OT: - Victor Wembanyama | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Victor Wembanyama

Reaction Score
I think by fragile he's referring to the skinniness. Chet looks more fragile for sure. He has that kind of horse face tall guys get. To me, Wemby looks fragile in his lower body. If he can bulk up to Durant-ish size in the next 5 years, he'll be in good shape.
Lol you’re right on the money. I don’t know if it’s because he looks like a horse faced teenager or because he picked Gonzaga over Duke/Kentucky and ended up on the Thunder. I feel like I’m really rooting for him. Maybe it’s all those things. Unfortunately after he’s already had a serious injury I’m afraid he might not make it to bring a very easy to root for Thunder team back to a contender.

Reaction Score
The MJ vs Lebron GOAT debate is going to look pretty silly in the next decade. IF Wemby hits his ceiling he'll be above both of them
Some people laugh at your comment but while not in 10 years i do think he could end his career as the GOAT. If healthy with his skillset and size he will be unstoppable on offense and he`ll be a nightmare on defense. Theyll have to invent the "Wemby rules" like they had to do with Jordan.

Reaction Score
Some people laugh at your comment but while not in 10 years i do think he could end his career as the GOAT. If healthy with his skillset and size he will be unstoppable on offense and he`ll be a nightmare on defense. Theyll have to invent the "Wemby rules" like they had to do with Jordan.
Yeah anyone who laughs either hasn't been paying attention, or are the same type of people who say "they don't play defense in the NBA".

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
If he stays healthy he has the potential to drop 100 in a game before this decade is over.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
The funny thing is Chet is a freak. He's probably a legitimate 7 feet tall with serious dribbling skills, shooting skills, and shotblocking and he looks like a piece of crap compared to Wembanyama. It shows just how freaky this kid is.
Chet has been way better though. Any advanced metric you pick favors him easily

Reaction Score
That’s not why they do it.
1699158594298.png

You sure? This is an undeniable part of Lebron's legacy. He's an all time great, the reason he's not THE all time great is this

Reaction Score
View attachment 92752

You sure? This is an undeniable part of Lebron's legacy. He's an all time great, the reason he's not THE all time great is this
Yeah, flopping is totally the reason.

I’ve always thought it had more to do with his playoff struggles early in his career, including the complete disappearing act in the Mavs. But nah, some anecdotal evidence about him being a flopper makes perfect sense.

Reaction Score
You’re a bizarre human being
Id rather be bizarre than a LeBron stan. Even still I recognize his greatness as a basketball player. It's truly bizarre to deny that there is this massive flaw in in his game. It leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. Especially since Kobe and MJ were more of a traditional tough guy than LeBron.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, flopping is totally the reason.

I’ve always thought it had more to do with his playoff struggles early in his career, including the complete disappearing act in the Mavs. But nah, some anecdotal evidence about him being a flopper makes perfect sense.
Occam's razer my friend. Also, Do you know what anecdotal evidence means? There are hundred of hours of video evidence of LeBron flopping on the internet.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I

just told my brother he could literally average 40+ points a game in a few years. My brother laughed but I was dead serious. As a lifelong spurs fan, I’m finally excited again about spurs basketball. We were spoiled with Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker but maybe even more spoiled with Wemby.

I'm sure the 5 year gap between multi decade dynasties must have been tough on all Spurs fans.

Reaction Score
Id rather be bizarre than a LeBron stan. Even still I recognize his greatness as a basketball player. It's truly bizarre to deny that there is this massive flaw in in his game. It leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. Especially since Kobe and MJ were more of a traditional tough guy than LeBron.
You might have an argument if you weren't trying to put Kobe in the conversation. That's where all your credibility goes out the window

Reaction Score
Occam's razer my friend. Also, Do you know what anecdotal evidence means? There are hundred of hours of video evidence of LeBron flopping on the internet.
And yet, the example you posted was anecdotal evidence.

Reaction Score
You might have an argument if you weren't trying to put Kobe in the conversation. That's where all your credibility goes out the window
I think LeBron is better than Kobe all time. I just like Kobe more while also appreciating posts that trigger LeBron fans. That's pretty much the point I'm making. People don't like LeBron because he flops, IMO that's the core reason and the it expands out from there. If LeBron didn't flop like a soccer player a lot more people Would be willing to acknowledge him as the GOAT.

If we weigh MJ and LeBron in the balance, LeBron loses weight because he flops like fish.

None of this will matter anyway because of Wemby.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The older generation just can’t wrap their mind around the possibility that a guy is better than Jordan. The whole flop thing is just a cop out

Reaction Score
The older generation just can’t wrap their mind around the possibility that a guy is better than Jordan. The whole flop thing is just a cop out
Mene Mene TECKEL upharsim, LeBron has been weighed in the balance and found wanting. If he was truly the GOAT he would be acknowledged by all as such.

It's not a cop out it's part of his legacy. He's an all time great. One of the greatest, while also being a notorious flopper.

You've heard people say "be undeniable". MJ was undeniable, LeBron Is not. And I REPEAT, he's one of the best to ever do it, just not THE best.

Edit: I'm 35, so if that's the "older generation" you young whippersnappers need to wise up

Last edited:

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I'm sure the 5 year gap between multi decade dynasties must have been tough on all Spurs fans.
I had to tune them out for the past few seasons. Finally can watch again and be proud. Hopefully Hurley starts recruiting better so I don’t have to tune him out too.

Reaction Score
Former players and current players have Jordan as the best ever. I have no idea why this guy turned this into a thread about Lebron, Jordan, and Kobe but whatever debate people wanted to have about the best ever, there's a consensus on who is the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom