Villanova at Providence | The Boneyard

Villanova at Providence

Who will win tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I guess since 'Nova has three conference losses and PC has just one, we should be rooting for PC. :confused:

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
It hurts to have to root for either team, but go Nova.

Reaction Score
I guess since 'Nova has three conference losses and PC has just one, we should be rooting for PC. :confused:
given the fact that uconn is relatively unlikely to win the conference regular season with 5 losses already, my preferred outcome would be for pc and uconn as the 2 and 3 seeds and nova and marquette as the 1 and 4 seeds. that gives us the clearest path to the tournament championship, considering how hard marquette plays nova.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if Providence wins -- I still think they aren't one of the top 4 teams in the league, despite their win/loss record. BUT if they win, I'll eat crow and finally admit that Providence is a contender.

My guess -- Villanova by double-digits.

Reaction Score
I think Prov is playing a lot better than when we played them. I thought they were smoke and mirrors and catching teams like us and Seton Hall very short handed, until the game this weekend when they looked legit. I don't even think Watson is the key to their team now.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Seeing as were recruiting the same players as PC this cycle and they’ll likely be at the game I’m hoping PC gets blown out.

Reaction Score
Seeing as were recruiting the same players as PC this cycle and they’ll likely be at the game I’m hoping PC gets blown out.
Then Cooley will tell them, "see, if we had you we would have won this game".

UconnU

Reaction Score
I could barely stomach doing this but I ended up putting $ on PC getting 4.5 here after calling for them to be blown out. I was expecting like a pickem. Gillespie is playing hurt and the Dunk is going to be a madhouse tonight.

Reaction Score
PC fans are extra obnoxious because they haven't earned the right to be annoying yet. 1 tournament win in 25 years is just pathetic lmao

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I got a good chuckle from this:

I admit to enjoying the courtside PC students singing along to a Taylor Swift song during the DePaul game. I wish UConn would ring the court with students in no less than ⅔ of the closest seats. If big buck buys access to some rows in front of the kids, fine. Those people can be immersed in one-of-a-kind theatrics before & behind them.

Reaction Score
Am I seeing it right that this game is on CBSSN?

What a disaster for the league that a marquee matchup of Top 10 teams is on a channel nobody gets.
Thankfully I added this channel because UConn has the Seton Hall game on it coming up.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Am I seeing it right that this game is on CBSSN?

What a disaster for the league that a marquee matchup of Top 10 teams is on a channel nobody gets.
The lead-up game on CBSSN is Kent State vs Toledo. I would laugh but this isn’t good for the conference. Need to drop the CBS conference games.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Thankfully I added this channel because UConn has the Seton Hall game on it coming up.
I tried adding it before our last game on the network but spectrum has it in some absurdly expensive package. Ugh.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if Providence wins -- I still think they aren't one of the top 4 teams in the league, despite their win/loss record. BUT if they win, I'll eat crow and finally admit that Providence is a contender.

My guess -- Villanova by double-digits.
Sorry, but PC and Villanova are the best teams in this league, and I think there's a wide gap to number 3. Those teams both have great balance and can score from all over the floor. And they execute in crunch time.

Reaction Score
PC will win by double digits. Unless I put money on it... then they'll lose or win by 1 point less than they are giving.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but PC and Villanova are the best teams in this league, and I think there's a wide gap to number 3. Those teams both have great balance and can score from all over the floor. And they execute in crunch time.
If PC was a wide gap ahead of the #3 team, they wouldn't have just gone to OT against Depaul. They've executed in crunch time better than anyone this year - but the other 35 minutes of the games they have played nearly even basketball in 80% of their conference games. If there was a wide gap, they wouldn't have 8 games decided by less than 4 points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom