Villanova at Providence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Villanova at Providence

Who will win tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
If PC was a wide gap ahead of the #3 team, they wouldn't have just gone to OT against Depaul. They've executed in crunch time better than anyone this year - but the other 35 minutes of the games they have played nearly even basketball in 80% of their conference games. If there was a wide gap, they wouldn't have 8 games decided by less than 4 points.
Provy plays almost everyone close be it Q1 or Q4. Not great but at some point you are what your record says you are. Creighton is the #3 team in the Big East standings today. Creighton is 4-7 in Q1/Q2 games. Friars are 10-2. That seems like a gap.

If you are grading teams on who they take to OT or who gives whom a tough game in the Big East than you might be missing something.

Reaction Score
I like Nova only because I don't want them coming off a loss to PC before we play them again. (i expect them to beat G-town in between). the higher they are ranked the better for us.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to watching this one. Had it circled for a few weeks now. I jumped on the over 129.5...hope they score some points.

Reaction Score
PC is a very good team - I'd like to see them win.

Cooley has done a very good job with roster construction and have guys that fit what he wants to do and are complementary pieces. With all the pissing and moaning about roster construction on here what Cooley has done this year should be applauded.

Reaction Score
Lot of PC haters. My late Dad gradualted from PC and as a kid I remember watching Ernie D and Marvin Barnes on a snowy channel 11 from Wethersfield. You could still see Ernie D's brilliance in the college game.

Sucks that its on CBSSN, but boy am I happy UConn is Fox's darling.

At the rate I'm going, great red wine and frosty shots of Stoli, even if I got CBSSN in HD the game would be snowy for me. Love retirement!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did hell freeze over? This is the boneyard correct.....posters actually saying good things about PC....I haven't posted on here in a while ....this is crazy.
Plenty of posters have always rooted for Providence. A good PC is good for New England/northeast basketball and good for the Big East. It's you guys who have the hate/obsession.

Good luck tonight.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but PC and Villanova are the best teams in this league, and I think there's a wide gap to number 3. Those teams both have great balance and can score from all over the floor. And they execute in crunch time.
Disagree. But maybe I’m clouded by my hate for PC. I haven’t been impressed by PC’s play - and I think KenPom (as flawed as it might be) indicates the same. We’ll see - I’m not denying that I could be completely off here, but I think we’re better. I also think Xavier is better.

Reaction Score
I went pretty big on Nova -3.5. Not convinced in Providence. Lotta mirage behind that record. Depaul almost took them at the Dunk last week in OT.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Those Nova uniforms are terrible. Carry on.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I went pretty big on Nova -3.5. Not convinced in Providence. Lotta mirage behind that record. Depaul almost took them at the Dunk last week in OT.
How’d you get -3.5? It’s 4/4.5 everywhere I looked. I still don’t love it. That’s a rowdy crowd and hurt Gillespie. PC always covers as a dog.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
PC settling for some BAD shots. Shots that fell vs. most other teams.

Reaction Score
Where is the T on the Cooley? Hurley would have had been thrown out of the game for that outburst. LOL!

Reaction Score
Providence has no chance to win this game if Nova scores 90.

I have Providence ML +150, not feeling great right now. Fortunately, I dislike PC so not gonna feel too bad if they lose.

Reaction Score
Very entertaining game so far. With the way nova is playing, I think they’ll pull away in the second half. This is the best they’ve looked to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom