Video: Post-game highlights from UConn filmmakers | The Boneyard

Video: Post-game highlights from UConn filmmakers

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'd like to see one of these after each of our games. I like it. One thing that struck me as I watched this video. Have you noticed that Aubrey has great hands? She seldom if ever fumbles a pass whether on the move or stationary. Napheesa Collier had great hands, and very seldom fumbled a pass, even bad ones. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great stuff .. Wish I could attend a live game

Is this handshake line done at every game?

1670100870273.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'd like to see one of these after each of our games. I like it. One thing that struck me as I watched this video. Have you noticed that Aubrey has great hands? She seldom if ever fumbles a pass whether on the move or stationary. Napheesa Collier had great hands, and very seldom fumbled a pass, even bad ones. ;)
Ask and ye shall receive, O Turbaned One.

Iowa

Carnac

Reaction Score
Thanks Nan. Keep these coming. :cool: Just wish they were longer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After I saw this video on Facebook, I was wondering the same thing.
Hope someone answers your question.
I have seen a few where there is no hand shake before start of game.

Reaction Score
It is not traditionally a part of opening ceremonies. It may have been added because they were celebrating 50 years of Title IX during pregame.

50 years WOW!! Made me think of a handful of people who did not benefit.

Joan Joyce

Also, I knew 2 girls in High School who were gifted athletes. One girl was in my neighborhood and she was always picked first in football pickup. She would play QB and threw the most beautiful ball.

Carnac

Reaction Score
@Carnac

Princeton

Nice win for us. I had a doctor's appointment at the same day/time of this game. I listened to the game via the Varsity app. I have not seen the replay, and probably won't. I've viewed the highlights, but refrained from commenting on the game. The Maryland game will be interesting. I have no idea who will be available or who will attempt to step up and carry the team. Over 90% of the prognosticators in our Boneyard prognosticators thread are picking Maryland tomorrow. That in itself is unprecedented. I'm going to pass on predicting a score on this one. If I did, I would join the 90% who is picking Maryland. I don't like to pick against UConn, but that's the way I read the tea leaves for this game. Geno won't have a bench tomorrow. He'll be lucky to put 5 healthy players on the floor to begin the game.

Anything can happen, but it's difficult to see how UConn or any other team can go into the Xfinity Center (Maryland), with only two healthy starters (Aaliyah & Aubrey) and expect to win. The UConn women's BB team is starting to resemble a MASH unit. The Notre Dame/Lafayette game Thursday was postponed reportedly because of COVID-19 issues. Perhaps this game should be postponed or canceled also. It can always be made up later in the season or next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Evina once referred to Aubrey's physical talents as unique ("E" said it differently). I think, among her many talents, Aubrey
has the gift of great hands. Check out any of the Post Game Pressers with Aubrey sitting
with her hands folded in front of her. Not only does she have long fingers, but to my eyes, also "long"
palms. Great stuff for catching passes from Nika and snaring those rebounds. Nice to have her
in the Huskie family... GO Aubrey.!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yes, I've been thinking about this, too. She is most impressive when she is snagging passes while running full speed, especially if the pass is low.

It is remarkable what an athlete she is. Even more so when you consider she's doing this after back surgery.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Nice win for us. I had a doctor's appointment at the same day/time of this game. I listened to the game via the Varsity app. I have not seen the replay, and probably won't. I've viewed the highlights, but refrained from commenting on the game. The Maryland game will be interesting. I have no idea who will be available or who will attempt to step up and carry the team. Over 90% of the prognosticators in our Boneyard prognosticators thread are picking Maryland tomorrow. That in itself is unprecedented. I'm going to pass on predicting a score on this one. If I did, I would join the 90% who is picking Maryland. I don't like to pick against UConn, but that's the way I read the tea leaves for this game. Geno won't have a bench tomorrow. He'll be lucky to put 5 healthy players on the floor to begin the game.

Anything can happen, but it's difficult to see how UConn or any other team can go into the Xfinity Center (Maryland), with only two healthy starters (Aaliyah & Aubrey) and expect to win. The UConn women's BB team is starting to resemble a MASH unit. The Notre Dame/Lafayette game Thursday was postponed reportedly because of COVID-19 issues. Perhaps this game should be postponed or canceled also. It can always be made up later in the season or next year.
Carnac you have that luxury, it's kind of hard to post the Prognosticator's Predictions and not give an honest prediction. I don't like it either, but if I don't post it then there is no thread. I was so sad about going against UConn I even mislabeled the thread as Game 8 and not Game 9.Head bang

Carnac

Reaction Score
Carnac you have that luxury, it's kind of hard to post the Prognosticator's Predictions and not give an honest prediction. I don't like it either, but if I don't post it then there is no thread. I was so sad about going against UConn I even mislabeled the thread as Game 8 and not Game 9.Head bang
Serge, you have to post a new prognosticator's thread for each new game. You've created a monster. Too many of us now look forward to seeing if we can GUESS the right score and MOV, and have our name mentioned in your post-game "winners" comment.

Even though I'm pretty sure UConn will come out the short end of this game, I won't predict it. If Geno had a six shot revolver, he couldn't put six bullets in it right now. Forget the bench, he's trying to find 5 healthy players to start.

I'm afraid those 5 may have to play 35+ minutes Sunday. :confused: This too shall pass. When we return from the Christmas break in 3 weeks (we host Marquette 3 weeks from today on Dec 31), we should be in good shape. Dorka should be good to go as well as Lou, Nika and Caroline. Not sure about Azzi. She'll be back when we see her on the floor. I'm not looking for her before then. It appears that Aubrey and Aaliyah are the only two healthy starters left.

I like those "throw-back" uniforms UConn wore Thursday night. I'd like to see them more often. :cool:

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Serge, you have to post a new prognosticator's thread for each new game. You've created a monster. Too many of us now look forward to seeing if we can GUESS the right score and MOV, and have our name mentioned in your post-game "winners" comment.

Even though I'm pretty sure UConn will come out the short end of this game, I won't predict it. If Geno had a six shot revolver, he couldn't put six bullets in it right now. Forget the bench, he's trying to find 5 healthy players to start.

I'm afraid those 5 may have to play 35+ minutes Sunday. :confused: This too shall pass. When we return from the Christmas break in 3 weeks (we host Marquette 3 weeks from today on Dec 31), we should be in good shape. Dorka should be good to go as well as Lou, Nika and Caroline. It appears that Aubrey and Aaliyah are the only two healthy starters left.
Actually I didn't create the monster, I carried it on when @Husky fanatic couldn't do it anymore due to other requirements. If I remember correctly he stated to me that he was not the one that created either. I just enjoyed it too much after joining the BY and playing it that I didn't want to see it go away.

I'm happy that there are many people here on the BY that enjoy it as much as I do, and hopefully as I stated earlier, that I'm wrong on this Prognostication.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Actually I didn't create the monster, I carried it on when @Husky fanatic couldn't do it anymore due to other requirements. If I remember correctly he stated to me that he was not the one that created either. I just enjoyed it too much after joining the BY and playing it that I didn't want to see it go away.

I'm happy that there are many people here on the BY that enjoy it as much as I do, and hopefully as I stated earlier, that I'm wrong on this Prognostication.
I stand corrected. I thought YOU were the Dr. Frankenstein of that game-to-game poll.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Evina once referred to Aubrey's physical talents as unique ("E" said it differently). I think, among her many talents, Aubrey
has the gift of great hands. Check out any of the Post Game Pressers with Aubrey sitting
with her hands folded in front of her. Not only does she have long fingers, but to my eyes, also "long"
palms. Great stuff for catching passes from Nika and snaring those rebounds. Nice to have her
in the Husky family... GO, Aubrey.!!
Long fingers and BIG hands come in handy in basketball. Until things return to normal, i.e., we get all of our players back healthy, I have a strange feeling that our only two healthy starters Aubrey and Aaliyah are going to have to carry us until play resumes on December 31, three weeks from today when they host Marquette. That means at least 20 pt. double-doubles from both and help from anywhere they can get it. :cool: UConn is going to have more difficulty than usual scoring points with so many of their shooters injured and sitting on the bench.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a joy to watch such wonderful human beings as well as talented BB players that UCONN has on their roster!

Reaction Score
As a former film student, I appreciate what they have done with these videos. It appears to be a multi camera effort with professional training. Maybe they have access to multi camera content from the productions? It's all digital now and they probably store the content shot from each camera digitally. I particularly appreciate that they both tell a story and also have a lot of immediate cutaways to the fans after great plays. Really solid work. If you have the content to work with the editing becomes a joy.

Reaction Score
If this was student produced I'd be even more impressed. ESPN should offer them a job.

Reaction Score

I'm afraid those 5 may have to play 35+ minutes Sunday. :confused: This too shall pass. When we return from the Christmas break in 3 weeks (we host Marquette 3 weeks from today on Dec 31), we should be in good shape. Dorka should be good to go as well as Lou, Nika and Caroline. Not sure about Azzi. She'll be back when we see her on the floor. I'm not looking for her before then. It appears that Aubrey and Aaliyah are the only two healthy starters left.

I like those "throw-back" uniforms UConn wore Thursday night. I'd like to see them more often. :cool:
One small problem with the "prognosticators". Only those without turbans "guess". Those with turbans "see". It's kinda unfair...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom