the Big East yesterday 7-0! Pretty impressive!

Beating Kansas, Arizona, Texas, Purdue, Arizona State, Northwestern, & Samford all in one day, as Jimmy V once said, “that is a heck of a day!”.
Samford?
we're seriously lumping Samford into this group?
They are probably ranked in the bottom 200-300.

I get the narrative, but that win isnt helping anything. it only avoids a disaster.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Samford?

I get the narrative, but that win isnt helping anything. it only avoids a disaster.

Pretty clear he was just naming the 7 schools that got beat, not trying to push a narrative...it'd be weird to say "the Big East went 7-0" and then list 6 teams...

Reaction Score
Out of the six "real" games. Four Big East schools were underdogs. St. John's win in San Francisco over Arizona was impressive.

Reaction Score
Samford?

Just stating who the Big East beat yesterday, just trying to be accurate.

Reaction Score
I respect the heck out of what Jay Wright has built it's very impressive. Having said that they have clearly found a way to become the Duke of the northeast. On defense they honestly get away with murder and Jay cries on every call as if they never touch anyone. As a matter of fact if the game is refereed as it should be he'd have guys in foul trouble early every game. They are the masters of getting beat off the dribble (Samuel and Gillespie especially) but using the 2 hand hip stop on the opponent and then playing defense with their pelvis and knees sideways as the offensive player drives straight to the hoop. I mean it happens a ton in their games. You can't be riding your guy sideways after he beats you, should be no contact (we'll a little but not keeping him from getting to the spot he has earned) but somehow they are allowed to. I'm guessing that because of their propensity to defend the refs feel they are great defenders always. Hard to beat them when they are allowed to be more physical than the other team right to the basket. Our guys constantly get that called on them. I think I will be yelling hard at the flat screen that game coming up in a few weeks huh? LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I respect the heck out of what Jay Wright has built it's very impressive. Having said that they have clearly found a way to become the Duke of the northeast. On defense they honestly get away with murder and Jay cries on every call as if they never touch anyone. As a matter of fact if the game is refereed as it should be he'd have guys in foul trouble early every game. They are the masters of getting beat off the dribble (Samuel and Gillespie especially) but using the 2 hand hip stop on the opponent and then playing defense with their pelvis and knees sideways as the offensive player drives straight to the hoop. I mean it happens a ton in their games. You can't be riding your guy sideways after he beats you, should be no contact (we'll a little but not keeping him from getting to the spot he has earned) but somehow they are allowed to. I'm guessing that because of their propensity to defend the refs feel they are great defenders always. Hard to beat them when they are allowed to be more physical than the other team right to the basket. Our guys constantly get that called on them. I think I will be yelling hard at the flat screen that game coming up in a few weeks huh? LOL
A page out of the Pat Ewing GTown days? They’d literally play defense fouling every opposing player every time down the court. Their admitted philosophy was that they knew that no ref would ever call every foul so they’d get away with hacking and stealing the ball while big John Thompson would rail away and intimidate any ref who dared to call a foul. Most hated team in basketball ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom