Victory!!! | The Boneyard

Victory!!!

Reaction Score
Kevin Dillon Win GIF

Reaction Score
Team would be 3-3 without all the injuries. It's sometimes hard for us fans to see the improvement when getting trounced by really good teams but they're clearly way better than RE 2.0 and that's with all the top skill players being injured.

We're lucky to have Jim Mora.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Team would be 3-3 without all the injuries. It's sometimes hard for us fans to see the improvement when getting trounced by really good teams but they're clearly way better than RE 2.0 and that's with all the top skill players being injured.

Maybe. Utah St was looking promising but no guarantees.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A pulse! Nice to see them play hard all game. It wasn't always pretty but they earned it. Nice to see that first down at the end as well. Go Huskies!

Good analogy. A pulse. Players had to compete for 60 minutes to win. It was obvious after one quarter there wasn't a talent mismatch. It came down to playcalling, execution and will not to lose again.

Reaction Score

very true about Mora. Remember when Sidney Wilson said the Hurley name is basketball royalty? I think the same can be said about the Mora name being football royalty. Even with UConn being a laughingstock in football with their decade-plus of futility, those same people are not laughing at Mora-he garners instant respect.

Here's hoping he uses his skills and the branding of his family name to good use on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
Old school UConn win. Awesome defense and running game, timely turnovers.

The improvement is clear, we’re not far removed from the worst defense of all time and an o line that could do nothing on the ground. Now we’ve had a solid running game all year despite the injuries and a defense that looks pretty good when not playing legit top 25 teams. Passing game has a way to go to get us where we want to be but great win

Reaction Score
very true about Mora. Remember when Sidney Wilson said the Hurley name is basketball royalty? I think the same can be said about the Mora name being football royalty. Even with UConn being a laughingstock in football with their decade-plus of futility, those same people are not laughing at Mora-he garners instant respect.

Here's hoping he uses his skills and the branding of his family name to good use on the recruiting trail.
I always felt like UConn football could really be something and they were well on their way a long time ago but it looked like too much damage was done for them to get a good coach. They've been known as the worst program and that recognition was earned. It takes a special kind of guy to take on that challenge, I really respect Mora for doing it and I agree he lends instant credibility that UConn had not earned with their previous hires and on the field play.

If he just makes UConn football competitive again and takes them to some bowl games, he's saved the program. I'm pretty confident he'll do that.

Reaction Score
I always felt like UConn football could really be something and they were well on their way a long time ago but it looked like too much damage was done for them to get a good coach. They've been known as the worst program and that recognition was earned. It takes a special kind of guy to take on that challenge, I really respect Mora for doing it and I agree he lends instant credibility that UConn had not earned with their previous hires and on the field play.

If he just makes UConn football competitive again and takes them to some bowl games, he's saved the program. I'm pretty confident he'll do that.
When he was interviewed at the end of the game he said "I'm so happy to be coaching here."

Reaction Score
Best feeling after a game in a quite some time. I and the 250 in the house wearing white did nothing but that is on those calling for a white out not realizing UConn has very little white garb.
What a day to have what few fans in the house on their feet and cheering. A couple / few thousand got as loud as I have heard in years!

The team delivered just what they and the fan base needed. Now for it to continue....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom