Video Memories, Starting With The 1988 NIT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Video Memories, Starting With The 1988 NIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
When Calhoun hugs his assistant after George's shot was in my opinion, one of the best moments.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I was in the building for the NIT championship. Two moments in that game - 1) Lyman DePriest's throwdown over three Buckeyes and 2) Jeff King and Phil Gamble chillin' on top of the MSG backboard after the W - will stay with me forever.

Yes the Dream Season was fabulous, but THAT was the real night that Huskymania started.
thank you Jim Calhoun, for a lifetime of great UConn memories.

Hmm, I seem to have something in my eyes right now. Excuse me for a bit...

Reaction Score
I was in the building for the NIT championship. Two moments in that game - 1) Lyman DePriest's throwdown over three Buckeyes and 2) Jeff King and Phil Gamble chillin' on top of the MSG backboard after the W - will stay with me forever.

Yes the Dream Season was fabulous, but THAT was the real night that Huskymania started.
thank you Jim Calhoun, for a lifetime of great UConn memories.

Hmm, I seem to have something in my eyes right now. Excuse me for a bit...

I was in the hot Field House for the VCU game, front row and traveled to MSG for the semi final vs BC.......it was when it all started but it was still a dream for an actual NC.......fun memories!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Very nice the Calhoun Tribute was made so quickly by UConn.
Yes, it's almost as if they had been working on something like this for a while...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Thanks zls44!

Labor of love.

The real thanks goes out to the people uploading this stuff. If you've got something cool on a VHS tape, please try and share it with the rest of us. It isn't that difficult to do! And it preserves it for later generations and all that jazz.

Reaction Score
Labor of love.

The real thanks goes out to the people uploading this stuff. If you've got something cool on a VHS tape, please try and share it with the rest of us. It isn't that difficult to do! And it preserves it for later generations and all that jazz.

Yeah, I'm a little behind in the technology. I don't know how to upload video, and post links, and all that stuff. That's where I appreciate 'yarders such as yourself for sharing. And, by the way, I have plenty of great UConn moments over the last 20 years on VHS.:D

Reaction Score
Thanks for starting this thread. It is very emotional going through all of them. The dream season was my senior year. I was fortunate enough to be in Gampel on opening night against St. Johns. The energy in that building that night was OFF THE CHARTS! Look at the non-students in that clip! EVERYONE was going crazy. I was also fortunate to be at every Big East tournament game that year and was on the court celebrating with the players. It was a special group and a great coaching job. I still love watching that team play.

Reaction Score
Thanks for starting this thread. It is very emotional going through all of them. The dream season was my senior year. I was fortunate enough to be in Gampel on opening night against St. Johns. The energy in that building that night was OFF THE CHARTS! Look at the non-students in that clip! EVERYONE was going crazy. I was also fortunate to be at every Big East tournament game that year and was on the court celebrating with the players. It was a special group and a great coaching job. I still love watching that team play.
You were there for all of that, and you think that this year's team is going to be as talented as that team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom