Victory Formation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Victory Formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Apparently this thread HASN'T run its course...

With everytime the ball changes hands, there is risk of a turnover. By handing off you are just increasing that chance. Nothing you can do about the snap. Game rules state that the ball must change hand to start every play. The point, in this instance, is the coaches managed the situation in such a way that they doubled the chance of a mistake. There is no harm, nor foul in fans calling out a mistake prone coaching staff with one more mistake.

That really isn't the issue at this point anyway. The issue has now become the manner in which each side of the case has been argued over the last 4 days. one one side, it's ends justifies the means. They won get over it. Period.

On the other, Its yes they won and it'll be enjoyed in due time, but admit the staff may have made a mistake.

Much like in the Cesspool, I don't see either side backing down...

Reaction Score
Apparently this thread HASN'T run its course...

With everytime the ball changes hands, there is risk of a turnover. By handing off you are just increasing that chance. Nothing you can do about the snap. Game rules state that the ball must change hand to start every play. The point, in this instance, is the coaches managed the situation in such a way that they doubled the chance of a mistake. There is no harm, nor foul in fans calling out a mistake prone coaching staff with one more mistake.

That really isn't the issue at this point anyway. The issue has now become the manner in which each side of the case has been argued over the last 4 days. one one side, it's ends justifies the means. They won get over it. Period.

On the other, Its yes they won and it'll be enjoyed in due time, but admit the staff may have made a mistake.

Much like in the Cesspool, I don't see either side backing down...

So if Des, John, the AP, Sports illustrated whoever, admitted the staff made a mistake - what difference does it make? That's the only piece i still can't rationalize.

Reaction Score
You know whatss really funny to me at least, is that I didnt even know they didnt kneel on it to the next day. I was walking up the stairs and out w my group as soon as we were done cheering the first dow, bc the game was over. We won, those next plays were meaningless. The game was won, they practiced a handoff. Big deal. There are other clock issues to focus on that actually matter in DETERMINING THE OUTCOME of games rather than running a RB dive vs, a QB kneel when the game is already won. You all are quite funny about this, media and uconn crazies alike.

That's weak.

I was standing and applauding the players as they went over by the band to sing the fight song and then walked off the field.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So if Des, John, the AP, Sports illustrated whoever, admitted the staff made a mistake - what difference does it make? That's the only piece i still can't rationalize.

The short answer is none on my part...I's just conversation.

For some, I think it's too late now. The manner in which the line in the sand was drawn and the unnecessary combative tone this whole thing took on provides little room for reconciliation on this issue.

Reaction Score
My main problem is all the botched snaps, snaps over the head, fumblitis, turnover prone team we have seen this year. So when I see a hand-off to the rb, when there is no need to I cringe. Especially after all the blunders we've seen the last month and a half. Think there's a saying it aint over to the fat lady sings right. Secure the Victory, work smarter- not harder.

Reaction Score
Why can't a coaching staff be smart and have balls? Why does our staff have to be stupid and have balls at exactly the wrong time?

They could, in theory, have both I just haven't seen much of those two traits on display at the same time this season.

Reaction Score
For the second year in a row our coaches can't even figure out when to take a freaking knee. Most basic thing a coach is expected to do. LM said he fell on the ball on purpose. Let's say that CW is thinking the same thing as he goes back and says screw it I'm not handing it off (think Piscarcik to Csonka). While falling on top of each other BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH AD LIBBING BECAUSE THE COACHES ARE CLUELESS the ball squirts loose.
Thank god these guys aren't air traffic controllers, where a near-miss is a lot more serious.

Reaction Score
That's weak.

I was standing and applauding the players as they went over by the band to sing the fight song and then walked off the field.

As I noted the other day, when I wrote the same thing talking about this nonsense. My ass was cold, and I had to take a leak, and I wasn't alone. I had no idea they didn't kneel on it till the next day. I knew they ran the clock out and I clapped my hands and cheered as I was headed toward the men's room door. I have no idea how old you are, but the guys with me, my age, that had as much food and drink as we had, all were praying for the game to end, so we could hit the head. It was late, it was cold, I was happy for a win, and I had to take a piss, and the game was over as far as we were concerned. I'm not one of the people around here who have ever bitched and moaned about people being in their seats, and all that crap. You buy the tickets, you are free to do what you want. I know many, many people, the names you would most surely recognize, that would surprise you, that hang around the non-parking pass lots across the street for the games, and usually around second quarter, are like - "hey, maybe we should go in." I applaud fans that are always in their seats at the beginning and stay to the end. For the most part, my group is usually one of them and we were in our seats for kickoff last Friday night. So if you want to beat me up, for being happy to have reason to get up and start hustling to the head, when #10 completed that last ball to #8 for the first down, go ahead have at it. If the offense had somehow managed to botch up running out the clock, there would be somethign to talk about here. They didn't. The rest of this is people talking that just don't like how Pasqualoni has led this program to what 9-13 now in two years? As noted, there are plenty, plenty other clock and game time decision issues that could use some improvement, this just isn't one I'm concerned about. If they're going to hand it off and let the RB fall on it to end a game that's already been won, that's fine by me. Just do it.

Reaction Score
As I noted the other day, when I wrote the same thing talking about this nonsense. My ass was cold, and I had to take a leak, and I wasn't alone. I had no idea they didn't kneel on it till the next day. I knew they ran the clock out and I clapped my hands and cheered as I was headed toward the men's room door. I have no idea how old you are, but the guys with me, my age, that had as much food and drink as we had, all were praying for the game to end, so we could hit the head. It was late, it was cold, I was happy for a win, and I had to take a piss, and the game was over as far as we were concerned. I'm not one of the people around here who have ever bitched and moaned about people being in their seats, and all that crap. You buy the tickets, you are free to do what you want. I know many, many people, the names you would most surely recognize, that would surprise you, that hang around the non-parking pass lots across the street for the games, and usually around second quarter, are like - "hey, maybe we should go in." I applaud fans that are always in their seats at the beginning and stay to the end. For the most part, my group is usually one of them and we were in our seats for kickoff last Friday night. So if you want to beat me up, for being happy to have reason to get up and start hustling to the head, when #10 completed that last ball to #8 for the first down, go ahead have at it. If the offense had somehow managed to botch up running out the clock, there would be somethign to talk about here. They didn't. The rest of this is people talking that just don't like how Pasqualoni has led this program to what 9-13 now in two years? As noted, there are plenty, plenty other clock and game time decision issues that could use some improvement, this just isn't one I'm concerned about. If they're going to hand it off and let the RB fall on it to end a game that's already been won, that's fine by me. Just do it.

I was just kidding. Should have put a smiley face on there. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom